Assassins APS Nerfed Because of Descent Expansion

Options
ChrisXbell - Harshlands
ChrisXbell - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Assassin
Like is this true or not cause if this is true i dont even want to progess my sin anymore, if this is true my new main will be blademaster
Post edited by ChrisXbell - Harshlands on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'll say yes just so it means there's one less potentially fail sin around.
  • zhimo
    zhimo Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yes, they cap aps to 3.33 max.

geezus
  • raisen45
    raisen45 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    zhimo wrote: »

geezus

where you see this information ah ? abouth lees to 3.3 and what about the 5 aps now? the lees to 3,3 ?
  • aey22
    aey22 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    That'd be awesome tho because it means I'll make my Sin Sage ^.^
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    Zalm - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    zhimo wrote: »

geezus

I would personally like to see a link to the place you get your info...I dont see how they will nerf aps to 3.33 when equips are brining it to a possible 4.00 in the first place. Does this mean they are removing some of the interval buffs on most equips now? or are they removing the aps spark buff?
    I don't see people begging for Assassins to come save them.
    I don't see people spamming for BM or Archer buffs in Archosaur.
    I don't see people asking to be revived by Barbs, Seekers, or Psychics.
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
    'Any clerics nearby that can buff me?'
    'Can you rez me? I need a rez.'
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you only play sin to aps things to death, please quit now.
    Your server doesn't need another fail fish. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Danger_ous__ - Archosaur
    Danger_ous__ - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Pls stat putting some info with ur comments to make it valid. I would like to know if aps is gonna be nerfed lol
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    2.00 APS, enough said, anything above it unrealistic and breaks the last sense of ''Balance'' in this game
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • zhimo
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No changes in aps, omg stop asking that b:laugh
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There will no longer be auto attacking. All classes can only skill spam now.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    2.00 APS, enough said, anything above it unrealistic and breaks the last sense of ''Balance'' in this game

Considering how that renders any assassin almost useless in PvE...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • ChrisXbell - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options

I dont play assassin just because of APS
  • ChrisXbell - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options
    [/QUOTE
    Also if you read i said im playing my bm =D
  • zhimo
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In PvE, what else you wanna do?
    Skillspam Emporer to death? lol nice joke.

When you really look close, the fastest thing is really, aps things to death ;)
    ONLY PVE WISE!!!!

Rib, Spark, Inner harmony, Powerdash and poke poke poke.. problem?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Patch descent > Enter game > Try Aps > Tell your stories in forum
    either QQ no more aps or " ha ha fake rumor "
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @Usagi Basically a repeat of what happened when PWI: Genesis came out.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • looken
    looken Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @Usagi Basically a repeat of what happened when PWI: Genesis came out.

I agree with this, it have been a rumour since people started to afford 5.0.

And then again it deffenetly aint just aps, the whole build of sin is OP, its a close ranged archer. the focus is dex, which incresed the weapon damage and the amount of crit's you do. even if they lower the aps to 3.33 assassin will still be the one who is rocking the DD, just look at R9 sins when they not spark! 2.86 and +10/+12 without spark and they kill faster then most 5.0 BM's with +10 decide/TT100 fist when they demon spark. Lowering the aps wont do much sins will still be a hell of a good DD if they not lower the aps to extreme levels.
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If they will nerf aps to 3.33 all the sins will go sage b:laugh with R9 or G15 +10 - +12. And Demon Spark will become useless b:shutup.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If they will nerf aps to 3.33 all the sins will go sage b:laugh with R9 or G15 +10 - +12. And Demon Spark will become useless b:shutup.

Actually quite wrong.

Sage Spark is utterly useless if you have a cleric doing BB.

And the additional attack speed of a Demon allows them to use funky gear, like Cube Necklace, Warsong Belt, further Nirvana pieces.

If APS was capped to 3.33, we'd probably see something like this. Or the R9 variants. Compared to the 3.33 sage options, that thing has far more damage reduction, plus better defenses and more life due to having all those Defense Levels and so many G15 pieces instead of G12.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Olba already pointed out that if aps was capped alot of us would stick with demon and adjust our gear down to 3.33 sparked and better defenses.

The funny thing is demon has alot of great skills, too. Demon Dagger Devotion, Rib Strike, Wolf Emblem, Tidal/Focused, Throatcut, our stun skills, Inner Harmony... but when you go demon you get accused of only doing it for the spark and only being an apser. If aps was reduced to 3.33 and people went sage it'd be the exact opposite, people would be accused of only going sage for the spark (and bloodpaint).
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Olba already pointed out that if aps was capped alot of us would stick with demon and adjust our gear down to 3.33 sparked and better defenses.

The funny thing is demon has alot of great skills, too. Demon Dagger Devotion, Rib Strike, Wolf Emblem, Tidal/Focused, Throatcut, our stun skills, Inner Harmony... but when you go demon you get accused of only doing it for the spark and only being an apser. If aps was reduced to 3.33 and people went sage it'd be the exact opposite, people would be accused of only going sage for the spark (and bloodpaint).

True there was and there will be many discussions about what culty is better, about Skils, about what would be the best gears to be 3.33 aps sparked, about G13 being useless and R8 and G15 with only SS or GoF being the best option until R9, changing TT99 heavy necklace and belt for cube and R9 belt and so on and so on.
    I wish they will cap the aps to 3.33 so we can get some more options in gears, something more to do on my Barb then go on my sin.
  • ScreamingSKY - Archosaur
    ScreamingSKY - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This is bs the only reason I became a sun is for fast attacks and high damage! Does anyone agree with me? I think if they made my attacks like three times as power ful I won't care but you guys have to be considerate of what the players think. And by the way if the do nerf me really bad I am rage quitting :p
  • sanctuarykeeper
    sanctuarykeeper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I am greatful they nerf aps i never got 5 aps and didnt look like i was ever going to. i am only 2 aps atm, and i do jus fine. i feel sorry for the ppl that that did it all to get the 5 aps, but it was only a matter of time. Ppl have been QQing about 5 aps since way back and hopefully these arrogant full of themselves aps'ers will learn learn a little something more than basic attacking everything to death and calling themselves pro....b:victory I used to say "wait til i get 5 aps" but realized i might never get 5 aps so i got used to playing with 2 aps and fail rank 8 gear (no shards) and a +7 daggers (and i do decently i might add). so, hopefully these i-am-pro (cause i basic attack everything to death) playerrrrs...will be forced to learn a little more tactic
  • zhimo
    edited February 2012
    Options
    capping the aps to 3.33 still dont mean, using skills do more damage.
    honestly, even at 2.86 or 2.5 the auto attack would do just fine.

But guess what? they leave it at 5 and i have to say, that i dont want to lower the aps.
    i like the high speed attacking, makes things like TT and nirvana fast.
    Its not like, capping aps to some random numbers like 2.5, 2.86 or 3.33 will change anything about the fact, that sins will aps things to death.

and guess another thing? I would be mad, if they lower aps. why? because a ****load of time went into my gear o the state it is now.
    im going G15 in the next double drop and still have 5aps, and i think, i deserved it for all the farming i done. No not farming like smashing as much RL money into PWI as possible. no, running TT and Nv like mad in double drops and outside.

ofc its only PvE wise, PvP wise is a WHOLE different story. Dont mix them up b:bye
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If they do lower it to 3.33, then I'll just stick to my r9 and use my cube neck and r9 belt instead of TT99 HA. I'll be 2.5 unsparked and 3.33 sparked.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I am greatful they nerf aps i never got 5 aps and didnt look like i was ever going to. i am only 2 aps atm, and i do jus fine. i feel sorry for the ppl that that did it all to get the 5 aps, but it was only a matter of time. Ppl have been QQing about 5 aps since way back and hopefully these arrogant full of themselves aps'ers will learn learn a little something more than basic attacking everything to death and calling themselves pro....b:victory I used to say "wait til i get 5 aps" but realized i might never get 5 aps so i got used to playing with 2 aps and fail rank 8 gear (no shards) and a +7 daggers (and i do decently i might add). so, hopefully these i-am-pro (cause i basic attack everything to death) playerrrrs...will be forced to learn a little more tactic

You are a level 100 rank 8 demon sin with only 2 aps sparked? That's 1.54 aps base, meaning you only have -.15 on your gear, -.1 of which comes from your armor. I assume the other piece is either OHT wristguards or your +7 weapon is still Hook and Thorns. You are scorning 5 aps for auto attacking but it sounds like you bought FCCs and hypered to 100 completely ignoring ever farming any gear.

Btw, if you had bothered to work on your gear, guess who would have farmed the mats you are buying for cheap? Aps chars. They also probably were the ones that did your FCCs for you. And have probably helped you 50 times from level 1 to 100 but good thing you don't generalize or lump everyone into one group with phrases like "arrogant full of themselves aps'ers".

Remember, all of them had to be 1.54 aps at one point on their journey to 5.0, meaning they had the same opportunities as you to learn tactics and skills. Just because now auto attack is most effective 95% of the time doesn't mean they forgot how to play their class. Its just a different dynamic to how you play your class based on how your gear is. Grow up, quit the QQing, and go farm rather than be envious.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ok know what as long as they don't nerf attacks and increase then for the 5 asp people ......... Jk I was joking but I would like to know how to make my attacks stonger because I am level 70 and doing 1500 max damage. Someone pealse help me
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Without skills lol so just normal attacks is 1500 ish
  • zhimo
    edited February 2012
    Options
    what do you except with using auto attack with lv 70 (or lower) daggers?
    damage out of the 10.000~?

Nah its probably normal or you have a low level weapon, a bad weapon (like garbage mold or npc weapon), wrong stats or too high vit/str(mag?) at your level makes your attack lower etc.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ok know what as long as they don't nerf attacks and increase then for the 5 asp people ......... Jk I was joking but I would like to know how to make my attacks stonger because I am level 70 and doing 1500 max damage. Someone pealse help me

For sins your damage per hit is comprised of

dex
    attack levels
    weapon damage
    +physical attack adds (rings)
    weapon shards

I think that's about it (besides temporary buffs and genie skills). Easiest way to increase your dph is refine your weapon.