Question about weapon

Limon - Dreamweaver
Limon - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Assassin
Hello all. So now pwi have aps nerf and i have question. Does it better to use r8 daggers or barrier thorn nirvana? And should i refining r8 daggers on +10 or more?
Post edited by Limon - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Meatspiner - Lost City
    Meatspiner - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hello all. So now pwi have aps nerf and i have question. Does it better to use r8 daggers or barrier thorn nirvana? And should i refining r8 daggers on +10 or more?

If you got 4 aps with R8 yes but if you still missing interval gears then g13
  • Limon - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    If you got 4 aps with R8 yes but if you still missing interval gears then g13

But i can be 4 aps without damage nerf? or just 3.33 max?
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    3.33 r8> 3.33 g13
    since you get r8 anyways you will have the dagger, and for the cost of making the nirv thorn you could +10 and garnet gem your r8.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    5.0 from 4.0 is a 25% damage increase..... they only debuffed 5% of that YOU STILL ARE GAINING 20% DAMAGE INCREASE BY GOING FROM 4 TO 5 and you still get the normal 40 chi a second. -_-
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    lol well no way my sin have almost her r9 daggers 4aps <3 with garnet gems ofc b:dirty
  • Limon - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Is r9 daggers 4 aps good now?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    3.33 r8> 3.33 g13
    since you get r8 anyways you will have the dagger, and for the cost of making the nirv thorn you could +10 and garnet gem your r8.

Oh please. Saying that G13 has less DPS at equal APS is moronic, since that's a highly biased comparison.
    5.0 from 4.0 is a 25% damage increase..... they only debuffed 5% of that YOU STILL ARE GAINING 20% DAMAGE INCREASE BY GOING FROM 4 TO 5 and you still get the normal 40 chi a second. -_-

Actually... if it's 5% off of 5.0, then that means 5.0 is effectively equal to 4.75, thus dealing 18.75% more than 4.0. Doesn't really change the point, though.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Where does this so called 25% dmg increase come from 4 to 5. My G13's at +10 with 2 +75's barely out dps my r8's at +11 with 2 x+75's, the only reason I changed was for skill usage. The spike dmg on G13's cant even compare to the R8's either.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Meatspiner - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Where does this so called 25% dmg increase come from 4 to 5. My G13's at +10 with 2 +75's barely out dps my r8's at +11 with 2 x+75's, the only reason I changed was for skill usage. The spike dmg on G13's cant even compare to the R8's either.

dude wtf you fail to see it?

+11 R8 Can easy out DD a +10 G13.
    If im doing it right you can get 30% more dmg a hit with +11 R8's
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012

No you failed to read his post and my reply, this is not dph dmg, it is dps dmg which is not the same
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meatspiner - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    No you failed to read his post and my reply, this is not dph dmg, it is dps dmg which is not the same

4 aps max with R8 with 30% more dmg out dmg 5 aps G13 +10, and our point is?
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012

It comes from hitting 5 times instead of 4. You know, 5/4 = 1.25. It's only applicable when your DPH is identical. Learn your maths before you run your mouth.

+11 R8 is superior to +10 G13 if and only if you're a demon and you own an interval tome. Which is a rather **** comparison since the R8 setup costs a lot more.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Meatspiner - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    +11 R8 is superior to +10 G13 if and only if you're a demon and you own an interval tome. Which is a rather **** comparison since the R8 setup costs a lot more.

Always had a interval tome... got like 3 at one point 4. In the long run if you dont want R9 go for the R8 or G15 set up.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    It comes from hitting 5 times instead of 4. You know, 5/4 = 1.25. It's only applicable when your DPH is identical. Learn your maths before you run your mouth.

Why not ajust your attitude, He did not state that the DHP was identical. I was asking a question of where he got his original conclusion, but you had to bury your head in your tail. +11 R8 is not superior to G13's +10 in dps, as I have them both and see what happens in game, Possible DPH is a different story which I already stated R8's is superior.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Always had a interval tome... got like 3 at one point 4. In the long run if you dont want R9 go for the R8 or G15 set up.

Maybe. I'm sticking with G13 simply because rolling 2x -0.05 on G15 seems like a bother.
    Why not ajust your attitude, He did not state that the DHP was identical. I was asking a question of where he got his original conclusion, but you had to bury your head in your tail. +11 R8 is not superior to G13's +10 in dps, as I have them both and see what happens in game, Possible DPH is a different story which I already stated R8's is superior.

Tails have bones, you can't bury anything in them.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Just to state it: 5.0 still gives you a BUNCH of chi, dealing less damage and missing more, which is enough to heal you 20% every 10s. Bull**** to go back to 4.0 just because of the nerf, if you're going back to 4.0, get some serious R9 Daggers.

If you got at least 1 sky cover, the -20% accuracy will be no sheet :P
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Yay i finally got my r9 4aps lol b:chuckle
    They destroy everything b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Was giggling about this today because along with the expansion and aps nerf came a 2x, and every sin is still trying to farm raps for their G13 daggers.

Well, It used to be +10 G13 with one socket had 1-2% less dps than +10 R8 with two sockets, and +10 G13 with two sockets had 1-2% more dps than +10 R8 with two sockets. Now, with the "aps nerf"* the -5% makes R8's better until +11 in dph, dps, auto socketing, crit rate, spike damage... Everything but chi gain.

*astrixed because I don't notice a nerf, character screen doesn't change, I don't miss... It might be there, it might have been added but glitched so it doesn't work like so many things PWI does, or it may just be hooey to apease QQing barbs and casters.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Pyrogasm - Heavens Tear
    Pyrogasm - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Is r9 daggers 4 aps good now?

is always good lol. What i suggest tho, is to refine high or else you're gonna find GOF really nasty
    - my personal signature -
    - the one who bashes all Caster Nirvana QQers -
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Well when i have +3 r9 they has more damage than my old g15+10 b:chuckle
    They're no comparaison with r9... U should try them for check by yourself.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Nerf? there has been a nerf? Derf if you ask me, it was barely anything. IT WAS NOTHING!
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Was giggling about this today because along with the expansion and aps nerf came a 2x, and every sin is still trying to farm raps for their G13 daggers.

Well, It used to be +10 G13 with one socket had 1-2% less dps than +10 R8 with two sockets, and +10 G13 with two sockets had 1-2% more dps than +10 R8 with two sockets. Now, with the "aps nerf"* the -5% makes R8's better until +11 in dph, dps, auto socketing, crit rate, spike damage... Everything but chi gain.

*astrixed because I don't notice a nerf, character screen doesn't change, I don't miss... It might be there, it might have been added but glitched so it doesn't work like so many things PWI does, or it may just be hooey to apease QQing barbs and casters.

Yes I most defintily noticed a decrease in dmg on my g13's, the gap between my 2 sock g13's +10 and +11 R8 got quite a bit smaller. I have not noticed anything when using my R8's they still hit hard like they did before. One big thing I notice is my ability to heal in nirvana. Being a glass cannon at 6200hp 5% less dmg has change my playstyle there quite a bit. I went from not needing charms/crabs in nirv to burning threw freebie dq charms like crazy. On the 20-30 runs I did this 2x I burned through 4 charms.
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    Maybe. I'm sticking with G13 simply because rolling 2x -0.05 on G15 seems like a bother.

Tails have bones, you can't bury anything in them.

b:surrender

You got me there b:chuckle
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yes I most defintily noticed a decrease in dmg on my g13's, the gap between my 2 sock g13's +10 and +11 R8 got quite a bit smaller. I have not noticed anything when using my R8's they still hit hard like they did before. One big thing I notice is my ability to heal in nirvana. Being a glass cannon at 6200hp 5% less dmg has change my playstyle there quite a bit. I went from not needing charms/crabs in nirv to burning threw freebie dq charms like crazy. On the 20-30 runs I did this 2x I burned through 4 charms.

Lol you are talking about like 50 hp every second, and that is you hitting 9.5k instead of 10k for every hit. I'm sorry but you sound like a total moron to me. Please quit your sin while you are a head.

10k x .05 x .02 x 5 =50hp how much of a heal you lost per second while pulling 10k crits

The difference is next to nothing.....Go eat an extra crab
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Well when i have +3 r9 they has more damage than my old g15+10 b:chuckle
    They're no comparaison with r9... U should try them for check by yourself.

What the were referring to is the fact that if you have 9k hp (for example) you lose 450 hp per zerk. To break even you need to hit 22500 damage or more on your zerks for paint to heal past the zerks loss. That's not too difficult with an R9 weapon, honestly, but does require some refines for you not to be losing hp while tanking a boss and zerking like mad.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    Lol you are talking about like 50 hp every second, and that is you hitting 9.5k instead of 10k for every hit. I'm sorry but you sound like a total moron to me. Please quit your sin while you are a head.

10k x .05 x .02 x 5 =50hp how much of a heal you lost per second while pulling 10k crits

The difference is next to nothing.....Go eat an extra crab

After the update my damage range in a spark is 3-12k without a blessing, hf nor amp on bosses in Nirvana which is rather pathetic for my build. Bosses hit me for 3-4 times the amount of heals I can get from bp. So yes that little 50hp lose is alot greater if you put it in context, which is something you seem not to be able to do. And whats problem, not get enough huges as a child?
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    What the were referring to is the fact that if you have 9k hp (for example) you lose 450 hp per zerk. To break even you need to hit 22500 damage or more on your zerks for paint to heal past the zerks loss. That's not too difficult with an R9 weapon, honestly, but does require some refines for you not to be losing hp while tanking a boss and zerking like mad.

That is very true, I saw myself what happens with low hp low ref R9 daggers. The sin in question had 6k hp and killed himself with his daggers before the boss had a chance to.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    After the update my damage range in a spark is 3-12k without a blessing, hf nor amp on bosses in Nirvana which is rather pathetic for my build. Bosses hit me for 3-4 times the amount of heals I can get from bp. So yes that little 50hp lose is alot greater if you put it in context, which is something you seem not to be able to do. And whats problem, not get enough huges as a child?

Alot of us think there may have been no real aps nerf. Maybe they added it and it glitched. Certainly my accuracy wasn't noticably affected and my dph doesn't seem to change when I just cyclone on my bm to 5.0. You are on of the few people noticing a difference which may largely be placebo.

Think Fons point is that you should have always had a surplus of heals to survive. You shouldn't be just barely surviving and now you are dieing. You should have been surviving and getting thousands of hp in heals on top of surviving and now you are surviving and getting thousands of heals -.05%.
  • sachelfunlol
    edited February 2012
    Alot of us think there may have been no real aps nerf. Maybe they added it and it glitched. Certainly my accuracy wasn't noticably affected and my dph doesn't seem to change when I just cyclone on my bm to 5.0. You are on of the few people noticing a difference which may largely be placebo.

Think Fons point is that you should have always had a surplus of heals to survive. You shouldn't be just barely surviving and now you are dieing. You should have been surviving and getting thousands of hp in heals on top of surviving and now you are surviving and getting thousands of heals -.05%.

Thats my point, I don't see any misses, but my dmg range has been lowered seemingly more than 5% nerf and lack of omalley's from 8-22k to 3-12k during none amp/hf sparks.Thats quite a lot more than the loss or 15' att lvl's from omalley's and a 5% nerf. I go from not needing pots/charms at all, to burning through them at an odd rate, something is just odd with that and why Fons post was more bs than actual thought on the matter in contex.

Going from not using charms at all to using 4 in a week + crabs is a little bit more than a placebo effect, but I do know what you mean.
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thats my point, I don't see any misses, but my dmg range has been lowered seemingly more than 5% nerf and lack of omalley's from 8-22k to 3-12k during none amp/hf sparks.Thats quite a lot more than the loss or 15' att lvl's from omalley's and a 5% nerf. I go from not needing pots/charms at all, to burning through them at an odd rate, something is just odd with that and why Fons post was more bs than actual thought on the matter in contex.

Going from not using charms at all to using 4 in a week + crabs is a little bit more than a placebo effect, but I do know what you mean.

lack of omallys is not going to lower you from 22k to 12k damage lol, and contributing a 10k damage nerf to 5% damage nerfs does not add up. I'm pointing out the lost of up to 100 hp(20k crit) is not game breaking. Either you lost your edge as a sin or you're running with weak sauce squads.