Luminance Order: New skills

Options
AsimM - Raging Tide
AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Wizard
So I recently joined the Luminance order, since it's the only one that has the new skills that don't wanna **** your influence points. The two skills are: Spatial Reversion and Life Reversion. They cost 8 and 7 influence respectively, and 50K coins each. They were 250K sprit and coins to learn both. I tried it on a seeker friend, and it didn't seem to work, but maybe I'm just unlucky. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong. So my question is....what are your experiences with these new skills, fellow wizards? b:chuckle
"I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
Post edited by AsimM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    From what i can tell, we are all still downloading . . . . b:sadb:sad
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I thought those skills could only be used outside sz, were you dueling in a town?
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have and have used both successfully. The soulforce is important in relation to your target. I.E if you both have 15k it'll be around average chance, if you fight a +12 Psy you can expect it to be bottom chance if you have 15k SF versus their 25k+.

Spatial works only outside of SZ and only on World, it would never succeed in Morai at all nor in SZ. (I have yet to try Lothranis / Momaganon and the past maps, so feel free to correct me).

It sppears to be an effective skill, being usable to prevent chase or to prevent an opponent kiting. Had one funny moment where myself and another wizard cast it on each other and both got pulled back to our starting positions only seconds later.

Life is a tricky ****. Evidently its primary use would be directly before your opponents charm ticks, use the 6 seconds to undine and initialise whatever killing combo and watch their tick get completely wasted and lay them into the floor.

However it will also work the wrong way around. A couple of times I've cast it just after a charm tick due to poor timing, dropped a nuke and watchd their health restore at my expense giving them extra time to cooldown their charm.

~The issues of learning how to use them aside, they're definitely fun and worth the effort to learn. I'm staying in Luminence for Ice Prison so I'll report on that as soon as I am able to claim the skill :D
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have and have used both successfully. The soulforce is important in relation to your target. I.E if you both have 15k it'll be around average chance, if you fight a +12 Psy you can expect it to be bottom chance if you have 15k SF versus their 25k+.

Spatial works only outside of SZ and only on World, it would never succeed in Morai at all nor in SZ. (I have yet to try Lothranis / Momaganon and the past maps, so feel free to correct me).

It sppears to be an effective skill, being usable to prevent chase or to prevent an opponent kiting. Had one funny moment where myself and another wizard cast it on each other and both got pulled back to our starting positions only seconds later.

Life is a tricky ****. Evidently its primary use would be directly before your opponents charm ticks, use the 6 seconds to undine and initialise whatever killing combo and watch their tick get completely wasted and lay them into the floor.

However it will also work the wrong way around. A couple of times I've cast it just after a charm tick due to poor timing, dropped a nuke and watchd their health restore at my expense giving them extra time to cooldown their charm.

~The issues of learning how to use them aside, they're definitely fun and worth the effort to learn. I'm staying in Luminence for Ice Prison so I'll report on that as soon as I am able to claim the skill :D

That makes sense. I was so eager to use them, I dueled my seeker friend in Morai. b:laugh

And thanks for the info. I'm staying in Luminance for Ice Prison too. b:pleased
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
    edited February 2012
    Options
    That makes sense. I was so eager to use them, I dueled my seeker friend in Morai. b:laugh

And thanks for the info. I'm staying in Luminance for Ice Prison too. b:pleased

No problem, I like helping when I can.

As for Ice Prison, if you look it up in the database in-game, you'll find it has no cast range.... Much like a certain seeker skill, and unlike for example Dragons Breath.

I'm somewhat hopeful we won't need a target to lay this bomb down and hurt any local Sins with great ease :D (Seriously, 12 metres Range is massive, it'l be like being in the centre of a BIDS storm o_O).

~Ninja edit, it's also listed as 3m Spirit, 3m Coin to learn. So be ready to start stacking up the spirit.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • TJTLegend - Archosaur
    TJTLegend - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Use it in a world map e.g western outskirts. i tryed mine and it worked lol it reset the persons position i was fightingb:laugh really useful.
    Also the other reset hp skill worked for me too, but it doesnt work all the time for me due to my low refines lol. I didnt use it in pk though it was a duel, so i havent tryed to do a charm bypass since charms dont work in duels.

Im also staying in luminance to get the rest of my luminanace skills since im in no rush to learn all my new skills.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

That was funny <3
    and thanks again for getting me the skill

I do hope Ice world doesn't need a target, downside its a 2 spark skill so its use is limited Q_Q

But I'm in Shroud so I'm getting Arcane....something, I'll join Lumi after that :P and tell you all bout how awesome the autoblink is b:cute
    I <3 A lot of people
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ice world is going to need a target. I would be terribly surprised if it didn't.

As for the other two, I can see me using them on every barb every time in tw.

*Barb holy paths into your base - bloop - he's now back out. And all your dd can target his cleric still in the base, lol.

*Nuking a barb and see his charm tick? Wait for his hp to get down to 10% again Use skill. If you kill him, great, if a charm tick saves him - bloop - you will have him down to 10% again and his charm will be almost completely on cooldown.

In pk, yea, the hp reversion is kinda tough. Time it wrong and you give him an extra charm tick potentially. But that spacial reversion is kinda sexy. Use it, drop off flyer, he drops too to chase you - bloop - his back at 70m.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Oh the 3mil sprit won't even be a problem due to the new questline. I had 0 sprit and the questline got it to like 5.5mil. b:laugh

On the other hand, I'm rather poor so I might need to be a jew now. :3

- Drew Flowers
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm in shroud but my mystic is in Luminance so I have the HP/position reset skills. :3
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ice world is going to need a target. I would be terribly surprised if it didn't.

As for the other two, I can see me using them on every barb every time in tw.

*Barb holy paths into your base - bloop - he's now back out. And all your dd can target his cleric still in the base, lol.

*Nuking a barb and see his charm tick? Wait for his hp to get down to 10% again Use skill. If you kill him, great, if a charm tick saves him - bloop - you will have him down to 10% again and his charm will be almost completely on cooldown.

In pk, yea, the hp reversion is kinda tough. Time it wrong and you give him an extra charm tick potentially. But that spacial reversion is kinda sexy. Use it, drop off flyer, he drops too to chase you - bloop - his back at 70m.

The same as Edged Blur, Ice Prison lists no casting range, just the Area of Effect range, unliike say Dragons Breath and BoA do.

I'd be considerably more surprised if it DID require a target. It's precisely the sort of thing we need.
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Can the hp reset skill used positively like u cast it on ur cata barb n if he is about to die in next 6 six seconds his hp will b reverted bac to full?
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Can the hp reset skill used positively like u cast it on ur cata barb n if he is about to die in next 6 six seconds his hp will b reverted bac to full?

It cannot be used on squad members. One of the first things I tried lol :P (I assume nonsquaded friendlies are also immune)
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    cant use it on ppl 5 lvls higher than me

QQQ damn you high lvls!!!!

wai. my soulforce sucks, wtb dragon orbs

random fact: you can pk in rat mode lol
    i like potato
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It cannot be used on squad members. One of the first things I tried lol :P (I assume nonsquaded friendlies are also immune)

That's incorrect. If, let's say, you cast it on a friendly nonsquaded member and it succeeds at full hp, he/she will have full HP 6 seconds into the fight. I tried it with a friend. He started freaking out. b:laugh

- Drew Flowers
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options

random fact: you can pk in rat mode lol

I know what I'm doing today. b:chuckle

- Drew Flowers
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    On another random sidenote, I just leveled up to 101 yesterday and it's not showing on the forums. b:cry

- Drew Flowers
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The same as Edged Blur, Ice Prison lists no casting range, just the Area of Effect range, unliike say Dragons Breath and BoA do.

I'd be considerably more surprised if it DID require a target. It's precisely the sort of thing we need.

Oh, I do HOPE it doesn't need a target, but after 3 years of never seeing anything so sexy come the wizard's way, I am a glass half empty kinda wiz at this point.
    edited February 2012
    Options

I hope not. I am sure you can use it on anyone you can attack - use it through faction protection or use it on faction member inside of TW? I guess we will have to wait and see for certain. If so, this game is going to have alot of weirdness going on.

Anyone try to cast it on youself?
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    [QUOTE=BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur;16156761

Anyone try to cast it on youself?[/QUOTE]

Of course I did, you think I would be on forums atm and NOT pk'ing if I could? b:laugh

On another note, you CAN mark someone at full HP and it'll return there after 6 seconds. I've tried that too.

- Drew Flowers
    edited February 2012
    Options
    That's incorrect. If, let's say, you cast it on a friendly nonsquaded member and it succeeds at full hp, he/she will have full HP 6 seconds into the fight. I tried it with a friend. He started freaking out. b:laugh

Did you try this in a zone where you would not normally be able to hold ctrl and attack him? It may be that the debuff simply evades PvP protections at the moment, much like Shadow Teleport sort of does. (It can be used on friendlies in safezone, but will not hit them with the stun. Will pop out sins however.).

Only place I can think of is TW to actually test this and it's not really a place to be experimenting in since your opponent isn't gonna "wait to let me test this skill".

Any other instances that work like that? I really cannot think of any D:

@BLOODMYSTIC

Evidence is pointing towards me being correct, but I understand your skepticism so we shall just have to wait and see. :)
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I actually have both those skills on this character but haven't got to testing them yet :( anyone know if they're useful...or kind of meh...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @ John: The skill descriptions clearly state that the new skills only work on players, outside safe zones, and outside in the world (not in instances) so those are the only places I actually try to use them.

I.e: I never try to use them when pk'ing @ SP.

@ Previous post: Yes, they're worth it if you know how to use them. And if you have decent amount of SF. (About ~15.5K or more)

- Drew Flowers
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @ John: The skill descriptions clearly state that the new skills only work on players, outside safe zones, and outside in the world (not in instances) so those are the only places I actually try to use them.

@ Previous post: Yes, they're worth it if you know how to use them. And if you have decent amount of SF. (About ~15.5K or more)

I'm sitting at 13k at the moment on this wiz, once I hit 95 I should get around 15.5k.

Maybe I'll start testing themb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
    edited February 2012
    Options

Life reversion only states it will work only on players. It works in Lothranis and Morai for sure, I've used it in both. TW will not let you curse an ally, even out of squad. I cannot cast it on members of my own faction within Safezone either, whilst I can revive, buff and heal them in safezone without issue.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    15K SF is decent? With my 18k SF I still fail quite often on average R8 targets with +5 ish gear.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    15K SF is decent? With my 18k SF I still fail quite often on average R8 targets with +5 ish gear.

Maybe not decent, but definitely average. With a +7 helm, +4/5 other gears including weapon my wizard is at 14.7k or so at level 98.

Gotta remember it's only in relation to your target so it ain't gonna work as well on R9s as it does on people in +3 TT90.
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Oh yeah it doesn't work in TW ofcourse. I was talking about good ol' fashion PK.

And yes, 15.5K is pretty decent Soulforce. I proc my new skills a lot on people of my level.

- Drew Flowers
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Oh yeah it doesn't work in TW ofcourse. I was talking about good ol' fashion PK.

And yes, 15.5K is pretty decent Soulforce. I proc my new skills a lot on people of my level.

Ah, then we already knew :< Technically it's a legit use I guess, but I personally viw it as bad that it can raise their hp on an enemy if you mis-time it.
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In duels it's absolutely perfect, it makes people go "WTF." In pk it's a bit different due to charms. Any class except for barb can easily be charmticked (assuming equal gear) and go past 50% HP again, so it's worth trying to pop a Life Reversion on them to get another auto-charm tick without any effort.

- Drew Flowers
This discussion has been closed.