What to shard?

RealVonDutch - Sanctuary
RealVonDutch - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Blademaster
Hello people,

Im wondering what I should shard my bm with in the main armors.

-Plate
-Legs
-boots
-wrists

This is mainly a farmer and occasional pk'er.

I know JOSD's are the way to go with everything, but I dun feel like paying 100mil a socket.
I have around 400mil to spend at the moment. (Give or take.)
The armors all have 3 sockets and are sharded with immac cit's and cit gems.

http://pwcalc.com/0056d31a529298f6

Grtz Vlad
Sins are Scissors, Psychics are Rocks, and Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.

Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock ...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE.
Post edited by RealVonDutch - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    obviously vit stones if you're not gonna use JoSD although i'd suggest this so you don't have such low mag def. You could shard some sapphire gems if you want that extra mag def in pvp.
    Although if you rarely do pvp, dots would be great for pve with those refines but not sure why you'd pve much on a bm when you have a sin.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Vit Stones on the cheap for PvP, with JoSD being better. I know a lot of people recommend Vit stones for pvp, but basic math:

10k hit:

4 Vit stones: 600hp (its kinda more than that due to vit defenses, but doesnt come close to 800hp)
    8% JoSD Reduction: 800hp

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html

Buttttt.....

If your toon is mainly a farmer, you have two options:

1. Optimize your build in a different way to get better defenses and damage (R8 Recast? Cube necky?). Then shard with DoTs.

2. Keep the build, shard with DoTs.

Your HP is at the "Plenty" to "More than enough" for instances to safely solo without charm ticking. Vit stones would be an utter waste in the build for PvE unless your HP is abysmal, when the 20 or so extra attack levels would help you kill mobs/bosses way faster.

I ran through Nirvana and FF prior to sharding my gear with DoTs, and then 3 days later after sharding the gear. Very, very noticeable difference and I was easily grabbing aggro over most other toons even with +10 Deicides, and soloing FF way easier/faster.

Further note: If you have plans past this gear setup, why not invest and make more coin? Just the R9 axe [Rep, Ring, Axe] is about 1.3b or less - thats only doubling your money twice really (400->800->1600). Really your gear setup is pretty good, and you got lucky with those fists (provided it doesnt also have berserk) - think bigger and invest!
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ok...maybe it's a error in typing...but wtf are JSoD?

Jade Steady of Defense?

It's Jade OF Steady Defense, the "Of" and "Steady" can not be switched around, otherwise you have something that doesn't even exist in the game.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Ok...maybe it's a error in typing...but wtf are JSoD?

Jade Steady of Defense?

It's Jade OF Steady Defense, the "Of" and "Steady" can not be switched around, otherwise you have something that doesn't even exist in the game.

Yea, mistypes happen. Go back to paying more for R8 than R9 costs ya silly :)
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yea, mistypes happen. Go back to paying more for R8 than R9 costs ya silly :)

Won't cost me more :X

The only expensive part of my build will be the r8 chest for -.1 int, the rest is farmable b:pleasedb:pleased
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RealVonDutch - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Hey ppl,

thnx for the input. The gear on the pwcal I allready have. I also have a TT99 HA plate, DOT sharded, but badly refined. Cube necks +11.

Im definitly not gonna R9 my bm, hell even R8 is a waste imo with the gear I allready use.

I just tested it yesterday and Im more then able to solo TT3-3 even when purged. So I might wanna shard DoT for killing speed or mix DoT with prime/savants. I'll prob end up +11 all the gears over time. So probably DoT's is good for future purposes.

I used to farm with my sins, but appearantly I seem to like farming on my bm better... strange...

Thnx
    Sins are Scissors, Psychics are Rocks, and Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.

Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock ...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    edited February 2012
    And yeah I was very lucky with the stats.

Atk, int and vit... Id rather had accuracy, but hey, who cares...

edited February 2012
    Further note: If you have plans past this gear setup, why not invest and make more coin? Just the R9 axe [Rep, Ring, Axe] is about 1.3b or less - thats only doubling your money twice really (400->800->1600). Really your gear setup is pretty good, and you got lucky with those fists (provided it doesnt also have berserk) - think bigger and invest!

The LA's are from my assassin. I have 2 assassins, but even with all +10 gears I feel still squishy during the larger mobs. (except with my R9 gears, but I miss the aps then)

What do you mean with the fists having berserk, since u can only have 1 unique addon.

"obviously vit stones if you're not gonna use JoSD although i'd suggest this so you don't have such low mag def. You could shard some sapphire gems if you want that extra mag def in pvp.
    Although if you rarely do pvp, dots would be great for pve with those refines but not sure why you'd pve much on a bm when you have a sin."

I was thinking about the gear setup like Pytharia suggested, but my HA plate is crappy and I dun feel like spending much for a plate that refines less then my 2nd cast nirvana. I do like the extra mag defense. Like stated I have cube necks.

I do pk a lot, but on my sins/wizzy since they are R9. I am working on my seekers gears (I have the R9 ring allready) I just like the seeker for his tanking abilities. The dmg output on other r9's is still on the low end, but I feel the new patch will make the seeker interesting to say at least...

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If you're stashing the LA from your sin you may as well go with vit stones in the LA that you're sharing, and saph gems for the rest of your budget in the HA gears.

DoTs are ok for PvE, but will get you killed in PvP fast. But seems like you're mostly going for PvE farming set up I assume.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • ineye11
    ineye11 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    G12 Garnet Shard + Phy Marrow.

Will Of The Bodshiva Into R9 +12 Mage

Have Fun
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012

What do you mean with the fists having berserk, since u can only have 1 unique addon.

For some reason I read the attack levels as accuracy, yet the attack levels registered in my brain. Color me jealous, I hope I get the same stats whenever I go for G15 claws.

And yes, I also enjoy farming or PvEing on a BM way better than a sin. Sins are too squishy or its too easy as a sin, I'm not sure which of those bugs me more.
  • ShadowsBack - Sanctuary
    ShadowsBack - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If you're stashing the LA from your sin you may as well go with vit stones in the LA that you're sharing, and saph gems for the rest of your budget in the HA gears.

DoTs are ok for PvE, but will get you killed in PvP fast. But seems like you're mostly going for PvE farming set up I assume.

Hey dandan,

yeah this is mainly for pve. You can see me running around arch sometimes, but ppl don't usually mess with me. And im not a 1 shot for r9's so usually I turn out to be ok.

Would u suggest primes/savants or cit gems .. stupid question... nvm :P
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hey dandan,

yeah this is mainly for pve. You can see me running around arch sometimes, but ppl don't usually mess with me. And im not a 1 shot for r9's so usually I turn out to be ok.

Would u suggest primes/savants or cit gems .. stupid question... nvm :P

For BMs 10 vit = 150 HP > 115 from cit gems. They cost more, so if you can afford it go for them. Otherwise saph gems work almost as well.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI