can and equally geared cleric fight

$hadowNight - Harshlands
$hadowNight - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Cleric
Can a R8 Gear cleric fight any class with R8 and be able to come on top? including sin?

same with R9 can they still fight any class that has also R9

i mean duels, open pvp , and most inportantly open group pvp

Lvl 95 Cleric Current main
Lvl 89 Wizard
Lvl 101 Psychic

Comments

• Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If you know your class very well, and if you know what your opponent can fight with, you stand a chance against anyone of equal gearing.

Or so I've seen. Doesn't that sound pretty?
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If you know your class very well, and if you know what your opponent can fight with, you stand a chance against anyone of equal gearing.

Vs and equally geared Sin you don t stand a chance (unless the Sin is a **** of course).
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Vs and equally geared Sin you don t stand a chance (unless the Sin is a **** of course).

That too. How many sins are there that do not seem to have a mental issue?

• KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Except sins, these gamebreakers don't count.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012

I disagree. While Assassins are very hard to fight at equal gears, the only time you do not truly stand a chance is when all your apo, genie skills, and shells are on cooldown. At that point, you're screwed.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sins are broken. But you can beat just about any class with equal gears and the right situations.

Unless you can 1 shot a sin, you really don't stand much of a chance as they pop right back into stealth at the first sign of trouble. They then wait for their cooldowns and rinse repeat. If they notice that you used long CD items and skills (apoth etc) they might pop earlier to kill you while they are in CD.

Imbalanced would be an understatement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Archers are also quite painful, since kiting and rushing fail.

Sin-wise? Just keep an eye out. If they're stupid and not buffed up, sleep them, freeze them, etc.

PK is all about skill and survivability. Luck is also a huge factor.

• SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sins are broken. But you can beat just about any class with equal gears and the right situations.

Unless you can 1 shot a sin, you really don't stand much of a chance as they pop right back into stealth at the first sign of trouble. They then wait for their cooldowns and rinse repeat. If they notice that you used long CD items and skills (apoth etc) they might pop earlier to kill you while they are in CD.

Imbalanced would be an understatement.

Yeah sure,unless that Sin has Deaden Nerve buff on,in that case, NO you can't 1 shoot him(Maybe with a DoT attack like thunderbal b:chuckle)
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yeah sure,unless that Sin has Deaden Nerve buff on,in that case, NO you can't 1 shoot him(Maybe with a DoT attack like thunderbal b:chuckle)

-.- I obviously meant that unless you can deal enough damage to technically 1 shot (2 shot with Deaden Nerves) a sin.

If you start to channel your 2nd skill before the sin stealths, it tends to still hit even after he enters stealth and he ends up dead on the ground.

And since you want to nitpick:

Perhaps you meant "1 shot" and not "1 shoot".

Also "Thunderball" and not "thunderbal"

DoT? Because Deaden Nerves leaves you at 1 hp after it ticks right? 200 damage/tick isn't enough to cover 20% (35% if Demon) of an average sin's hp.

Also - How many sins PK without a charm nowadays?

And even if your points were valid (which they aren't), you're only emphasizing on the point that I'm trying to make.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I was arguing on the topic not on someone else's spelling so I don't think Im the one nitpicking or whatever.

And yes you can kill a Sin with Thunderball no one mentioned this is"High Level" PvP even lv.39 sins can PvP and who said they must have a charm all the time? lol

And finally on the topic : No with equal gears and equal skills Cleric has near to zero chances to win against a Sin.
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Definitely. I am a r8 mystic and fought a r8 +5 cleric the other day bit better gear then me but usually beat me unless i used rapid growth that thing pwned her b:victory but other then that, her sleep kept my butt there for awhile while she got her big nuke ready nothing my falling petals can't handle b:surrender but was still a toughie but i love dueling other casters ^^
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere