Sage Tidal Protection must be a joke

Options
Arenaceous - Lost City
Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
...and not a good one.

Ik it's a pointless rant, ik there are tons of threads like this, I know everyone knows it already - But it's just annoying.

This skill is the single most broken skill in the entire game, and it's not easy competition with all the other sin skills. I just had the pleasure of fighting one of the few R9 sage sins that not only have awesome gear but are also smart enough to - let's say - go after the wizzy first, target someone else while you expel and then jump back to you immediately when it's gone. Stuff like that.

But they could never wipe a squad of people more or less by himself if he didn't naturally resist 2 out of 3 debuffs. Seriously, you get paralyzed and stunned, badge free, shrink away, he teles after you. You seal. Resist. Instant Sleep. Resist. Squad mate stuns. resist. Zerk crit for 15k through 10k+ pdef and 40+ def lvl. Yea, right.

And it's not just anti stun. Undine, genie spark, even purge - who thinks of a skill like that? It's practically godmode... People use a lot of ressources (casting time, genie, chi) to get a disable landed only for it to be resisted by a freaking passive skill.

/EndRant

...Why am I playing this game again?
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
Post edited by Arenaceous - Lost City on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    pretty sure venomancer swimming mastery is literally the most broken skill in the game. IJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    XD Yeah TP is quite an OP skill. Sage is even more OP.

And it's not a passive skill. That would be more broken than it already is. It's off every minute for 30 seconds.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    XD Yeah TP is quite an OP skill. Sage is even more OP.

And it's not a passive skill. That would be more broken than it already is. It's off every minute for 30 seconds.

Yes, because sins have no ways of kiting for thirty seconds. To be able to do that they would need either a good stunlock, an extra antistun they could activate or the possibility to enter stealth mode. Since none of this applies it somewhat balances the skill. Not.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

• MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    dam I really gotta level my sin - I think I'm going sage........
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Game is broken in many, many ways.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Good Q, why are you still playing the game? do what a lot of us with the rest of our brain did and quit, there's much better games on the horizon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ...and not a good one.

Ik it's a pointless rant, ik there are tons of threads like this, I know everyone knows it already - But it's just annoying.

This skill is the single most broken skill in the entire game, and it's not easy competition with all the other sin skills. I just had the pleasure of fighting one of the few R9 sage sins that not only have awesome gear but are also smart enough to - let's say - go after the wizzy first, target someone else while you expel and then jump back to you immediately when it's gone. Stuff like that.

But they could never wipe a squad of people more or less by himself if he didn't naturally resist 2 out of 3 debuffs. Seriously, you get paralyzed and stunned, badge free, shrink away, he teles after you. You seal. Resist. Instant Sleep. Resist. Squad mate stuns. resist. Zerk crit for 15k through 10k+ pdef and 40+ def lvl. Yea, right.

And it's not just anti stun. Undine, genie spark, even purge - who thinks of a skill like that? It's practically godmode... People use a lot of ressources (casting time, genie, chi) to get a disable landed only for it to be resisted by a freaking passive skill.

/EndRant

ARANECOUS! TEAM???? b:scornb:cool we kill sins in no time!
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    pretty sure venomancer swimming mastery is literally the most broken skill in the game. IJS

b:cry Oh happy days when I could swim faster...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    b:cry Oh happy days when I could swim faster...

u forget barb swim mastery b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So why aren't you rerolling a sin? Who's the dumb one here?

If you want to play PWI, play a sin. If you can't/won't, play another game, or just deal with being useless/gimped.

/thread

Edit: I bet kritty comes come on here and posts one of his oh-so-positive messages about how other classes are useful and fun to play and it's all in how you look at things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

If you want to play PWI, play a sin. If you can't/won't, play another game, or just deal with being useless/gimped.

/thread

Edit: I bet kritty comes come on here and posts one of his oh-so-positive messages about how other classes are useful and fun to play and it's all in how you look at things.

The smart money is on Shelly closing it b:chuckle
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Broken? You mean cheap. Why do you think people roll sins, its full of deliciously annoying skills demon or sage.

If you want to talk broken skills try Magic Shell or Demon BP. magic shell can't be recast, and the one rediculously **** thing demon bp gets only casts on the caster. Makes me wonder if sage bp does the same but no one has ever noticed.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Broken? You mean cheap. Why do you think people roll sins, its full of deliciously annoying skills demon or sage.

If you want to talk broken skills try Magic Shell or Demon BP. magic shell can't be recast, and the one rediculously **** thing demon bp gets only casts on the caster. Makes me wonder if sage bp does the same but no one has ever noticed.

If by BP you mean bloodpaint, sage BP works wonderfully on my barb... It's the sole reason I have a lvl 92 sin.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Broken = Has no counter. (e.g. Tidal Protection, most other sin skills)
    i.e. insanely overpowered

Glitched = has a bug in it (e.g. veno swimming thing)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

/thread

Because not everybody wants to PLAY a sin. I personally loathe them. If they vanished tomorrow, I would not be sad at all. Sure there are a few sins I like who are intelligent and fun to be around--but I HATE their class. I have seen windows that have had buses heaved through them less broken than the Assassins.

Could we all roll sins? Ofc. But then again, we could all roll twitchy archers and BM's too. (Or god ****** forbid, we roll an aps barb and further humiliate the class beyond what it's already been reduced to thanks to APS.)
    Do you know why people don't? It's stooping to EVERYBODY else's level! EVERYBODY has a sin, so they can farm their gear for their mains because there IS NO other way to do it!

This game is all about being "efficient" now. You can shove your efficiency up your poopshoot-- I want to PLAY the CLASS I WANT, without having to make a whole other toon that I HATE just to accomplish it.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I actually got a sin - like everybody else. It's not very great geared, 7k hp, g13 nv +10, 5 aps demon sparked. Just for farming purposes. When I pvped on it I felt so cheap that I couldn't stand it. Guess I'm not the "needs easy win" type of person. I always hear people crying about how that pvp is. But if everyone just rolled a real class on purpose there would be a lot better pvp. But that isn't going to happen.

@TheOwner: Yay.. I seal *resist* you seal *resist* i sleep *resist* you sleep *resist* xD

[x] Vote replace Tidal Protection with Swimming Mastery in mermaid form!

• XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ...and not a good one.

/EndRant

Ill give you a tip on fighting sins that have tidal protection.

Step 1: Buy rep
    Step 2:Get r9 Weapon
    Step 3:Refine
    Step 4:1 hit them

4 easy steps to kill a sin with tidal protection. Hope this step by step guide helped you. =D
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options

4 easy steps to kill a sin with tidal protection. Hope this step by step guide helped you. =D

I am full r9 with +10 wep. Said sin takes 7k from an undined, genie sparked divine pyrogram. Not even enough to tick that sin. That is assuming both debuffs get through tidal which is 11% chance. Also assuming I get to hit him because he obviously goes after me first (smart sin). ALSO you can't one shot a sin due to deaden nerves.

• Burnout - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options

Guess you didn't know that it's possible for a sin to have 20k hp AND 3+ aps + R9 weapon w/ buffs.

Wiz hit hard but we don't go around hitting 20k on demand, especially when that chance is further reduced by 33% and we have to get through deaden nerves 1st.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Guess you didn't know that it's possible for a sin to have 20k hp AND 3+ aps + R9 weapon w/ buffs.

Wiz hit hard but we don't go around hitting 20k on demand, especially when that chance is further reduced by 33% and we have to get through deaden nerves 1st.

Yes im aware. My sin has 9.3k hp with only 1 piece +10 unbuffed. In case you didn't know, deaden nerves also has a cooldown. =)
    Archer Build:
    Sin Build:
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I've never left safe zone or had a white name
    It's okay, we know.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yes im aware. My sin has 9.3k hp with only 1 piece +10 unbuffed. In case you didn't know, deaden nerves also has a cooldown. =)

In case you didn't know, a sin can choose exactly when and how long to initiate any given fight, and choose the most advantageous time (ie....when he has deaden + tidal up).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It's okay, we know.

Actually I pk quite often, and my sin is always in pk. Archer is about 75% of the time, pending what I'm carrying.
    Archer Build:
    Sin Build:
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    In case you didn't know, a sin can choose exactly when and how long to initiate any given fight, and choose the most advantageous time (ie....when he has deaden + tidal up).

Expel works wonders =)
    Archer Build:
    Sin Build:
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Expel works wonders =)

Inb4condensedthorn.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Expel works wonders =)

Yes expel is such a great skill. You use it, then the sin uses condensed thorn and just keeps stunlocking you. Gratz you just bought 10 seconds while wasting your genie. Only time expel is even remotely helpful is if you use it when sealed, against a bad sin and/or in group pvp.

@Olbaze: There you go :O

• Burnout - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Expel works wonders =)

Expel is 9 seconds. I guess Deaden nerves/tidal only lasts 9 seconds then expires. N/m that they can just condensed thorn and CC you or dissapear and reset the fight (with you @ 125 less genie energy).

You're too pro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yes expel is such a great skill. You use it, then the sin uses condensed thorn and just keeps stunlocking you. Gratz you just bought 10 seconds while wasting your genie. Only time expel is even remotely helpful is if you use it when sealed, against a bad sin and/or in group pvp.

@Olbaze: There you go :O

Condensed thorn is **** damage, especially if you have ANY decent gear on you what so ever. The only stun that they could get off with expel on would be Shadow Teleport, since headhunt, tackling slash, and deep sting are all physical attacks, which has a 3 minute cooldown, making it easy for you to Distance Shrink away. There are tons of ways to beat sins, just gotta wait for that one mistake that they make, or you expel. Another easy way is just triple spark, expel at the same time and blast away.
    Archer Build:
    Sin Build:
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Stop talking and Start fighting ... b:irritated in game ofc b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Condensed thorn is **** damage, especially if you have ANY decent gear on you what so ever. The only stun that they could get off with expel on would be Shadow Teleport, since headhunt, tackling slash, and deep sting are all physical attacks, which has a 3 minute cooldown, making it easy for you to Distance Shrink away. There are tons of ways to beat sins, just gotta wait for that one mistake that they make, or you expel. Another easy way is just triple spark, expel at the same time and blast away.

Wow HardToThink is right. You really didn't leave safezone. Condensed Thorn adds water damage for a period. That means that if they use thorn and Headhunt right after, their Headhunt does minor (water damage) to you. Yes it's low damage, but the fact that it does damage allows the stun effect to work on you. Same for sleep or any other skill. So if they use Condensed Thorn they can just keep stunlocking you till the expel duration is over. They also could just use occult ice. All in all Badge from a stun is slightly more effective. Again only against a bad sin tho.

And what do you think a sin is gonna do if they see you three spark + expel? Right, shadow escape for 15 seconds while they laugh at you using up all your chi and most of your genie.