How is the new skill?

Options
Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Blademaster
Hey Fellow Blademaster just wanted to know from the ppl already in game playing how is the new skills?
To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
Team work is Flawless,
To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
Post edited by Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sword Cyclone is pretty cool. Unlike Seeker vortex, you can move during it. No skill use during it, but you can hit Cloud Sprint and Marrow before activating it, then zoom around and scoop up enemies. The only bad thing is that the hits only occur every 3 seconds, so you can run through an enemy and not hit it.

5 minute cooldown though. b:cry
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It essentially sucks....it barely puts a scratch on anything,doesn't utilize bloodpaint, is very short lasting, only hits a coulple times, has a 5 min cool down.....well, it does atleast look cool.
  • SweetyGal - Lost City
    SweetyGal - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    where did you guys get the new skills? only checked so far in Archosaur, but I guess it is in Hell and Heaven where we can find this? b:surrender
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sounds like it would be neat to use in TW during a rush...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • izangi
    izangi Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I was just curious about something, if you join an order, can you only get the skills of that specific order? Or Can you you get them all?

And also on a side note, in your opinion what Order should a Bm choose?

Thanks in Advance :)

Kan
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's an ok 1spark antistun. It would be a decent dd skill if it zerked but it doesn't.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sounds like it would be neat to use in TW during a rush...

This.

Im thinking TW: Telestun in, Roar, HF, Sword Cyclone, GTFO. And if you live, post link to troll face. Kinda a diff option than running in, Roar, HF, AD, and Highland/Fissure.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Chikers - Sanctuary
    Chikers - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hits thru IG and AD

nuff said b:laugh

I really don't know if that is on purpose or not, tried dmg testing on 1k mob and appears to not even take damage xD

but yes I was thinking the same type tactic of running in with cyclone or escaping with cyclone. Doesn't do a **** load of damage unless you have really great soulforce but the situational effect is nice. Like a will of bod while dealing dmg as well b:pleased
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hits thru IG and AD

Wait seriously? FOMG. Did you just see this/test this once? I'm hoping its not a fluke?
  • Grandisfanum - Sanctuary
    Grandisfanum - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This.

Im thinking TW: Telestun in, Roar, HF, Cloud Erruption,Sword Cyclone, GTFO. And if you live, post link to troll face.

fixed it for you

I hope you know that Sword Cyclone needs 3 spark :P
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    fixed it for you

Yup, I just kinda assume everyone is spamming CE/CS and Spark Pots in TW...
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    IDK SC looks awsome to me lol

i notice i hit pretty good PVE wise. i tried it in duelin but Damage dont show in damage log in dueling but was decent but yeah takes 3 sparks but when it was over i had 3 sparks again.

if it hit thru ad and ig thats nice. I used it in nirvy vamp boss.. killed foxes with np. when the aoe was over i was able to drop HF
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hits thru IG and AD

I really don't know if that is on purpose or not, tried dmg testing on 1k mob and appears to not even take damage xD

but yes I was thinking the same type tactic of running in with cyclone or escaping with cyclone. Doesn't do a **** load of damage unless you have really great soulforce but the situational effect is nice. Like a will of bod while dealing dmg as well b:pleased

Does it also not appear in dmg log? A BM used it on me today and I don't think it did. If so, then it's probably like absorb soul which means it does full dmg air to ground, ignores attack and defense lvls and damage reductions buffs like invoke, and doesn't break sleep among other things. These are also traits noticed in edged blur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This.

Im thinking TW: Telestun in, Roar, HF, Sword Cyclone, GTFO. And if you live, post link to troll face. Kinda a diff option than running in, Roar, HF, AD, and Highland/Fissure.
    fixed it for you

That's such a waste of chi in one push... b:shutup
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    That's such a waste of chi in one push... b:shutup

Well given 1/5th of my pushes are suicide bombs, that chi is going to hell anyways. I find it faster to suicide bomb for the wizzies/psys to pave the road than run back or sit and wait for my squad to rebuff and head back up B.

3/5ths of the time it's being a target and surviving while nailing as many people as I can. (Of note: Wearing your R9 in full makes you a better target than fashion)

1/5th of the time I'm killing the lolsins (1-2 hit wonders), and keeping random people off our casters.
  • JuFranz - Raging Tide
    JuFranz - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Blade Tornado - Unavailable for now

Mana 495
    Channel 0.4 seconds
    Cast 1.7 seconds
    Cooldown 300.0 seconds
    Weapon Melee weapons, Unarmed

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Vacuity

Create a whirling tempest of fiery rage, inflicting
    physical damage to all enemies within 10 meters
    every 3 seconds. Lasts for 12 seconds.
    Damage is equal to 200% of weapon damage.
    Reduces enemy movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds.
    Immune to any control debuffs while in this state, but
    cannot use skills, genie skills or other attacks.
    Additional physical damage between 5000 and 11000,
    depending on player's Soulforce.

Recharges 2 Sparks over the 12 second duration.

Requires 3 Sparks to cast.

Sword Cyclone - Gained from Order of Corona (Cheap and Tradeable)

Mana 392
    Channel 0.4 seconds
    Cast 1.7 seconds
    Cooldown 300.0 seconds
    Weapon Melee weapons, Unarmed

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Vacuity

Create a whirling tempest of fiery rage, inflicting
    physical damage to all enemies within 10 meters
    every 3 seconds. Lasts for 12 seconds.
    Damage is equal to 200% of weapon damage plus
    2500 to 6500 physical damage, depending on Soulforce.
    Immune to any control debuffs while in this state, but
    cannot use skills, genie skills, or other attacks.

Recharges 2 Sparks over the 12 second duration.

Requires 3 Sparks to cast.

As taken from Asterelle's thread, I believe that SC do little damage as it is meant for level 80.

The other skill similar to SC that i believe will do more damage is BT which is unfortunately not available at the moment.
    Previously: Level 100 BM and I still enjoy farming to upgrade my gears b:victory

Now: At 101 still continue farming b:shutup
  • blood91zg
    blood91zg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In my opinion SC is pretty useless atm... well better said it sucks. The damage is too low & slow SS/GoF doesn't proc on the skill. The damage depends on Soulforce (higher refines on equipment higher Soulforce/damage) and slaying lvl (which i doubt that any bm wulld drope ther GX, 2nd Nirvi and r9 axes for more damage with new axes/sword on this skill).
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Im about to buy Blade Tornado. Its not the best skill ever, i know. But i like the fact that if i spark + Sword Cyclone while taking out a group of mobs, i can go make a post on the forum and come back and have 2 sparks. b:laugh
    Only thing that didnt drop 100% was a 109 FB69 looking hell mob. Increased life, maybe i missed, idk.

It depends on server, rarity, economy and what not. But lets compare the cost of Blade Tornado to demon Heavens Flame. Is it going to be cheaper? D:
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    necro.
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    necro.
    dead girls dont say no...
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Options
    necro.
    Necro is a new forum term?
    Nothing wrong with kicking an old thread by making a valid post.

If there is something wrong with that, auto-lock every thread after a month.
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Ok, i got the skill. The stats compared to Sword Cyclone are nice.

-450% weapon damage compared to 200%
    -Deals 5000-11000 additional damage depending on soulforce* compared to 2500-6500
    -Cooldown is 180 seconds compared to 300 seconds

-Mana cost is 495, but since the damage is so much higher, its not that much more compared to Sword Cyclone's 392

-Blade Tornado also reduces enemy movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds

I have yet to test this skill, because buying it left me with not enough coin to learn it. That would be 5 million coins btw.

*If im correct, the higher you total refine's, the more soulforce you have.
  • morridune
    morridune Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

*If im correct, the higher you total refine's, the more soulforce you have.

Yes also the lvl of your gear plays apart, this is one of the main frustrations with new skills, there all very refine/high lvl gear dependant yet have epic CD comparably to other classes or are extremely circumstantial. As much as I like the look and feel of these skills BM's already have plenty of "fuff" skills to use for more entertainment that practicality. Why does reckless rush take 1 second to activate half the time in pve the mob take 1 step away and it cancels, why does sword cyclone/blade tornado hit every 3s thats enough time for ppl to run past u 2x w/o taking a hit surely 2s intervals wouldnt unbalance a skill thats only going to be doing decent damage once players have weapons that hit super hard anyway?

All in all im happy that PWI is been developed and its nice to see an attempt ( token or otherwise) is been made to move game play away from 3spark auto aps. But come on BM already has 3 non aps weapon based chains of skills 2 of which certainly need to be updated, and perhaps another self buff that improves defence value's from gear so we live longer to support our squads. Their a business (PWE) it makes sense to fix these skills and bring out r9 weapons to use em with to get more players staying on their BM and spending on them- okies rant of the day over lol and gz on getting it
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    dead girls dont say no...

Lol, and you don't need to pay child support on dead children either.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    morridune wrote: »
    why does sword cyclone/blade tornado hit every 3s thats enough time for ppl to run past u 2x w/o taking a hit

3 seconds is the tick interval for (almost?) every other constant-channel AoE in the game. Wizards' DB, seekers' vortex, I think even archers' barrage all tick every 3 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • morridune
    morridune Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    3 seconds is the tick interval for (almost?) every other constant-channel AoE in the game. Wizards' DB, seekers' vortex, I think even archers' barrage all tick every 3 seconds.

wizards DB etc damage depends on how much you have lvl'd not how many refines u can afford after working to get the book in 1st place and pay to learn + it doesn't req 3 sparks doesn't have 5min CD and you can still be healed/use genie/use pots is more the point with that