Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Truly, I am an evil genius! b:chuckle *goes to edit*
  • ineye11
    ineye11 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    How much damage is reduced by those extra defences though? I'm way too lazy to work it out b:cute

Its just l33t fresh juice.

But again Elena didn't pull one good build.

Sorry Elena I won't contribute.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ah, you forgot to color code the links so that they have the actual item name color. And the preceding stars. You cannot forget the stars!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Actually GV fists can compete with Deicides even at +10 refines because of the Revenge proc. The only reason to not have it is if you want possibility for upgrading your melee weapon. (like stupid Ast does)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited February 2012
    Actually GV fists can compete with Deicides even at +10 refines because of the Revenge proc. The only reason to not have it is if you want possibility for upgrading your melee weapon. (like stupid Ast does)

I really don't think the Revenge proc gives you that much. I was calculating the Revenge proc on Nirvana claws and found it lacking. Revenge does not get multiplied by spark, from what I understand. So when you are perma-sparking, the Revenge proc doesn't really give you much.

I suppose I should actually sit down and compute it.
  • ineye11
    ineye11 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ok since Elena is such a nice person, I have decided to teach her how to play archer.

Hidden GM build 5APS WARSOUL BRO:

http://pwcalc.com/296c25e505576a4e

Having the over 10 G12 shards provoke the damage glitch which provoke constant 3x damage.

I didn't want to post it, so over people don't copy it.

But since I love Elena intentions of teachin noob shiet to all here you go b:cute

Bend over I'm comin
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ah, you forgot to color code the links so that they have the actual item name color. And the preceding stars. You cannot forget the stars!

I can't believe I forgot the stars...

I have failed you, Lady Elena! b:cry
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I really don't think the Revenge proc gives you that much. I was calculating the Revenge proc on Nirvana claws and found it lacking. Revenge does not get multiplied by spark, from what I understand. So when you are perma-sparking, the Revenge proc doesn't really give you much.

Enough to make up for the weapon damage difference.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012

It doesn't. There's really about 100 base damage difference between GV+10 and Lunar+10 with the proc active, that's not so bad considering your sparked base damage with either weapon refined to +10 is close to 10k.

Comparing a player using GV +10 with one using Lunar +10 would be a close call in practice, depending on details such as shards, sockets, and rings of the user.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    edited February 2012
    Enough to make up for the weapon damage difference.

Huh, apparently, I'm wrong.

Deicide +10, Sparked - http://pwcalc.com/9c270bc43fd10c4d

Physical Atk: 10568-11789
    Avg DPH = 11,178.5

Gorenox Vanity +10, Sparked - http://pwcalc.com/3277cc23fa04bc42

Physical Atk: 10492-10875
    Revenge Proc: 704 = (((934+988)/2) + 2*75 + 2*(95+38) + 31)/2
    Revenge Proc Percent Coverage: 86% - Source
    Avg DPH = 11,288.94 = 10,683.5 + 704*0.86

*sigh* I'll update the first post.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Huh, apparently, I'm wrong.

Deicide +10, Sparked - http://pwcalc.com/9c270bc43fd10c4d

Physical Atk: 10568-11789
    Avg DPH = 11,178.5

Gorenox Vanity +10, Sparked - http://pwcalc.com/3277cc23fa04bc42

Physical Atk: 10492-10875
    Revenge Proc: 704 = (((934+988)/2) + 2*75 + 2*(95+38) + 31)/2
    Revenge Proc Percent Coverage: 86% - Source
    Avg DPH = 11,288.94 = 10,683.5 + 704*0.86

*sigh* I'll update the first post.

Ehh I don't remember GVs being better DPS at +10, but being a GV fan I'm not complaining b:chuckle
    edited February 2012
    Ehh I don't remember GVs being better DPS at +10, but being a GV fan I'm not complaining b:chuckle

Part of it is the lower Strength requirements. Most archers have minimum Str for Gorenox Vanity.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Part of it is the lower Strength requirements. Most archers have minimum Str for Gorenox Vanity.

Pretty sure I would've used the same PWcalc build for both weapons. But to be honest the difference is so minimal it doesn't really matter.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Elena forgot to factor in blazing arrow which would benefit deicide more since it has higher weapon attack. Other buffs like barb buff, frost blade, and death river toxin also would benefit deicide more.

Also technically that gorenox analysis was a steady state solution and is only valid 10s after the fight starts. In practice the proc always starts in the off state so GV fists always starts with less dps than they have later. If you are doing bosses that die in 1 or 2 spark cycles they will have less raw dps than if you are killing world bosses.

Anyway the general tradeoff between deicide and gorenox fist isn't really DPS but rather gear flexibility / nv upgradeability vs lower str requirement and a bit of healing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited February 2012
    Argh, why didn't I make this guide *after* the expansion, with all the nifty gear?

On a side note, do any of you recommend full Nirvana or mixed Nirvana as a build?
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Probably full NV since it's a good alternative to those who can't afford R9 and aren't in a large enough guild for Trials.

Mixed is debatable due to sacrificing Def levels for Att. I've seen a good amount of players with mixed.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    If you want different helm and cape you're better off mixing because 4 pieces wouldn't get you anything else anyway. A lot of people just take the cheaper Warsoul helm and -int cape and mix.
  • makubex000
    makubex000 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    -- Pure Rank 8 --

- Build Link: http://pwcalc.com/c730379ae548df66

This build uses full R8 armors. The advantage of this build is that the R8 armor has no Strength requirement. Thus, the only pieces of gear with Strength requirements are the bow and headgear. R8 Bow has a 50 Strength requirement, so I chose the Ence's Scar arcane hat for the headgear, which has a 52 Strength requirement. At high refines, it beats out any other helm with a Strength requirement near 50. Anyways, with only 52 Strength, this build has over 50 more Dexterity compared to all other builds. However, as a trade off, it has lower attack speed for normal attacks and cannot be realistically modified to use fists / claws.

Variations on gear:
    - Tome - You can get a better tome, such as one with -interval.
    - Robe - Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade, Energetic Robe: Wraithgate, Lunar: Mantle of Radiance, Cape of Elite Leather. Of note, Lunar: Mantle of Radiance is grade 13, so it can use Jade of Steady Defense.
    - Belt - Warsong Belt (any variety), Eye of the Jungle (either variety), Guard of Thundershock / Paradise Sachet.

No Fist/Claw Variation

Pure Rank 8 does not have any Fist/Claw variation. The main advantage of the Pure Rank 8 build is that you can restat a lot of Strength into Dexterity (compared to the other builds on this guide). Thus, you will not have the Strength necessary to wear any reasonable fists / claws. I suppose you can put on some very low level fist / claws for chi gain.

I Tried To Get Full R8 and now im upset.. read all about it here
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1381471

PWI is unfair.. we all need to 100 wedding candies for boots and 100 candies for bracers all class need this, but earthguard's craft rate is different than the other classes. so far no GM or DEV has replied to my thread yet..
    edited November 2012
    Updated, with more changes pending.

Should I even bother with R8 or R8 recast?
  • Nout - Sanctuary
    Nout - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Updated, with more changes pending.

Should I even bother with R8 or R8 recast?

Thanks for the update!

R8 recast might be nice to add.

One note, there is no refines on the bow in the 'Skyfaller's Empire Set (R9-S3) / Firmament (R9-S3)'.
    This is the one with bow at +10: http://pwcalc.com/7756033db8a5c555
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the update!

R8 recast might be nice to add.

One note, there is no refines on the bow in the 'Skyfaller's Empire Set (R9-S3) / Firmament (R9-S3)'.
    This is the one with bow at +10: http://pwcalc.com/7756033db8a5c555

*@#%#@$

I'll fix that when I get home. My thanx for catching that.
  • Calious - Lost City
    Calious - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is going to be my build in jan.
    http://pwcalc.com/34da46f47a07e58b
    neck is engraved +10 vit
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This is going to be my build in jan.
    http://pwcalc.com/34da46f47a07e58b
    neck is engraved +10 vit

I could kill you with a +10 G16 nirvana magic sword.

Get some more defence levels and magic defence or the R9RR +12 mages and psys will have no problem 2 shotting you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    makubex000 wrote: »
    -- Pure Rank 8 --

- Build Link: http://pwcalc.com/c730379ae548df66

This build uses full R8 armors. The advantage of this build is that the R8 armor has no Strength requirement. Thus, the only pieces of gear with Strength requirements are the bow and headgear. R8 Bow has a 50 Strength requirement, so I chose the Ence's Scar arcane hat for the headgear, which has a 52 Strength requirement. At high refines, it beats out any other helm with a Strength requirement near 50. Anyways, with only 52 Strength, this build has over 50 more Dexterity compared to all other builds. However, as a trade off, it has lower attack speed for normal attacks and cannot be realistically modified to use fists / claws.

Variations on gear:
    - Tome - You can get a better tome, such as one with -interval.
    - Robe - Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade, Energetic Robe: Wraithgate, Lunar: Mantle of Radiance, Cape of Elite Leather. Of note, Lunar: Mantle of Radiance is grade 13, so it can use Jade of Steady Defense.
    - Belt - Warsong Belt (any variety), Eye of the Jungle (either variety), Guard of Thundershock / Paradise Sachet.

No Fist/Claw Variation

Pure Rank 8 does not have any Fist/Claw variation. The main advantage of the Pure Rank 8 build is that you can restat a lot of Strength into Dexterity (compared to the other builds on this guide). Thus, you will not have the Strength necessary to wear any reasonable fists / claws. I suppose you can put on some very low level fist / claws for chi gain.

I Tried To Get Full R8 and now im upset.. read all about it here
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1381471

PWI is unfair.. we all need to 100 wedding candies for boots and 100 candies for bracers all class need this, but earthguard's craft rate is different than the other classes. so far no GM or DEV has replied to my thread yet..

I'm curious as to what ppl think about this build beyond the obvious points that more expensive builds are better and you can't use fists.

This seems to get you 60 more dex which is 3 more crit points and 2-4% more damage per hit. Since the arcane hat doesn't give you crit its really just 2 more crit points in my opinion. And I figure you are losing around 1000 hp with the hat. And losing aps with range weps just from using all R8 armor. But 2 extra crits does matter and recasting R8 with NW doesn't cost much and losing the use of fists matters less now that nirvana is unimportant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Djcale - Raging Tide
    Djcale - Raging Tide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    pwcalc.com/35a0351e5d3e897a

my current gear
    edited December 2012
    I'm curious as to what ppl think about this build beyond the obvious points that more expensive builds are better and you can't use fists.

This seems to get you 60 more dex which is 3 more crit points and 2-4% more damage per hit. Since the arcane hat doesn't give you crit its really just 2 more crit points in my opinion. And I figure you are losing around 1000 hp with the hat. And losing aps with range weps just from using all R8 armor. But 2 extra crits does matter and recasting R8 with NW doesn't cost much and losing the use of fists matters less now that nirvana is unimportant.

I think the biggest issue is that it's a dead end. Even if you find R9 S2 and S3 to be impossible, you know that you can always slowly improve, as there is always something to work towards.

At the very least, I'd swap the R8 recast bow with R9 for the purge. Or Nirvana S3.

Updated the first post with the correct build for "Skyfaller's Empire Set (R9-S3) / Firmament (R9-S3)".
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    G16 Vana is honestly the best defense in the game for an archer, based on its adds, and thats what im aiming for

my current desired endgame
    Full G16 Vana
    Im currently about to make the cape, then i need to get cube necklace, warsong belts, sky cover rings, and get everything refined, then ill dot and be awesome b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]