Influence and prestige cap - Official Q.Q

Options
EnDeavor - Lothranis
EnDeavor - Lothranis Posts: 53 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Not used to Q.Q, but there is a time for everything.

While I do appreciate the expansion a lot, I don't understand those stupid limitations related to influence/prestige.
let's count : 30 influence and 65 prestige per day .
Let's add weekly quest : + 60 prestige.

1 full week would give 210 influence, and 515 prestige.
Tier 2 advanced stuff (skills) require 3500 prestige, and 675 influence.

So it means 6.8 weeks to have enough prestige to unlock those skills (usually only ONE skill).
Some of you might want to get out of your current order once you learnt the uber skill you were looking for, to switch to another one and repeat 6.8 weeks of dailies for 2nd skill/armor/weapon/whatever.

I'm not the kind of guy who want to have everything at disposal in 5 min, I just wanna "work" for this stuff, and not beeing freakingly limited to 3 daily lame quests. Come on barely 30 mobs to do, zero challenge, zero effort, nothing.

So we have a new land (a beautifull one !) with plenty of mobs, some boss, a lot of room, and what we have to do is only bashing 20/30 mobs daily during months ?
I won't even talk about the instance, but if instead of lvl 80+ crappy ornaments ,it could have dropped some prest/inf exchange items, I'd have a reason to run it on a daily basis b:sad

I really hope we'll get a way soon to have some control over prestige/influence gains (other than packs b:shocked).

Why u beijing bursted my bubble b:cry

Peace b:bye
Post edited by EnDeavor - Lothranis on

Comments

• Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i totally agree with you

not enough quests are able to be taken at the emissary npc. i wish we could take them all, that would keep us busy in the new area every day for awhile.

either that, or make the item available to take more quests, put it in a merchant NPC for sale, good gold sink i think?

also, the dungeon, your idea is a good one i think. i made about 150k from 1 run of selling all those crappy accessories to the merchant, but i would much rather have an item that rewards prestige and influence, maybe just right click it like how wedding candy works, you know? and non tradeable? even if its not as much as the quests give.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • EnDeavor - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options
    that would keep us busy in the new area every day for awhile
    I really wanna be busy when I've some free time for the game. Busy farming content of expansion !
    maybe just right click it like how wedding candy works, you know? and non tradeable? even if its not as much as the quests give.
    ^this

Even tradable would work, it could create some commerce around that, which wouldn't be a bad thing I guess.

I'm wondering if it isn't taking the same direction as Forsaken World, where everything is ultra limited, and at the end, ultra casual.
  • RunningTiger - Dreamweaver
    RunningTiger - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Obviously the thing to refresh the emmisary list will eventually make its way to the boutique just like the thing that refreshes the regular emmisary quest outside.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you can't tell, all of Morai is set up to be added to. Expect more content updates to be added that make further use of Morai and all it has to offer.
  • EnDeavor - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Obviously the thing to refresh the emmisary list will eventually make its way to the boutique just like the thing that refreshes the regular emmisary quest outside.

Even of it can be refreshed, I'm not sure it would really matters. I had a purple quest in there, and only one. It was giving 20 influence. Beside that, there was no white quests.
    Pick up 2x white quests (2x10 inf) or 1x purple quest (1x20 inf) is finally the same thing b:surrender
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    As far as I know, you can change orders without losing all of your Prestige and Influence. Doesn't it say that you lose, like 10%?

Having to farm <4 months for some of the skills is pretty justified, considering a lot of them are ridiculous, like the Archer stealth.

Also, there's tons of quests there but you are limited to 2 a day. I would guess higher tiers lift that limit.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Having to farm <4 months for some of the skills is pretty justified, considering a lot of them are ridiculous, like the Archer stealth.

Oh....the irony. b:sweat

On a related note: I guess it's to keep people from jumping the gun....bad enough people hyper frost their toons to 100 in a few weeks, then sprinkle some magic credit card dust on PWE and magically obtain Recast R9 +12...

Why rush something like skills? I personally like working hard to get something. It's an actual accomplishment to have one of those skills now. You can't say someone cashshopped that kind of thing....it's a good feeling to be one of those people, amirite?

I'm sure there will be something where they can get around that in the cashshop shortly though...we know better than to trust PWE with these things. b:sad
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Even of it can be refreshed, I'm not sure it would really matters. I had a purple quest in there, and only one. It was giving 20 influence. Beside that, there was no white quests.
    Pick up 2x white quests (2x10 inf) or 1x purple quest (1x20 inf) is finally the same thing b:surrender

yea the purple quest is random, you may get it one day, but not the next (according to what the Order's boss npc says)

but your right, it adds up to 2 white quests anyways...

so on days you get a purple quest, you wouldnt be able to refresh i assume? and if so, I guess it wouldnt be worth using the item for if your able to accept 2 more quests after using the item (since you would only have 1 to take).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well it balances out who can get to the lvl 100 skills first.
    I don't honestly see it as a bad thing. There is always complaint about it.

Thou I think Barbarian should have a higher limit cap. Y? Since it will allow them to gain there Threat Aggro skills sooner.
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    PRO-TIP: Skills can be traded! b:quiet

just trade skills with someone from another order.
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • EnDeavor - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options

but how do you call that "farming". When skills lvl 79 and 100 came with chrono expansion, we had to farm a LOT fb89 holy & hell for apocalypse page, farm world boss for chrono page, it required a real effort for it. That's what I'd call farming :/
    PRO-TIP: Skills can be traded!
    Only basic ones. Advanced skills can't be.
  • xdemian
    xdemian Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Or, make weekly quest (the item) required only for party leader.That way everyone of us would do it + it would be possible to get some inf/pres to people in other orders that help.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    there will prolly be some kind of item in Cash shop soon to refresh the divine quest, just like the "old" dive quest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have yet to get 2 quest for the devine quest guy. Its either one while or one purple, by good chance I have had 1 white and 2 purple.
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Since one of the objectives of the update is to balance the classes and since the new skills are inferior to the Assassin normal skills (ie compare archer/assassin stealth) then all these skills should be available immediately (as the [still superior] assassin normal skills are).
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think it's good that it takes some farming and time to get the new skills and gear/wep etc..

It adds to the longevity of the game and gives true farmers/grinders a new area to play in.

Yes, the "cap" per day is a tad low, I will admit, but still, to me it brings out a element I had trouble finding again, and it's called "pure fun and something else I can do"
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There is an "Order Token" thing that can go into your new equipment slot that increases Prestige gain by up to 80% but it doesn't look like its available at the moment.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33931

Also your order has a public quest available from the order lieutenant at 6:30 pm every saturday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • DeathenShada - Archosaur
    DeathenShada - Archosaur Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I also agree we should be able to work as hard as we want to get presidge and influence faster common GM's pretty please change it <3
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Not used to Q.Q, but there is a time for everything.

While I do appreciate the expansion a lot, I don't understand those stupid limitations related to influence/prestige.
    let's count : 30 influence and 65 prestige per day .
    Let's add weekly quest : + 60 prestige.

1 full week would give 210 influence, and 515 prestige.
    Tier 2 advanced stuff (skills) require 3500 prestige, and 675 influence.

So it means 6.8 weeks to have enough prestige to unlock those skills (usually only ONE skill).
    Some of you might want to get out of your current order once you learnt the uber skill you were looking for, to switch to another one and repeat 6.8 weeks of dailies for 2nd skill/armor/weapon/whatever.

I'm not the kind of guy who want to have everything at disposal in 5 min, I just wanna "work" for this stuff, and not beeing freakingly limited to 3 daily lame quests. Come on barely 30 mobs to do, zero challenge, zero effort, nothing.

So we have a new land (a beautifull one !) with plenty of mobs, some boss, a lot of room, and what we have to do is only bashing 20/30 mobs daily during months ?
    I won't even talk about the instance, but if instead of lvl 80+ crappy ornaments ,it could have dropped some prest/inf exchange items, I'd have a reason to run it on a daily basis b:sad

I really hope we'll get a way soon to have some control over prestige/influence gains (other than packs b:shocked).

Why u beijing bursted my bubble b:cry

Peace b:bye

+ A Very Big 1 b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There is also the new public quest that awards Influence and prestige for participating and as a reward. The quest starts at 6:30 pm server time.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There is an "Order Token" thing that can go into your new equipment slot that increases Prestige gain by up to 80% but it doesn't look like its available at the moment.

Also your order has a public quest available from the order lieutenant at 6:30 pm every saturday.

Thank you Asty for giving us prompt and accurate information as usual!
    There is also the new public quest that awards Influence and prestige for participating and as a reward. The quest starts at 9:30 pm server time.

what is this, i dont even...
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    sorry, that's 6:30 pm server time - go talk to the npc of ur order to initiate it.

Qouted from Asterelle's post:

Saturday Public Event
    There is a weekly public event every Saturday at 6:30 PM server time available from your Order's Lieutenant. Collectively 300 mobs have to be killed followed by a boss. Every order has their own separate public quest.

You need a minimum of 100 contribution points to get the award of 80 prestige and 30 influence.

If you perform all of your daily's and the weekly's you will be acquiring 595 Prestige and 240 influence a week. That means it takes 6 weeks to get your skill per order.
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

I pray this gets added, would make getting my daggers so much more tolerable. Maybe its just hidden somewhere in Morai b:laugh
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I pray this gets added, would make getting my daggers so much more tolerable. Maybe its just hidden somewhere in Morai b:laugh

It seems to be an item of the Shroud order. o.o
  • EnDeavor - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options
    so, been able to do saturday event, get the prestige and influence. Dunno if it's related to it, but been also able to take 2x hour-limited quest on sunday.

Everybody experienced this ?
  • ShiroiKarasu - Dreamweaver
    ShiroiKarasu - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i totally agree with you

not enough quests are able to be taken at the emissary npc. i wish we could take them all, that would keep us busy in the new area every day for awhile.

either that, or make the item available to take more quests, put it in a merchant NPC for sale, good gold sink i think?

also, the dungeon, your idea is a good one i think. i made about 150k from 1 run of selling all those crappy accessories to the merchant, but i would much rather have an item that rewards prestige and influence, maybe just right click it like how wedding candy works, you know? and non tradeable? even if its not as much as the quests give.

Well, thing about "putting some stupid Item for sale in cash shop" is the whole freaking point of this new instance and skills and gear. They FINALLY made something that cash shoppers cant just buy their way out of. Tho the item or added quests as a whole is a good idea, putting simply available to cash shoppers is the last thing needed.
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It seems to be an item of the Shroud order. o.o

I would assume it would get added for all Orders, otherwise...Just wow... If they didntb:angry
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Once ur Prestiges reach 580, it will unlock the Order Token quest from the elder.

150 influence for the 80% extra prestige token i believe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Is this a permanent token thing? Or timed? Or does it disappear when you leave your current order?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • EnDeavor - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options
    sadly, it seems we don't have it on pwi. Reached 615 prestige, nothing new, and no new quests / item b:surrender