Jones and O'malley's blessings

Burnout - Harshlands
Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Now that wraith slaying lvls are here, shouldn't the jones blessings be removed or reduced to affect only pve?

From what I understand China balances this game without Jones blessings, and w/ all the free pve attk lvls around now it just seems overkill to have all PWI content be trivialized w/ these blessings.

Also, another reason is that I'm tired of having to deal with all this facebook **** just to get my jones every week just to stay competitive.

In addition it would make pvp more strategic instead of the one-shot fests that usually happen now with R8 vs R8. Not to mention toning down sin's damage so that it becomes harder to insta-kill other players.

PVE is easy enough now with everyone having R9 or morai gears, so do we *really* need jones blessings anymore?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
Post edited by Burnout - Harshlands on

Comments

• maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    People use Morai gears?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I do have to agree.

Doesn't affect me personally, though. I neither use Jones' nor PvP.

Just think it'd make sense. Especially with R9.
    People use Morai gears?

Just met a Seeker today who had 3 pieces of the G12 armors and the G12 weapon. He also had 5.6k life and spent most of his time autoattacking mobs in Metal. And did I mention he took about 12 minutes to get to Warsong?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I do have to agree.

Doesn't affect me personally, though. I neither use Jones' nor PvP.

Just think it'd make sense. Especially with R9.

R9 people will hardly care... they get 63 attack levels just from wearing the full gear. But removing jones from facebook puts the R8 and Nirvana crowd at an even greater disadvantage in PVP than they already are compared to R9 because it widens the gap between R9 and non-R9 even more. 30 att lvls from jones worn by non-R9 at the very least cancels out the default 25 defense levels that come with Rank 9.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    R9 people will hardly care... they get 63 attack levels just from wearing the full gear. But removing jones from facebook puts the R8 and Nirvana crowd at an even greater disadvantage in PVP than they already are compared to R9 because it widens the gap between R9 and non-R9 even more. 30 att lvls from jones worn by non-R9 at the very least cancels out the default 25 defense levels that come with Rank 9.

Of course. No matter what you do, the R9 crowd is and will always be in their own set.

The 30 Attack Levels would however make the non-R9 PvP better.

Though this might rather obviously result in the largest TW faction dominating even more due to the gap widening effect.

Makes me wonder whether this was PWI's plan all along.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Failed logic is fail.

The disparity between Nirvana and R9 is magnified by the blessings, not reduced.

Just saying. :P
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Failed logic is fail.

The better gear that you have the more you'll get out of blessings.

What the **** is that supposed to mean?

Michael, I am disappoint.
    edited February 2012
    What the **** is that supposed to mean?

Michael, I am disappoint.

I just woke up and haven't processed my coffee yet. b:angry
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    I just woke up and haven't processed my coffee yet. b:angry

Process coffee?

What a rookie. The pros take a syringe and the rest is not appropriate for little children.
    edited February 2012
    Process coffee?

What a rookie. The pros take a syringe and the rest is not appropriate for little children.

Fixed just for you. b:angry
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Fixed just for you. b:angry

Yay!

Now life is finally worth living! Time to put down the cutting instruments, stash the pills, unload the guns, untie the rope and get down!

b:cute
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Of course. No matter what you do, the R9 crowd is and will always be in their own set.

The 30 Attack Levels would however make the non-R9 PvP better.

Though this might rather obviously result in the largest TW faction dominating even more due to the gap widening effect.

Makes me wonder whether this was PWI's plan all along.

Well I guess you could argue that jones gives non-R9 wizards/psys even greater one-shot power over non-R9 everything else... but you have to admit that PW did alleviate that issue (somewhat) with the introduction of O'Malleys. Sins... well jones isn't what makes that class OP in 1 vs 1.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If Jones blessing were removed, it would mke 1shots less likely. The inability to be 1shot doubles your lifespan, or triples it, depeding on the situation. Most people don't try to take on full r9s alone on their r8 toon. Making it just a bit harder for a full r9 player to KO one of his r8 assailants makes said r9 a lot more suceptible to getting creamed by decent teamwork.
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This is Blatent Levelism.

If the 100+ people QQ about it, make it only work for players under 100 etc.
    Just some guy
    edited February 2012
    The only reason these are in-game is because PWE wants to spam your facebook account.

These blessings shouldn't even exist.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Failed logic is fail.

The disparity between Nirvana and R9 is magnified by the blessings, not reduced.

Nah the gap is reduced. Imagine the blessing gave like +1000 attack levels instead of +30. There would barely be any difference between R9 and Nirv. The more base attack levels you get from the blessing the less important the +60 attack levels in R9 are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited February 2012
    Nah the gap is reduced. Imagine the blessing gave like +1000 attack levels instead of +30. There would barely be any difference between R9 and Nirv. The more base attack levels you get from the blessing the less important the +60 attack levels in R9 are.

Add 15% survivability or 30% damage to R8, Nirvana and R9. Which will give you the larger boost?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Add 15% survivability or 30% damage to R8, Nirvana and R9. Which will give you the larger boost?

But that's wrong.

Since R9 already has Defense Levels and Attack Levels, the effect of additional Attack or Defense Levels is smaller than it would be if they didn't have any, which is often the case with non-R9.
    edited February 2012
    But that's wrong.

Since R9 already has Defense Levels and Attack Levels, the effect of additional Attack or Defense Levels is smaller than it would be if they didn't have any, which is often the case with non-R9.

Take base stats, ignoring all bonus levels, from R8, Nirvana and R9. Compare them. 30% attack gain for R9 is higher than 30% attack gain from R8. 15% base defense of R9 is higher than 15% base defense of R8.

Add that to your overall defenses.

Where is the diminishing return?

b:chuckle

I understand what you guys are saying, but with the way the game plays, you're not adding 1000% to both, you're adding much smaller increments that don't negate the differences at this level.

In reality it's actually worse. As both of you are sin and archer, you're more likely to take the Jones blessing. I'm more likely to take the O'Malley. Who gains more from the blessing?
  • hardtobanned
    hardtobanned Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Take base stats, ignoring all bonus levels, from R8, Nirvana and R9. Compare them. 30% attack gain for R9 is higher than 30% attack gain from R8. 15% base defense of R9 is higher than 15% base defense of R8.

Add that to your overall defenses.

Where is the diminishing return?

b:chuckle

I understand what you guys are saying, but with the way the game plays, you're not adding 1000% to both, you're adding much smaller increments that don't negate the differences at this level.

In reality it's actually worse. As both of you are sin and archer, you're more likely to take the Jones blessing. I'm more likely to take the O'Malley. Who gains more from the blessing?
    I thought defense levels were just straight 1% per level not affected by stats? You can use both blessings and switch when you need defense or attack, if you do that both of you get the same amount out of blessings. O'mally til stun then switch to jones for damage.
    banned three x2 drop's in a row b:surrender
    edited February 2012
    I thought defense levels were just straight 1% per level not affected by stats? You can use both blessings and switch when you need defense or attack, if you do that both of you get the same amount out of blessings. O'mally til stun then switch to jones for damage.

1% of nothing is nothing. 1% of something is something. 1% of something more is something more.

I could be completely wrong. /shrug
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    1% of nothing is nothing. 1% of something is something. 1% of something more is something more.

I could be completely wrong. /shrug

True, but a 1% increase is insignificant comared to a 30% increase, hence dimensioning returns, the more you have the more it takes to show a difference
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited February 2012
    True, but a 1% increase is insignificant comared to a 30% increase, hence dimensioning returns, the more you have the more it takes to show a difference

Yes, but we're talking about specifics. R9 chars do a lot more damage than R8 chars. Attack and defense levels are added to the end of calculations, I thought? This makes R9 a lot more OP and more easily one or two shot characters with lesser gear. Those chars with lesser gear won't get as much bonus from that same 30%.

Compare a 5aps sin to a 5aps BM. Does the Jones blessing really make BM comparable to Sin in damage? I would assume that it exaggerates this difference greatly.

Like I said, I'm lazy and won't do the math.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:angry I'm lazy and won't do the math either

WTB a smart person to do the math for us b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Attack and defense levels are added to the end of calculations, I thought?

I recall the Archers figuring out quite some time ago that attack and defense levels are dealt with before the "proper" damage resolution, which just makes the point of diminishing returns lower in the end.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
    edited February 2012
    I recall the Archers figuring out quite some time ago that attack and defense levels are dealt with before the "proper" damage resolution, which just makes the point of diminishing returns lower in the end.

So then there are diminishing returns in adding attack or defense.

b:laugh
    edited February 2012
    Still waiting for an explanation how the Jones blessing narrows the gap between Nirvana, Rank 8 and Rank 9 users if adding defense or attack isn't a diminishing return.

b:pleased