New public quest event for orders :)

Options
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Well thanks to my friend Bobo's advise, I was able to get to my HQ in time to try out that new public quest.

I know it has been posted before, but u take the yellow quest to kill the King and then u have 300 mobs to kill. Each mob, soloed, gives 50 contribution and u just need 100 for a gift.

34 Shrouds participated today and made quick work of those liches and the boss :)

All in all, quick good fun for 80 prestige and 40 influence :)
Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
Post edited by Sir_Puma - Raging Tide on

Comments

• blast93
    blast93 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    that sounds nice,what about the exp reward?(how much?)
  • Berserker_ - Dreamweaver
    Berserker_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well thanks to my friend Bobo's advise, I was able to get to my HQ in time to try out that new public quest.

I know it has been posted before, but u take the yellow quest to kill the King and then u have 300 mobs to kill. Each mob, soloed, gives 50 contribution and u just need 100 for a gift.

34 Shrouds participated today and made quick work of those liches and the boss :)

very nice, repeatable, daily or what? thanks in advanceb:thanks
    [SIGPIC]www.spades.tw[/SIGPIC]
    b:cute
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I would like some info on this. I haven't noticed a thread with details yet.

If i'm wrong please post a link :)
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Did it at Luminance on Harshlands.

Was fairly quick and the reward was 220k exp 49720 spirit for my Lv98 Wizard. As well as 30 influance and 80 prestige (I'm now at 400 prestige).

Was fun and quick. Cept the veno who made my mobs kite with her nix until I dropped her with my PvE/Slayer MSword equipped b:chuckle

~Our boss reset a few times, not sure why since I was hiding out of sight using my spellrange to avoid people trying to drop me.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

As well as 220k experience and 49k spirit. Also found out you can benefit from other players contribution if your in a squad.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's each Saturday at 6:30 pm East Coast.

Only exp gotten was from mobs (so normal exp) and reward was prestige and influence.

Asterelle mentionned it in her thread about the expansion, I will try find exact links and post them.

Asterelle's post : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1295271

Bobo's post : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1302721

And ..ninja'd...didn't even notice the exp in my log, lol, thanks for that :)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I remember reading about that from an NPC when the expansion came out. I'm just soooooooooooooo glad I saw this and remember it.

b:shocked

It's in about 1 hour and 30 mins for HT as of this post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's each Saturday at 6:30 pm East Coast.

Only exp gotten was from mobs (so normal exp) and reward was prestige and influence.

Asterelle mentionned it in her thread about the expansion, I will try find exact links and post them.

Asterelle's post : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1295271

Bobo's post : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1302721

And ..ninja'd...didn't even notice the exp in my log, lol, thanks for that :)

is it only on saturdays? or everyday? i cant even play on sat lame x.x'
    edited February 2012
    Options
    is it only on saturdays? or everyday? i cant even play on sat lame x.x'

Just saturdays
  • hi7ok1ri
    hi7ok1ri Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just saturdays

great...

another event I will never participate...b:sadb:cryb:angry
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's an ok event, wish it was like twice a week or something though.

At 400 Prestige now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Did not expect it to be another tiger event but you have way less time. You can't kill anything with all the ksing going on. R9 archers everywhere you turn and sins and BMs killing things to fast. Its impossible for me. I'm under-geared compared to most of them. Guess I have to take the back seat again and wait till there is an event where who can kill the fastest is not the objective comes along. Sad day. b:sad
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The prizes seem to be the same for everyone if you make the minimum contribution.

Reward was:

220k xp
    49k spirit
    30 influence
    80 prestige
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Did not expect it to be another tiger event but you have way less time. You can't kill anything with all the ksing going on. R9 archers everywhere you turn and sins and BMs killing things to fast. Its impossible for me. I'm under-geared compared to most of them. Guess I have to take the back seat again and wait till there is an event where who can kill the fastest is not the objective comes along. Sad day. b:sad

best to see if you can get into a squad for it then. Get a nice APS **** with ya :D
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    best to see if you can get into a squad for it then. Get a nice APS **** with ya :D

To be honest... this really isn't an event where aps ruled. The mobs are level 150 (so damage penalty applies) but only 200k HP which meant that the ranged DDs (particularly if R9) had the distinct advantage since they could target the mobs from afar and knock off 50% or more of its life with burst damage before Sins could really get going.

On my Seeker I can't tell you how often with one gemini strike, I took away from right under their nose... the lich that some 5 aps Sin was busy pounding away on. b:laugh
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I only got 88 contrib. Didn't get a reward at all. I hardly made a dent in the mobs. HP went down when a sin came up to attack and then an archer from targeted. Maybe next time I will equip that PvE armor I wanted to get because it looked interesting b:chuckle
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I only got 88 contrib. Didn't get a reward at all. I hardly made a dent in the mobs. HP went down when a sin came up to attack and then an archer from targeted. Maybe next time I will equip that PvE armor I wanted to get because it looked interesting b:chuckle

o_O Dunno which order you were in nor the mobs you hunted but I was soloing the mobs at the entrance to the Luminance area (From SZ, avoiding being dead, till I ended up having to kill someone x)) in about a minute each one. What wep are you using anyway? I was using the G12 Slayer weapon from the quest chain cos it hits slightly harder than my normal weapon.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    o_O Dunno which order you were in nor the mobs you hunted but I was soloing the mobs at the entrance to the Luminance area (From SZ, avoiding being dead, till I ended up having to kill someone x)) in about a minute each one. What wep are you using anyway? I was using the G12 Slayer weapon from the quest chain cos it hits slightly harder than my normal weapon.

I'm in Order of the Shroud and I was using my r8 weapon. That's probably what it was. I will probably have to use that weapon I got from that quest next time. Might work hopefully.
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ok so is there actualy 6 quests total now you can take, 4 dailies and 2 weeklies? The devine quest the 1 hour quest, then the 2 2 hour quests from the leader (king at corona). Then the missive and sat quest? See pic below about the 2 2 hour quests. You cant see it in the picture but it states that these are both daily quests? Help pls
    b:surrender

http://imgur.com/XDdk2
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ok so is there actualy 6 quests total now you can take, 4 dailies and 2 weeklies? The devine quest the 1 hour quest, then the 2 2 hour quests from the leader (king at corona). Then the missive and sat quest? See pic below about the 2 2 hour quests. You cant see it in the picture but it states that these are both daily quests? Help pls
    b:surrender

http://imgur.com/XDdk2

Investigating now...