New Genesis Problem

Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver
Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Support Desk
Ok So I have been out for about 4 Days Did the last patch from last week and No Issues logging in.

I Do the patch for this Week and It went along Smoothly then suddenly I get this Message:

The procedure Entry point GetStrValueIniFile could not be Located in the dynamic Link Library PackDLL.dll.

Thats the exact Wording of the message I get and then I Click Cancel and I am unable to Log or even get the Screen For the game at all. I have even gone to a Earlier patch to this one and got the same error message.

WTF is Going on here and How do I fix the dang thing?
Post edited by Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    Llewelyn - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Same problem here, can't even open the patcher coz this error keeps popping up.
  • Mystik_Kiss - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    I have even downloaded the DirectX that you have updated to and Still not working.
  • kennyksm22
    kennyksm22 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Same here D:
  • Picokara - Raging Tide
    Picokara - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    same happens to me... i keep getting the error and i took a screenie and uploaded it so u can see... http://i44.tinypic.com/f74zs.jpg =/
    edited February 2012
    Glad I am not the only one loosing my mind on this.

Just hope they don't say.... Uninstall and reinstall the game.
  • Picokara - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    I got the manual patch too... but i can't launch it because of this error...
    edited February 2012
    I got the manual patch too... but i can't launch it because of this error...

Guess we will just have to wait and see what is said. Nothing else to do sad thing is there is a 2x Event on right nowb:angryb:cryb:surrender
  • Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Bump.
    edited February 2012
    Bump for fun
  • Picokara - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    So, any1 figured out how to fix it yet? b:surrender
  • Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    No.
    10 chars
  • oceanbells
    oceanbells Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Is this new patch/update working for -anyone-....? XD
  • linkism
    linkism Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Re-downloading ftw!! Gotta love PWE for never getting anything right the first time.
  • tiencha24
    tiencha24 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i can't get to the game cuz it can't finish the update...
  • Shyndrana - Heavens Tear
    Shyndrana - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm getting the same problem. Damn it all. I don't want to redownload. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG.

They could at least tell us they don't know the solution to it yet instead of making us read pages of **** we don't need to read.

patchererrormessage.png
  • gatecrasher
    gatecrasher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    got same problem just says unable to enter game even uninstalled and installed again and still not working
  • nightlegando
    nightlegando Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    unfortunatly you will have to uninstall and reinstall sorry had that problem already just now redownloading
    edited February 2012
    nightlegando I see that gatecrasher has unistalled and reinstalled the game and he said that didn't work for him.

So Anyone else have any Ideas on what to do?

After reading a few dozen other threads it seems this patch/update is effing with everyone and only a select few are getting into the game to enjoy the 2x event. I know this may sound harsh but damn it come on PWI What the ELL is up with this damn BS????

Forgive me but this is frustrating as ELL normally I am Calm about things like this but lately it seems the more they Update the worse things get.
    edited February 2012
    Ok ok I read the Post on the dll Updater and I reinstalled the DirectX 9, restarted my Computer as they stated in the post.... The SAME ERROR Message appears.

The Solution they suggested does not work. I am Running Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. Come on I want to Play the game before the 2x runs out
    edited February 2012
    bump
    10 Char
  • Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Here is what I did:
    - uninstalled pwi (since the patcher got corrupted I assumed there was no way to fix it without uninstall)
    - redownloaded the client from the pwi web page + downloaded manual patches (whole night)
    - reinstalled new client and patched it manually, patched successfully (this does not cover patcher update though), got 9x bla bla dll error at start up
    - installed the DirectX9.0c (in spite of having 11 version) from one of the links in the http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1295981 thread
    a) first attempt ended up in error so i manually copied the missing dll - this allowed me to log into the game but I couldn't see any characters or npcs
    b) 2nd attempt was successful, I can see the characters and npcs now.

At the end I made a manual system restore point and only then allowed the patcher to upgrade since I was worried it might end up with the same error as I had at the beginning, but fortunately it did not.

Let's hope there's no more problems incoming, at the moment I can play pwi.
    edited February 2012
    Here is what I did:
    - uninstalled pwi (since the patcher got corrupted I assumed there was no way to fix it without uninstall)
    - redownloaded the client from the pwi web page + downloaded manual patches (whole night)
    - reinstalled new client and patched it manually, patched successfully (this does not cover patcher update though), got 9x bla bla dll error at start up
    - installed the DirectX9.0c (in spite of having 11 version) from one of the links in the http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1295981 thread
    a) first attempt ended up in error so i manually copied the missing dll - this allowed me to log into the game but I couldn't see any characters or npcs
    b) 2nd attempt was successful, I can see the characters and npcs now.

At the end I made a manual system restore point and only then allowed the patcher to upgrade since I was worried it might end up with the same error as I had at the beginning, but fortunately it did not.

Let's hope there's no more problems incoming, at the moment I can play pwi.

I have tried all of that except the Uninstall and reinstall. I think that is BS We should not have to uninstall and reinstall the game from a Update/patch. I had to do that 5 patches ago and now I have to do it again??? Nvm I'll shut up and not say what is really going thru my Mind except what started as a decent game 3 years ago is now really turning out to be so decent. I wish PWI Would Do something right for once.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    I have tried all of that except the Uninstall and reinstall. I think that is BS We should not have to uninstall and reinstall the game from a Update/patch. I had to do that 5 patches ago and now I have to do it again??? Nvm I'll shut up and not say what is really going thru my Mind except what started as a decent game 3 years ago is now really turning out to be so decent. I wish PWI Would Do something right for once.

Most people don't have to go through all this.

Unfortunately, something is screwed up on your systems that is causing this issue.
    It's not PWE/PWI that's done anything wrong.

I've installed on 7 different systems today without issue. (Aside from having to update DirectX on a couple, but that's not PWE's fault either.)

Seriously though, quit blaming PWE because it's not working on 3% of the systems out there. They can't account for the huge amount of software, bloatware, spyware, viruses, malware, and **** that people install on their computers. Not to mention lack of standard maintenance like defragging, updates, and just general cleaning. Even without counting for that you have a vast amount of different manufacturers, drivers, and OS flavors hanging around.

And to top it all off, some of the macros in the client and the way it pulls data from the databases get flagged by some anti-virus programs and "cleaned". Thus corrupting your install and causing problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    SylenThunder:

Yes you are correct on 95% of what you have stated in your reply HOWEVER it is also the responsibility of the Devs to Precheck/test/look for and solve 99.9% of any issues before releasing any such patches to provide people with answers as Problems arise.

So Far PWE/PWI has done a fairly poor job of this. They are aware of the issue's but it's going to take them a week or more to fix said Issues. From a Customer Service stand point thats **** poor timing.
  • jillibaby1
    jillibaby1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    SylenThunder:

So Far PWE/PWI has done a fairly poor job of this. They are aware of the issue's but it's going to take them a week or more to fix said Issues. From a Customer Service stand point thats **** poor timing.

I love that! LOL...but i agree, as I stated in another post, if and only if PWI fixes these problems it's going to take time. But then they say that some of the problems are not thier, some of the problems are us ppl with older computers and older graphics cards that simply will not support the new update.

I have said it once I will say it again, I dont believe for one second that with all the technology out today that the folks at PWI could not help to resolve this graphics card issue. I am sure they have to know that not everyone is rich and can afford to go out and buy new computers with windows 7 on it. Some of us have to be stuck with computers that are 8+ years old and have crappy graphics cards in them.

But my crappy card worked fine from day 1 I started to play PWI when it was still Rising Tides, it worked fine thru Genesis as well despite the fact that my graphics card did not even come close to what they list as the minimum requirements for a graphics card should be to play the game.
    Then this update and pow! Cant play the game...get stuck on the annoucement screen and then get logged out automatically, just like a ton of other people.

But yet the requirements for a graphics card did not change one bit from Genesis to Decent and yet here I am, stuck, not able to play. Why?
    I played just fine with what I had for Genesis...why the problem now? It sucks if you ask me.
    I know PWi is aware of the problems and issues and I have no doubt in my mind they are working on trying to find a way to let everyone back into the game no matter what graphic card you have. But as was said, it's going to take time. How long are u willing to wait?
    It might be a week, it might be 2 weeks. They have to analyze every problem, read every complaint and issue and try and find a solution that will work for everyone.
    That is not an easy task to do.

So far none of the GM's have come here with any solid answers or information and my guess is, until they have something solid to say, you will not hear from them. So those of us with crappy graphics cards that cant get into the game, are just going to have to suffer without being able to play.
    Or you be like me and start looking around for your own solutions. I thought about getting a better card but found a better computer instead, a newer one than mine but used...however the fact that it has a NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT, 527mb memory graphics card in it is all I needed to know.
    If part of the problem is that our old graphics cards simply cannot process the new updated game info due to lack of memory, then I figured something with 5x the memory capacity might just do the trick.
    What do you think?
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Most people don't have to go through all this.

Unfortunately, something is screwed up on your systems that is causing this issue.
    It's not PWE/PWI that's done anything wrong.

I've installed on 7 different systems today without issue. (Aside from having to update DirectX on a couple, but that's not PWE's fault either.)

Seriously though, quit blaming PWE because it's not working on 3% of the systems out there. They can't account for the huge amount of software, bloatware, spyware, viruses, malware, and **** that people install on their computers. Not to mention lack of standard maintenance like defragging, updates, and just general cleaning. Even without counting for that you have a vast amount of different manufacturers, drivers, and OS flavors hanging around.

And to top it all off, some of the macros in the client and the way it pulls data from the databases get flagged by some anti-virus programs and "cleaned". Thus corrupting your install and causing problems.

And you got this 3% figure from where? Aren't you the same supposed "Game Guru" that's been raging on PWI forums for the last year on how your computers were perfect and it was PWI's fault you were having problems? So, now because you actually had no problems with the update everyone else has screwed up computers?
  • MrJenkins - Harshlands
    MrJenkins - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    And you got this 3% figure from where? Aren't you the same supposed "Game Guru" that's been raging on PWI forums for the last year on how your computers were perfect and it was PWI's fault you were having problems? So, now because you actually had no problems with the update everyone else has screwed up computers?

+1 Vyvyan
    edited February 2012
    Well regardless of what has been said I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. The Autopatcher is doing the 612 update now seems to be ok so far. If this doesn't work then I'll Know it's defiantly not my Computer. I Have updated my Video Card Drivers, Defragged my hard drive, Installed the Direct X and everything else they suggested.

This is getting to a point, even playing semi Free as I do where all this Jumping thru Hoops to make a game work when the Devs haven't really tested the Patch or update is getting worse. Almost every patch they put out there is something wrong with it. When and where will it stop?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012

The only problems I rage about were the ones where it was quite obviously the fault of the client/developers. I've even offered them suggestions on how to fix it and even sent them fixed files to review.
    I don't ever claim that my computers are "perfect", but you will be hard pressed to find systems that are optimized better than mine. I've been working on hardware and gaming systems for over 25 years now. I keep up with technology news and updates, and even though I'm still using a system that is 5-years old, it keeps up with most modern system simply because of how lean I run it.

The problem that the majority of individuals are complaining about here however, it's a problem with the game code. It's not a glitch in the design. The client is working exactly as it is intended to work. The problem is that the update to DX9.0c compliance in the game engine requires shader capabilities that some older video cards do not support.

The majority of the individuals having a fit about not being able to play now, have been under the minimum system specs for almost a year already, it just finally hit home because of the new limitations.

As always, if you take the time to post your info, I'll take a look at it and offer suggestion.

As far as my 3% statement earlier, that's a random number I pulled out of my *** based on the number of people posting that they are having the issue, the number of people not posting they are having the issue, and my current knowledge of how many people out there are using these outdated computer systems that should have been tossed out years ago. Sure it's not 100% accurate, but I would wager that if you compared it to an actual survey, it would be damn close.

Just to re-state...
    The current solutions for the issues are....
    1. Update DirectX because your version does not have the proper 9.0c package. (Common even on DX11 systems.)
    2. Update your C++ runtimes (This is common on XP systems, mostly those that haven't bothered to update their OS to SP3 ect.)
    3. Your video card is too old and is either not complaint with DX9.0c, or does not support the Shaders used in the update. (Either update the video card, work around the shader issue with other software, or get a new computer.)

If you'll notice, each of these fixes is on the end of the user, not the company or the client. PWE has done a great job by finally partially updating the client to a standard that was in place 5 years ago. (Still no multi-processor support and it does still rely more on the CPU than the GPU.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]