I need suggestions

wampireneko
wampireneko Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
So yeah I'm old PWI player who recently made a comeback..
There is this new expansion and all.

I was thinking what class I should start to play as my main. I have stuff from my old characters left (for example full lvl 70 HA and AA armors and few weapons, stuff to assassin until lvl 50 etc.)

What I want from my character?
1. Able to survive (= a class or a build for a class so it survives alone from its quests)
2. Needed in dungeons (Yes, I want to get endgame squads) OR able to solo/duo endgame stuff
3. Not really expensive (I don't do cash shop as long as possible)
4. "Interesting" class
5. It can be difficult to handle; I won't mind.
6. It can be a PK badass but not necessary
7. Class able to farm stuff well
8. Class which is able to help others too

And yes you can suggest a class, a build for a certain class..

Now I can tell I've enjoyed playing barbs, clerics, venos, psys, sins..
I don't know much about seekers, mystics, archers, blademasters, wizzies.

You can ask more questions to help me better^^
Thank you
Post edited by wampireneko on

Comments

• Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I suggest making a BM.
    Its not too expensive to make it farm well, they are loved in instances for dragons.
    Not as much damage as sins endgame but can put out real good damage PvE wise.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2012

What I want from my character?
    1. Able to survive (= a class or a build for a class so it survives alone from its quests)
    2. Needed in dungeons (Yes, I want to get endgame squads) OR able to solo/duo endgame stuff
    3. Not really expensive (I don't do cash shop as long as possible)
    4. "Interesting" class
    5. It can be difficult to handle; I won't mind.
    6. It can be a PK badass but not necessary
    7. Class able to farm stuff well
    8. Class which is able to help others too

1. Melee Classes - BMs/Seekers have good survival in the open world, especially if they can get Bloodpaint from a Sin. They've also got lots of AoE power to help waste large groups if your targets are physical. Sins are a bit squishier at lower levels and arent as good at AoEing, but they get better over time and eventually become the "most efficient" class to solo with. Archers are similar, but have range with their high crit-rates, so they're often able to kill mobs before they reach them.

1b Casters - Veno/Mystics are able to have their pets/summons aid them to kill easier, with the latter being able to heal themselves quickly if they need to. However, Mystics tend to use a lot more MP in general than Venos do (especially in parties)

Wizards/Psychics can usually kill regular mobs before they touch them due to their high damage + range (and knockbacks if necessary). Psychics have smaller AoE range on their skills, but faster channeling, while Wizards have higher DPH and greater AoE range.

2. Melee: BMs, Barbs, and Sins are probably the most highly desired of the Melee classes for multiple reasons. The former for AoE Stun+Heavens Flame (among their other traits), the other as a puller/tank who can hold aggro on a large group of mobs, and the latter as the strongest single target DD for boss fights. Seekers are usually substitutes for Barbs in regards to pulling, but their strong AoEs make them pretty useful for FF and Rebirth as well.

Sins and BMs tend to be the best classes for solo/duo farming, with high APS Barbs/Archers not being too far behind

2b Casters: Clerics/Mystics are almost always needed in a party for healing. Wizards/Psychics are good for AoE instances, Venomancers are useful for debuffing bosses and supporting the squad with Bramble's reflect, Chi passing, and Amp/Purge.

3. Hard to say. Out of the melee classes, Archers arent quite as expensive as the others with BMs/Barbs not being too far behind either, while Venos are likely the "cheapest" of the caster classes.

4. Define interesting. If you mean a dynamic class that requires you to be flexible, I'd say BM/Mystic/Psychic.

5. Depends on your own ability to play the class, but I'd probably still go with Mystic/Psychic in terms of casters. I cant speak of the other Melee classes though, since some have it easier in PvE than they do in PvP and one has it easy in both >_>

6. Melee: Sins/Archers
    6b Casters: Wizard/Psychics

7. :See 2/2b:

8. :See 2/2b:

The builds for any of the classes mentioned can be found in their respective sub-forums in stickied topics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Play archer XD ive been playing years and my Archer is the only char that ive been able to stick to the whole way through. I have countless alts and i find nothing quite as fun.

They can be beasty in PVP

They survive in quests you can keep mobs at arms reach quite effectively, they have stuns and the high crit rate means that they can kill mobs before they get to you. When things get up close archers can be squishy depending on your gear but that just makes for fun times imo

I would say if you willing to put some money in go pure dex 5aps so you can solo things like FF (bit more of a challenge for an archer than a sin but thats what i like about it) , you wont have any problem finding a nirvana squad and its cheaper than most chars by far to 5aps an archer with fists

Saying that you can be a great archer without acheiving 5aps in particular pvp its not essential so if money is an issue///

New skills are making for some interesting dynamics in pvp TW and such (no matter what people say about the stealth thing being pvp have you seen some of the skills other classes get? lots of skills pulling chars in to them the stealth should balance that out)

Unlike Assasins, there arent too many archers. a R8 archer can get into facs just as easy as a 9aps archer R9 is a luxury rather than an essential.

they are an original class thats still used and still evolving.

I find new things to do with my archer all the time and i wouldn't recommend another class above them really having tried them all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    id tell you to make a seeker.

but everyone thinks i suck and everyone hates seekers.

but i can solo up to bh89
    and i help people everyday

dont even get me started on pvp
    but that all depends on your build
    Objective: Complete
  • S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    S_Swipe - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    id tell you to make a seeker.

but everyone thinks i suck and everyone hates seekers.

but i can solo up to bh89
    and i help people everyday

dont even get me started on pvp
    but that all depends on your build

Yes, thats why i saw you on WC offering coins for help today right? Again your awesome unmatchable level "95 seeker" should be able to handle any thing!
  • wampireneko
    wampireneko Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I think I should try archer, psychic and barbarian or blademaster.. Mhhm..

What comes to BM/Barb.. Are barbs still wanted? And what kind of build would make my barb be most flexible? Just hybrid? Or should I use the original tank, str or dex build?
    And BMs.. If I make a BM, I'd like to do one who can use both axes and fists. Is this workable in endgame? Are BMs too common?

And when I have this trio (archer, barb/bm and psychic) which of them I should level up first? I mean.. Which is probably fastest/cheapiest to get up?