Is there such a thing as "PW vote event"?

MerlinBG - Lothranis
MerlinBG - Lothranis Posts: 36 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
I was told there should be some kind of event "for those who pay real money" which should be called "PW vote event" and if you vote and put your data in, you will get 15 to 20 gold. But I think this is some kind of a fraud, cause the site requires user's password. I know one thing for sure and I don't even need to ask PW staff about it: that no game hosting company needs people's passwords in order to access their accounts. Since this site requires password, I think it's a fraud to steel accounts. This is the link:
-removed-

Note, that I'm posting the link because I think it's a fraud and I don't ask any forum member to click it or fill it.
Post edited by MerlinBG - Lothranis on

Comments

• Merenth - Archosaur
    Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    well by simply accessing the site yourself you probably got hit with a keylogger so if your acct gets **** soon, now you know what happened. Also, the mods take a dim view to posting such links here irregardless of your intentions so... inb4threadclosed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    That site's URL does not include pwi.perfectworld.com in any way.

That, in and of itself, should alert you that it has no legitimate way of giving you gold and is almost guaranteed to be a scam.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    PWI will never ask you for you account information in such a suspect way.

Fuzzy edited OP's post to remove said link just to be on the safe side of things, and if you run into anything like this in the future, hopefully it will be just as easy to spot something that isn't legit.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • MerlinBG - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Well, regarding possible keylogging I can easily take care of the problem, because I have more than one computer and the author of the logger will have a very hard time of finding my password. b:laugh
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'm not sayin, i'm just sayin, virus scan your computer now... full system scan to be safe :P
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well, regarding possible keylogging I can easily take care of the problem, because I have more than one computer and the author of the logger will have a very hard time of finding my password. b:laugh

can you take care of the problem for the other people you exposed to possible infection?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MerlinBG - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    can you take care of the problem for the other people you exposed to possible infection?

Like I said in my first post I don't force anyone to click the link. So anyone who did it - did it on his own risk. Besides anyone can take care of the problem if he or she knows what is and how to use Norton Ghost. ;)