Raising a Genie

zerole
zerole Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi guys, I checked out all the guides in the sticky but there doesn't seem to be anything on raising a Genie. I'm looking to raise one for primarily PvE (I'd say 75/25 PvE/PvP) and I need some direction on what stats/skills to invest in as an Assassin. Thanks.
Post edited by zerole on

Comments

• BlooD_PRINCE - Heavens Tear
    BlooD_PRINCE - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    First of all, you should look at the assassin forum for genie building as there are many people suggesting good skills there.

Secondly, you have to know where you want the emphasis on. Personally, I want a fast genie (aka points in mag) and with a decent hp pool (aka points in vit). Depending on your skills you might want to add str/dex to make them more powerful. Now as far as the skills go, as a sin you might want to consider:
    -a healing skill (e.g. Second Wind, Tree of Protection etc)
    -a damage amplification one (e.g. Tangling Mire),
    -an immunity to damage for until ur charm ticks again or you need to stealth (e.g. Absolute Domain),
    -and some people go for attack speed/running speed/chi gain too (e.g. Wind Shield/Holy Path/Cloud eruption)

If you don't know what you want just go for something and you can later assess its' value and reconsider. Good Luck
  • zerole
    zerole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thanks I did check there beforehand and got some recommendations as far as skills go. I guess I'm just used to WoW where there's a ridiculous amount of min/maxing resources available. Any advice as far as a Genie's Lucky Points go?

I don't know if that's something that's preset (I.E. that Genie is going to get X points from the point you get it) or if every 10 levels it really does have a random chance to get 1-10 points. Basically, if I get a crappy bonus at level 10 should I try for another?
  • BlooD_PRINCE - Heavens Tear
    BlooD_PRINCE - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    A genie's lucky points are exactly that; lucky points (LP). Every 10 levels you get a random number from 1-10. The more LP your genie has, the more skills it can use. But this has all been said before...

I wouldn't worry too much about a genie's points until you can FF enough to have spare spirit to feed her with.