Downloading Error (Patch 606-612 - descent expansion).

EIsea - Lost City
EIsea - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
I have been trying to update my game for a while now, and I noticed that while updating automatically on the client that it kept stopping at the file "elementskil.dll " and getting stuck, then getting the error that it could not be installed/downloaded and to retry again. After 4-5 times of re-trying, I manually downloaded the patch - and again, got stuck at the same part of the installation - "elementskil.dll " - and a pop up saying "Patch files have been corrupted" and then it closed.

Any one having the same issue?
Anyone know what is causing this...?
Post edited by EIsea - Lost City on

Comments

• XxBudxX - Harshlands
    XxBudxX - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i had the same issue... still tryin to figure it out
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's been explained in several threads already...

alt+ctrl+delete open task manager and click process and end element client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • EIsea - Lost City
    edited February 2012

If I end the client wont it stop the patch though? And sorry, I have been reading through a few threads jsut getting impatient which was why I made my own. Bit peeved too as I uninstalled PW and am re-installing it atm.... Guess, I need to wait and see and hope this works.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    the patcher is Pathcer.exe
    The client is elementclient.exe

If elementclient is open, the patcher can't update the file, and the client is not part of the patcher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i have the same problem

the only issue ===> dl manual patch

and launch manual patch ( it work very very well and no error ) and it's 100x faster lol b:dirty
  • EIsea - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    the patcher is Pathcer.exe
    The client is elementclient.exe

If elementclient is open, the patcher can't update the file, and the client is not part of the patcher.

Ah, okay thank you for the help :)

Just annoyed because I deleted perfect world and now I need to wait 4 hours for it to download again >_>
  • balchher
    balchher Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i actually had the same problem. my client was open. i closed it and then updated again. but still taking too long. the count is 3 hours and 30% .. how big is this actually?b:tiredb:tired
  • gandababae33
    gandababae33 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for responses :)
  • Torva_Avune - Archosaur
    Torva_Avune - Archosaur Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    how come with mine and my sister`s computer the patch installed flawlessly?

we are using commander-ms-i models btw
  • IKiiwi - Dreamweaver
    IKiiwi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    mine is stopping at some file written in Chinese or Japanese, and when i checked the client thing u all suggested, its not open b:surrender
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I was working with updating the client on four different machines this morning. On one, I stopped the auto download in favor of the manual patch, but the patch claimed to be "corrupted" about 20% of the way in. Further attempts to complete the auto download resulted in the elementskill.dll error, and further attempts to patch it manually just ended with the "corrupted" error.

However, I had already transferred the manual patch to the other three machines, and they were updating relatively normally. In the end, I opted to just reinstall PWI entirely and then apply the 580-612 patch instead. This seems to have worked. (be sure to delete that Pando Booster, kids)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Arthursoul - Archosaur
    Arthursoul - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I already check it, but there is no elementclient.exe is on. Now I just auto update it and see if everything is fine.

And about reinstall I don't think that possible for me, because it going to be forever to download the whole thing again
  • Iratinator - Harshlands
    Iratinator - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i dont even get that far, i start PWI and then it pops upp a window that says ''new version found update now?'' i press yes and i gets to ''prepering update...'' stands there for 5 sec then i says ''unable to update proccess 1error'' what do i do!?!?b:cold
  • Muddy - Harshlands
    Muddy - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I managed to download the client and the dx9 but i still can't get the game to start. I keep getting Enter game failed , so what the hell do i do now?
  • Kotaxxxx - Raging Tide
    Kotaxxxx - Raging Tide Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I already check it, but there is no elementclient.exe is on. Now I just auto update it and see if everything is fine.

And about reinstall I don't think that possible for me, because it going to be forever to download the whole thing again

My manual patch verification went up to 99% and it showed corrupted. I have PWI-Genesis.exe file. After installing from it which manual path will I have to do?

I am so pissed off.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • winrocks
    winrocks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    can anyone share me the surfaces.pck from the descent expansion
    my patch is always stoped at file 载入1280-2.jpg
    from the update loq show me that this file is the part of surfaces.pck...
    pliss b:sadb:sad