Magic Weapons

Kaiyal - Sanctuary
Kaiyal - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
i believe there should be abilities on magical weps like physical ones. nothing as intense and a sacrificial strike of course because of the psychics high attack and magic never miss. but other boosts,like just a chance of getting a slight amp of some kind like the ones that have a chance to increase your attack

or perhaps one that has a chance to cut the mana cost of skills. nothing dramatic or overpowered. just things that would help put us on a closer level as physical classes who can combo crit with sac strike to hit such high amounts of damage in a single hit.

maybe even something more creative,i dont expect it to happen,its just something ive noticed that would be fun to play with.
Mystics...we're here to save all your butts from the end of the world...yeah,i think that sums it up pretty wellb:chuckle

Comments

• Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It does exist but only on r8 recast
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    There have been times where I've ended up stealing aggro from 5 APS squads (a stream of magic crits hurt a lot when you have accelerated channeling). I'm not sure we need this... I think what we really need is for > 3.33 APS to "fit in better". We saw a first attempt at this, hopefully we'll see more.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    A weapon with a chance to reduce Mana usage? Sounds like a nice idea...

Also, while Melee classes can get some high spikes with Zerk+Criticals, they have to get to their target first, and neither of the two damage modifiers are guaranteed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Kaiyal - Sanctuary
    Kaiyal - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    There have been times where I've ended up stealing aggro from 5 APS squads (a stream of magic crits hurt a lot when you have accelerated channeling). I'm not sure we need this... I think what we really need is for > 3.33 APS to "fit in better". We saw a first attempt at this, hopefully we'll see more.

true,but in all honesty,on average with a magic class i only hit a crit once or twice every 20 hours of play time. naturally my crit rate is only 1% which is understandable given the never miss,but unless your willing to sacrifice alot in which gears you choose to get a higher crit rate theres not much help for classes like a mystic whos only real help with crit rate is another players skill or a 20 sec buff from our devil. and im sure other classes have had variations of these,expecially if your going after a certain armor at hight lvl that is powerful and very good,but doesnt have crit rates on it
    Mystics...we're here to save all your butts from the end of the world...yeah,i think that sums it up pretty wellb:chuckle