Server Lag

Options
deathrider35
deathrider35 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
Sanctuary server is lagging weirdly today? And it's not just only me, people on WC talking about it too.

What are you pq3 gtichers doin? :OO (if its something u done lol)

Edit: I actually do think its them, since some people are doing the glitch right now as well.
Post edited by deathrider35 on

Comments

• Alusion - Harshlands
    Alusion - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Whatever it is, i got this lag too, and cant do my delta bh cuz of it b:angry
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yeah, vast majority of the server is complaining about lag in World Chat. Honestly, I couldn't even use faction teleport or any of my skills. I don't have the best computer, but mine isn't bad, either.

Lag happened to stop after mobs at glitched PQ3 died..

b:surrender
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Edit: Removed comment.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm glad it's not only me ._.

Lag, random rubberbanding without ANYTHING near, delays attacking, even npcs disappearing. What's going on. =_=
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Saw ppl summon next to 3k mobs (no kidding) on PQ3 my PC died had to restart, when I logged back in there was a ocean of coin on the ground, literally the whole place was covered with coins, this make goonz glitch looks like kiddie level, I don't even want to think how much exp they made in those few mins, but they lagged the hell out of the server.

I know someone who tested the amount of exp you get (Wont say who to avoid naming and shaming) and the EXP most definitely is not worth it at higher levels. Think well over an hour was spent spawning mobs with several people, and one person killed them, not even getting .1% at 103.
  • Zerkster - Heavens Tear
    Zerkster - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    same as HT random freezes lagging like hell, had to stop ff because no one could do anything
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Loads of delays, sometimes even teleporting back from inside to outside archo walls ._."
    Loads of dc's and game crashing. I also had npc's dissapearing or taking ages to reply @_@

/doesn't like this but glad she's not the only one/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathrider35
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Got the event on vid, but pwi crashed when they killed mobs
    Couldn't see glitcher(s) throught the lag and sea of mobs. But got all the mobs and the drops. THey left ina hurry after the glitch though.
    Whatever the heck they are doing, its **** us up...
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    All I see is one faceless alt accusing people of glitching...
    Can you prove it? No? Then just shut it.

IJS there were so many people goon glitching. In instances. Many at the time. If that didn't kill the sever, I highly doubt this thing here could...
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • deathrider35
    edited January 2012
    Options
    All I see is one faceless alt accusing people of glitching...
    Can you prove it? No? Then just shut it.

IJS there were so many people goon glitching. In instances. Many at the time. If that didn't kill the sever, I highly doubt this thing here could...

IDK how to put my image on this.
    Have you even seen the glitch. It's massive. I'll be posting pics once i can post the screenies.
    Yes i can prove it, I don't think that pwi can handle so many mobs in small area.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    How can you prove that the mobs make the server lag... lol
    Or do you have direct administrator access to the server?

So. Show some screenshots.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Greater LA Area experienced an earthquake earlier. As a result some regional routers are down and connecting hubs are a bit overloaded. Additionally there may be some data loss due to damaged lines.

All of this will contribute to lag spikes, DC'ing, ext. and there's nothing PWE can do about it.
    Servers are running fine, and if your connection doesn't go through that area, you're not having an issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathrider35
    edited January 2012
    Options
    How can you prove that the mobs make the server lag... lol
    Or do you have direct administrator access to the server?

So. Show some screenshots.

You weren't directly involved were you?...
    And no, you have a point there, I cant directly prove the mobs caused it. However chances are they did. Seems kinda suspicious that as soon as the mobs were killed and people left that the lag stopped. IJS

Pics and maybe vid coming soon.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Arent there several thousands of mobs on the server as-is who's position and conditions on the open-world map are being kept track of? Something like this may cause heavy lag in the immediate area, but it doesnt seem likely to cause server-wide delay...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm still having delays. Hasn't stopped for me.
    And no, I wasn't involved. I been doing trials with faction the last hours that I didn't spend with homework, so ya...

I just hate people accusing others of doing something bad without proof. Ruining someones reputation forever is so easily done.
  • deathrider35
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm still having delays. Hasn't stopped for me.
    And no, I wasn't involved. I been doing trials with faction the last hours that I didn't spend with homework, so ya...

I just hate people accusing others of doing something bad without proof. Ruining someones reputation forever is so easily done.

I know what you mean. However I really don't like the look of this. And still no mods/gms have yet to post a definitive reply on this topic.

Edit:
    http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s426/monkeysir/2012-01-2516-57-32.jpg
    http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s426/monkeysir/2012-01-2516-51-54.jpg
    http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s426/monkeysir/2012-01-2516-50-55.jpg

Look at mini map, that gray splotch are all the mobs...

Edit: Darn, FRAPS didn't record the 1st part, but it was laggy as hell near the mobs, I can say that much.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I still can't believe that would be worse than multiple FCCs with glitched goons at a time b:surrender
  • deathrider35
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I still can't believe that would be worse than multiple FCCs with glitched goons at a time b:surrender

Maybe. Sadly pwi didn't take all the screenies either, by the time I got close enough to see ALL the mobs, it crashed on me as well. But ut was pretty bad though. When the server starts acting up again, go to PQ3 and check it out for your self. They'll be back. You can bet on it.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I know what you mean. However I really don't like the look of this. And still no mods/gms have yet to post a definitive reply on this topic.

Edit:
    http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s426/monkeysir/2012-01-2516-57-32.jpg
    http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s426/monkeysir/2012-01-2516-51-54.jpg
    http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s426/monkeysir/2012-01-2516-50-55.jpg

Look at mini map, that gray splotch are all the mobs...

Edit: Darn, FRAPS didn't record the 1st part, but it was laggy as hell near the mobs, I can say that much.

Might wanna fix that first SS. I know some of those people were just looking there.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    And now we're back at name calling...b:shocked

Not like this is going anywhere... lol
  • deathrider35
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Might wanna fix that first SS. I know some of those people were just looking there.

You're right, they were, the real glitcher were long gone by then. Though a certain wcer said who they were, couldn't get screenie of it. BTW, how would I edit the screeny? IDK how o.0
  • deathrider35
    edited January 2012
    Options

*Some* people huh? Wouldn't be a certain faction member, would it? lol

But on a serious note, yes those in teh screenie were just looking, I can vouch/verify/ w/e.
  • sk87
    sk87 Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sanctuary server is lagging weirdly today? And it's not just only me, people on WC talking about it too.

What are you pq3 gtichers doin? :OO (if its something u done lol)

Edit: I actually do think its them, since some people are doing the glitch right now as well.

I have been getting lag spikes all day, not sure if it is the same lag yall are getting but it is very annoying on raging tide server.
  • ThaFister - Lost City
    ThaFister - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You're right, they were, the real glitcher were long gone by then. Though a certain wcer said who they were, couldn't get screenie of it. BTW, how would I edit the screeny? IDK how o.0

lol i had lag with a few of my friends as well at PQ3 but there was no one doing the spawning off mobs. We where past the 20 part and doing the 200 mob count part and it lagged like mad and he got killed by some of the normal mobs
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    *Some* people huh? Wouldn't be a certain faction member, would it? lol

But on a serious note, yes those in teh screenie were just looking, I can vouch/verify/ w/e.
    sk87 wrote: »
    I have been getting lag spikes all day, not sure if it is the same lag yall are getting but it is very annoying on raging tide server.

I got lag spikes like mad yesterday while soloing FCC.

It was apparently server side as my ping was 70 m/s.

This is getting quite annoying... i was getting mass DC'ed Tuesday, every 15 to 20 minutes, my catshop and I would get booted, and it would take anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours to be able to reconnect to Sanct (all West coast servers would be unavailable on the servers list).

I reset my Router, in fact, I left it unplugged for 2 hours so I could get into a different IP block, and reset my router and switch, and it made no difference at all. I contacted my ISP and they said they were having no problems. The forums load just fine (for once), so this looks like it's actually game server related for once. >_>

Gonna go play borderlands again I guess, I never did actually play DLC4.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    hmm so maybe the horrible lag i had yesterday in fcc wasnt my computer after all? or well not entirely at least (its a terrible computer i tell you).

would be interesting to know if the PQ glitchers actually have anything to do with it, even though i seriously doubt it right now.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    We didn't have maintenance this week so chances are that the servers are a little overcharged due to them not being rebooted. Though, the lag and delays seem to be pretty bad, worse than other maintenance-less weeks.

This reminds me of those DDOS (or whatever they are called) attacks we had once. I hope this won't be repeated, it was a really bad case.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Greater LA Area experienced an earthquake earlier. As a result some regional routers are down and connecting hubs are a bit overloaded. Additionally there may be some data loss due to damaged lines.

All of this will contribute to lag spikes, DC'ing, ext. and there's nothing PWE can do about it.
    Servers are running fine, and if your connection doesn't go through that area, you're not having an issue.

I posted this yesterday explaining the issues with lag and DC'ing on the west coast servers, but no one seems to have read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I posted this yesterday explaining the issues with lag and DC'ing on the west coast servers, but no one seems to have read it.

i did read it and thought "well mystery solved then" but still curious if the spawning of all those mobs can cause anything funny to happen, as in not making a laggy server better by glitchin PQ like that.
  • MrJenkins - Harshlands
    MrJenkins - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Has anyone had any memory leaks from this game lately? I am on the Harshalands server and 7/10 times I get a Blue Screen of Death. I've read multiple forums about the problems and none of them have seem to help me. The other 3 times, well..............idk wtf it is.