Mystic Pets

Options
reylie
reylie Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Mystic
Hi! :)

I was just wondering if there was any benefit to leveling the pets (cragglord, salvation, etc). All I see is the Energy Leech bonus getting better, but I never use that skill. I also do not plan to get the level 11 versions of the pets.

Thanks for any answers.
Post edited by reylie on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    All their stats and skills get better...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The higher the summon's skill level, the more their base stats are. I think their additional stats (influenced by your gear) are also increased, as well as their skill damage/effects. Lv 11 summons gain an additional new skill as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • /eren - Dreamweaver68
    /eren - Dreamweaver68 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yes. it increases their skills and stats. read the guides.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    reylie wrote: »
    Hi! :)

I was just wondering if there was any benefit to leveling the pets (cragglord, salvation, etc). All I see is the Energy Leech bonus getting better, but I never use that skill. I also do not plan to get the level 11 versions of the pets.

Thanks for any answers.

With the exception of maybe the Sally - YES! You get additional spells with the Sage/Demon skills that are beneficial. I dont get why you wont be leveling everything you can - even if it takes some time to do so..

Some people complain the Sage/Demon Sally seems nerfed in comparision the the regular level 10, and that is the only reason I mention the possible exception.

If I could only afford 1 skill book, Im not sure any of the Pets would be my first choice, but Im definately eventually going to have everything leveled.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The Warp Shield of level 11 Salvation is the greatest thing if you're going to solo heal something. Don't know what exactly is supposed to be nerfed there.

Sally was the only sage summon I really prioritized to get. I can see how level11 mistress would help you greatly with dmg and pk or cragglord with his higher damage, but it's not as crucial as having an aoe shield. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2012
    Options
    The Warp Shield of level 11 Salvation is the greatest thing if you're going to solo heal something. Don't know what exactly is supposed to be nerfed there.

Sally was the only sage summon I really prioritized to get. I can see how level11 mistress would help you greatly with dmg and pk or cragglord with his higher damage, but it's not as crucial as having an aoe shield. :p

People have gotten it and said it doesnt seem to give as good of a Def Buff in level 11, or it doesnt seem to last as long as their level 10 did, something like that. Im not saying they are wrong, cause I've experienced a few weird things with spells - especially when I first got them - from time to time. So, I cant say they did not have a negative experience from what they first expected it to be. That doesnt mean that after some use the issue wont work itself out either.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Post the stats of the level 10 salvation buffs please. I can't check back, my sally is sage.
    I really doubt it's nerfed in any way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2012
    Options
    The buff in question at level 10 gives a shield to absorb 3000 points damage. Improves PDef & Mdef by 5% for 45 secs.

The level 11 read higher, but people say it feels lower.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sage salvation only gains the additional skill. The other buffs stay at level 10 so exactly the same numbers. No downgrades of any sort. So if someone feels like it got weaker, they're just having a very weird feeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2012
    Options
    Really? I thought I read the damage increased to 4000 on level 11 - kk, thanks for the info. b:pleased
  • ichigotomikan
    ichigotomikan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    So is the demon salvation have the AOE shield like the sage salvy? b:pleased
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    demon and sage versions of pets all have the same 3rd skills, so yes the demon sally has the AOE like the sage sally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • /eren - Dreamweaver203
    /eren - Dreamweaver203 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I have personally tested salvation at 10 and 11. while her overall stats went up her two skills remained lvl 10. they covered the same amount of damage (tested vs mobs) and lasted the same length of time. the 3rd skill is great for taking a single hit of damage (since its only like a 600 damage shield) which i find best used during pulls when aggro can jump around.
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Now the question is
    -If you person got 600 damage absorb bubble and Sally cast a 3k absorb on him/her will it overwrite or only absorb 600 damage?
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    if you cast the 600 first, the 3k will not overwrite it.

if you cast the 3k first, the 600 will not overwrite it.

if you cast the 3k on someone, then use the 600, the 3k will remain on the person you casted on, and everyone else will get the 600.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Thought so ._. Pw should really fix how buffs work (If buff is better then the last one you have it should overwrite)