Descent Patcher Ungodly Slower Than Genesis Patcher

Xizin - Sanctuary
Xizin - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Support Desk
I started PWI and let it update patcher on my desktop and didn't let it auto patch from online since manual patch is much faster. I downloaded manual patch and ran it. I also connected my laptop to my desktop through my router so that I could run patch off it without downloading a second copy. I double clicked on patch to run it and since I didn't update patcher on laptop yet, it still had genesis patcher on it. To my surprise the Genesis Patcher patched all files over a LAN connection atleast 50-100 times faster than the Descent Patcher on my desktop. And before you all start saying its because of slower computer or not enough RAM or **** like that. My desktop is far newer and way faster and powerful with 3 times the RAM of my laptop. So its not hardware related. I don't know what they messed up but whatever it was, they need to fix it. A previous version working atleast 50 times better is not acceptable in my book.
Post edited by Xizin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• tiffaniee2k11
    tiffaniee2k11 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i had the game already & it updated perfectly fine , but all of a sudden it uninstalled itself & i'm wondering why . i downloaded that directx 9.0 thing still nothing , i manually download it but it wont work without winzip or something like that now i downloaded the regular way & it said error now how the **** do i install the game ? i did everything it said to do & i'm getting pissed off i was waiting til the 15th its been 2 days now that i didn't play . & no one is helping me soo can someone HELP WITH THIS **** PLEASE