New Assassin Skills

_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Assassin
With the new announcement of the expansion on the 14th, it's completely confirmed that all classes will get new skills.

So this is a thread meant for that. To talk about what to expect, and about it whenever it does come out. And means of getting it.

If this thread is violating any rules, feel free to close it mods.

For myself, I'm more interested in the "balancing" portion they mentioned in the announcements. I wonder if they'll finally "fix" Assassins.
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• _ShadowFish_ - Lost City
    _ShadowFish_ - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well there's talk about an aps nerf...i hope it's not too bad or i will QQ bad b:cry and i'm glad i'll finally have a new aoe :3

P.S. I like your videos O_O
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    I doubt it'll be that, but hey we don't know yet XD. And yeah, a third AoE will be nice, even though it's a cone-shaped one.

And thank you.
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Omg they will nerf our aps?!!
  • Yunkel - Lost City
    Yunkel - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    All races get a nice new skills for the expansion execpt the tideborns, the new sin skills sux, and there are many skills anti sins for the other classes example:

Seeker: third eye, 50% more damage
    Mystic: thid eye
    Wizard: anit auto atack skill
    Veno: antisutn.
    Archer: lateral jumps (20mts away)

and the sins have only one offensive skill:

a uselees frontal aoe with out % dmg weapon, and low dmg over 30 SECs.... yeah 30 secs.

Also If the sins aps will be nerfed i stop to put money in the game like many others.
  • ladymyrth
    ladymyrth Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hmm.. I thought the aps is what made the assassin special.. well, that and stealth... so, why nerf it?

Just wondering :)
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I seriously doubt they will nerf aps but they are giving other classes ways of countering it now like Yunkel said. Don't forget barbs get a skill where their attack gets boosted by 3% every time they get hit up to a maximum of 150%, seems to be another anti-aps skill
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Double knife throw pve's mobs would be crazy. The animation of throwing both daggers, one in each hand would be great :D doing aoe dmg

b:pleased
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I dont think they can nerf a specific class, but I am not sure. If they did nerf it would problem come from the lack of int from gear. Sins are skill based high dph toons not aps toons, pre-existing gear allows them and other classes get high aps. But anyway my 2 cents

b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • JebakLesny - Dreamweaver
    JebakLesny - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    frontal aoe? that sounds not so goodb:sad
    ive spoke with my fr about greate news skils, hes WoW maniack n they already got all the skills. i was b:shutup
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm pretty sure aps aren't going to get nerfed......I'm thinking along the lines Shadow Escape no longer giving a spark or maybe they'll nerf TP to have a less chance of resisting debuffs etc etc etc.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    All races get a nice new skills for the expansion execpt the tideborns, the new sin skills sux, and there are many skills anti sins for the other classes example:

Seeker: third eye, 50% more damage
    Mystic: thid eye
    Wizard: anit auto atack skill
    Veno: antisutn.
    Archer: lateral jumps (20mts away)

and the sins have only one offensive skill:

a uselees frontal aoe with out % dmg weapon, and low dmg over 30 SECs.... yeah 30 secs.

Also If the sins aps will be nerfed i stop to put money in the game like many others.

Ever thought that they made the new sin skills feeble because of the OP ones we already have? I think it's necessary to balance everyone out.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ever thought that they made the new sin skills feeble because of the OP ones we already have? I think it's necessary to balance everyone out.
    This^^
    Class balancing revolves around balancing the original 6 + EG to the tideborn.
    Giving sins mediocre new skills is good thing, not bad. The other classes have needed to catch up for a long while now.
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    From what I have read, they aren't nerfing APS, they are nerfing everyone's (as in all classes) ability to permaspark by increasing the cooldown time on Spark Burstb:shocked
  • ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    From what I have read, they aren't nerfing APS, they are nerfing everyone's (as in all classes) ability to permaspark by increasing the cooldown time on Spark Burstb:shocked

Ok... now thats just wrong
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I don't really care what the skills are, I'm just happy to have more skills to learn. I was getting depressed having all skills level 10 with all but 3 sage skills either learned or in books. I even went so far to learn Condensed Thorn which I perceive to be useless in PvE. I would have Blood Frenzy but I haven't gotten around to doing the culti.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • thenewclass
    thenewclass Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    we're basically getting nothing ... frontal aoe has almost no domage... +if they make archers stealth why make a sin in the first place if u range hit ppl from stealth ...
    mages getting anti-aps skill really?how is a sin supposed 2 kill him with knife throw? a mage has huge p def (self buffs that doubles his p def) so r9 mages cannot be killed by sins now...?
    seekers detecting sins ...wtf? mystical detecting us 2 so now we can't stealth hmm interesting ... and they r seriously planning 2 nurf our skills maybe make headhunt 3secs lol? so now if u have a sin u:can't kill anyone in pvp /do **** at massive pvp /can't stealth in pvp ...
    cool story oh and barbs getting ad for 6 secs secs before they die lol so they r getting nerv+ad effect hmm and we r getting inventury spying skill YAY!
  • RazorRomance - Raging Tide
    RazorRomance - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    They're also going to change some skills, so I'm kinda worried about our stealth, maybe they'll make it weaker, or anything like that.
    Anyone know what they will change?
    *-* Tidal, stealth and DN can't be edited b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Youtube.com/user/RazorPW Sin PvP/PvE Vids.b:pleased
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hmmm....Just curious, yall ever wonder how the other classes survived before when sins cud basically 1 shot anyone? Heck an r9 sin > all other classes. This just balances the game, sins still gona be op maybe now it'll take slightly more skill to play one and pvp with one.

Besides, I am loving that new aoe stealth idea and taking a peek at someone's inventory is gona be rather useful in nirvana runs o.o

btw, yes, knife throw those damn wizzies, its rather effective at 1 shotting them lol
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Dunno but, vid them if and when you gain them. ^-^
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • WildFireXIII - Dreamweaver
    WildFireXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    i just got back from being away from the game for about a year.... So much more to learn. As far as i know they will never nerf aps. So ya people should stop bringing it up. Reason why they will never will nerf if is because people have spend real money to buy gold to buy gear to get aps. They would have to refund a **** load of people just to shut up a few QQs
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    they will never nerf aps.

wut? They just did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    wut? They just did.

b:bye sorry to pop bubble, they removed that nerf alrdy. Hubby was seeing the difference, and after a maint (dont remember which one) poof, damage back to before expansion
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    No they didn't. I have just tested it.