world bosses

Zgod - Lost City
Zgod - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Anyone know what's up with world bosses there not spawning and when they did, they spawned out of order they were killed and took 3 days in between last killed time to spawn again.
Post edited by Zgod - Lost City on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Anyone know what's up with world bosses there not spawning and when they did, they spawned out of order they were killed and took 3 days in between last killed time to spawn again.

Btw. I remember times, when world bosses were everywhere. And it was all faction event when they were killed. I was one time late to work, because my all faction was killing wb over 1h.b:chuckle But it was loooong time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Because, as the rumor goes, the set respawn time is no more - that they now will respawn randomly 24-48 hours after death. Which is great if its true, so a mere handful of people can't monopolize them for drops.
    Cause to be honest - I, and many others, don't give a damn who was hogging these for 'income'. Some of us wanted a chance to even fight or see the things around.
    Here's hoping the rumor is true and too bad to the people that abused and hogged them. Brought it on yourself :P
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Has anyone seen harpy? :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Saw Harpy on HL when I went to go do that treasure hunter daily. So yes, it has spawned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    yeah looks like they listened to us and finally made thier respawn rate random. As a rank 9 assasin who used to do 6 of them nightly- I am glad. Now i won't need to ever be tempted to stay up all night just to keep control of them.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Saw Harpy on HL when I went to go do that treasure hunter daily. So yes, it has spawned.

Yay! But where is she on sanc b:sad Must be some extra randomness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    With the chrono pages available from treasure quest and the perfect gems from the different orders- one might think that farming world bosses are nolonger worth it. The random respawn times cement it.
  • JPsi - Raging Tide
    JPsi - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    As fas as I can tell, it isn't a random 24-48 hour respawn, watched certain respawns for greater than 48 hours without any sign of them spawning. As can be ascertained so far, the WBs are only spawning on server reset, they spawned approximately 21 hours ago on East coast severs again only after they crashed/restarted yesterday.

Still awaiting Mod/GM confirmation on if this is a bug or intentional
  • Harpy_killer - Sanctuary
    Harpy_killer - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012

um i killed harpy b:chuckleb:chuckle

and yea i think they changed the spanw time since i saw poleaxe deathrider in oht, havent seen him in longe time...

edit: i mean spawn not spanw :P
  • BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear
    BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I can confirm that Harpy spawned. Left an alt at Harpy in which I switched and saw it approximately 5hours after maint, and proceeded to kill it b:victory
    edited February 2012
    With the chrono pages available from treasure quest and the perfect gems from the different orders- one might think that farming world bosses are nolonger worth it. The random respawn times cement it.
    Excuse me. What is treasure quest? I remember just one at lv. 20.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Treasure quest is a new daily quest, there is an NPC in south arch near the Jewelcraftsmen and another in 1k that I know of. It gives you a chance to get items you can trade for gems, chrono pages and a few other things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I hope this is an actual change. Kinda unfair for WBs to spawn same time daily and after maint. Basically leaving night owls and anyone who lives outside of the us a monopoly on them

Not that farming WBs is profitable for my guild since perfect shards are worthless and almost all have their 100 skills. But it was something to do as a guild.
    b:bye
  • JPsi - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    I hope this is an actual change. Kinda unfair for WBs to spawn same time daily and after maint. Basically leaving night owls and anyone who lives outside of the us a monopoly on them

Not that farming WBs is profitable for my guild since perfect shards are worthless and almost all have their 100 skills. But it was something to do as a guild.

Whilst I in part agree with this statement, I see WBs as almost an event in themselves and a competitive one. Its one of the few things available for those on during those hours. Is it really fair that every other event is held at the same time "20:00" when a large number of people not living in US cant make it?

Bump for GM/Mod response on if this is a glitch or intentional
    edited February 2012
    Treasure quest is a new daily quest, there is an NPC in south arch near the Jewelcraftsmen and another in 1k that I know of. It gives you a chance to get items you can trade for gems, chrono pages and a few other things.

Thanks. ;-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JPsi - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Bump for official confirmation is this an intended change or a bug?
    If its a bug will it be fixed soon, or considered non-urgent?
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Bump for official confirmation is this an intended change or a bug?
    If its a bug will it be fixed soon, or considered non-urgent?

Good luck getting an official answer. Personal thoughts, I think it was intentional.
  • JPsi - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Good luck getting an official answer. Personal thoughts, I think it was intentional.

Well can only be assured that they wont answer if you never ask, no harm in askin for some clarification. Far too much speculation isn't really helping anyone.