Clerics and Bloodpaint - or lack thereof

2»

Comments

• SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2012

As for all the BP fans..id like to see you TW on bp alone..

I feel almost a bit useless in this arena too now. I mean, in TW I hardly actually manage to get a Wellspring off before the person is already dead. R9 kinda messed up when it made every fight a "who one shots the other peep first?" kind of deal b:sad
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Just out of curiousity, when did clerics start to be called ep? Where did it come from, and what does it mean?

I'm not trying to be rude or go off topic here, but I really would like to know that. I'm genuinely curious about it. The only Ep that I've known stood for Extreme Poison genie skill, so if someone could clarify that for me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    PW-MY clerics are Elf Priest so EP x)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Just out of curiousity, when did clerics start to be called ep? Where did it come from, and what does it mean?

I'm not trying to be rude or go off topic here, but I really would like to know that. I'm genuinely curious about it. The only Ep that I've known stood for Extreme Poison genie skill, so if someone could clarify that for me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

It's out-dated terminology that needs to go away. Just like werefox, ea, fury, hh, cv, and gv (not the fists)... The most irritating thing is when people use MY-EN terms along side PWI terms... ffs people!

b:sweat
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012

you're poiisoon....b:chuckle
    you only purge once #yopo
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I like running with sin, they push the run much faster and safer for everyone (Please don't quote only this sentence and then judge me. Please read all post). Yet by saying that does not mean I'm dependent on BP, clerics should still be able keep the squad alive when there's no sin around. But I do have to agree with Sylredrae that sin is another factor that imbalances the need of a rainbow squad (in many cases).

Since this thread has something to do with BB, I would just tell a lil experience I got awhile ago in 59, with another cleric in a squad of 3. She was in her late 90's, I was 89. We were helping a low level who was friends with us both. After a long run, we were all at Qianji. The late-90's cleric said she came to help, and she asked me if I wanted to tank or what. I said she should tank, due to the fact that my mag. was always a lil lower than other cleric's, and still :) (I add lots of vits). So she said if I wanted her to tank, she needed me to set BB. I told her we didn't need BB at all in 59, I mean, really!! She said she knew what she was doing, and she NEEDED me to set BB. I just would not set BB. She would not tank till she saw my BB show up. 1min of awkward silence passed by... I ran near to the boss and tanked it myself. The other cleric was like "hm... keep going" After a couple mins, Qianji died. The other cleric said "Just to let you know, BB makes a squad safer." I'm like "My IH is just fine. You would not die if I spam IH on you, as you can see I tanked Qianji alone with my IH, and you did not heal me at all."

Bottom line is, nowadays many clerics depend on BB too much. I agree with the above posts that because many squad been asking them to do so since they were low lvl. But c'mon... like the late-90's cleric in cave 59 with me, if we could do it without BB, why would we need BB??? I proved her that BB was a waste of time in that case, but she still, would not change her perspective b:surrender
    Insanity b:thanks
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Since this thread has something to do with BB, I would just tell a lil experience I got awhile ago in 59, with another cleric in a squad of 3. She was in her late 90's, I was 89. We were helping a low level who was friends with us both. After a long run, we were all at Qianji. The late-90's cleric said she came to help, and she asked me if I wanted to tank or what. I said she should tank, due to the fact that my mag. was always a lil lower than other cleric's, and still :) (I add lots of vits). So she said if I wanted her to tank, she needed me to set BB. I told her we didn't need BB at all in 59, I mean, really!! She said she knew what she was doing, and she NEEDED me to set BB.

W.T.F.

my psy tanked bh59 in black voodoo with just one cleric (of same lvl range) and psy heals. maybe a bit of hp pots in case of emergency (no special gear either...)

only way to "justify" what she said is if she planned to tank in melee range. not sure what's more fail....
    you only purge once #yopo