Is Seeker R8 worth it?

Icehart - Lost City
Icehart - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Seeker
For the price and all that is, I'm just trying to figure out the best balance between price and power for endgame gear.
Post edited by Icehart - Lost City on

Comments

• Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    For the price and all that is, I'm just trying to figure out the best balance between price and power for endgame gear.

Well, put it this way:
    If u cant afford better gear than R8, like R9, R8 is the way to go. Is cheap and can be recasted for better stats, set bonus etc.

If you already have nirvana gears, dont plan to recast, dont go for R9 except for sword(again-recast on sword for GoF is the way to go. The rafines per level give the sword very good dmg.)
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If you're into PVE (FCC, Delta, BH), then R8 with moderate to good refines is pretty much all you need. An elemental ornament (typically necklace) helps a lot too considering Seeker's mag def is kind of low.

If you're into PVP... then opinion varies about whether its enough considering all the OP gear floating about in TW and PK in general. b:avoid
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Non-recasted R8 Armor sucks.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1265301

Weapon is fine, recasted weapon is even better. Of course R9 is way better, but if you can't plunk down the cash, go Nirvvy cascade or TT. I saw someone in +10 to +12 full non-recasted R8 and lol'ed for a good 3 minutes.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Icehart - Lost City
    Icehart - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well I mostly just stick to PVE, PVP is just something I do with friends in duels honestly.
    Between Nirvy lionheart, cascade, and r8 recast I guess I'm looking for the one that has the most bang for the buck.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    As I outlined in that post, due to refines, Nirvvy Armor and R8 Sword is best bang for buck PvE wise. Funny enough I had most of this saved in an email.

Now this is provided I do my math correct:

Lets say averaged out, its 25m each TT base Armor. 125m base (that seems low, but whatever). 250 Cannies Each piece, at 300k a canny, thats 375m.

500m total for 5 piece 2nd cast Nirvvy. Let's go ahead and put a price on the 5 attack levels and 10 defense levels of 25m per Attack, 35m per Defense. That's 475m, giving us a net spend of 25m.

200 Wedding Candies = 40m. 2m total for Chest and Legs. Lets say 25m for a WoE.

67m for a total of 5 Piece Rank 8.

25m vs 67m.

Refines at +10:

R8+WoE: 5957
    TT 2nd Recast: 6963

15% increase in HP. And we haven't even gotten to gems yet, and you would be wasting slots in R8 to match Nirvvy's set bonus.

R8 weapon is better than nirvvy stat wise in terms of bang for your buck. Doesn't take much math comparison for it, even factoring in Rep its cheaper. It's also best if you're going the Def levels route (and please do...omg the stuff my wife can do is insane already at 70+ def levels).
  • watertide
    watertide Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    i am thinking doing same thing for my seeker, R8 with refind. Is R8 all u need to get is the reuptation ?? or i miss something ??
  • Exiirah - Lost City
    Exiirah - Lost City Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    R8 for seekers is...okayish. I'm using it until i finish farming my nv weap and armor. I see so many seekers with the r8 weap nowadays that its lost its shine b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2012
    Now while Ill agree that full set of 2nd cast nv gear is better than r8 set I am just wondering what you were thinking when you say that 2nd cast has a net spend of just 25m.

first off you shouldnt count the attack levels cause most 100+ heavy users are going to get that regardless of their armor set. even rank 9 heavy users are going to use the helm and robe for simple fact of its grade and the set bonus. I still have no idea why most seekers think WoCC is the best choice but to each their own.

And even if you did count them into the mix they surely arent worth 25 million each. that number is skewed by at least 10 mil.

Also to make it sound like its 25m vs 67m is wrong too. you never factored in the cost for rep itself, which for all peices of gear and the rep is about 145m for r8 and all 4 pcs armor + weapon. cause if you arent planning on going rank at all no need to waste 100m on gold for rep badges.

But in my case I went r8 full set I already had invested in rep before I hit 100. and I was always setting my sights on r9 anyways. in my opinion spending 500+ million on full nv gear is a total waste. regardless of grade, addons and even set bonus.

If a person can afford to do full nirvana, they can afford to be a bit more patient double that money and get r9, hell the first set bonus of 2 pcs of r9 is +10 def levels so even if u do helm, robe of nv and chest legs of r9 u get what u priced so high and tbh not counting ring or rep is about 500m in itself. So I guess its all just preference in the end.

Heh I never saw that you responded.

Few things:

" you never factored in the cost for rep itself, "

Because you're getting R8 sword regardless.

The rest of your response is flawed by the following factors:

1. This was an attainable budget build with bang for your buck. Meaning maximized effect for money invested. This means you count every bonus you get and compare it to how you would even it out with the other set. Means if you wanted the same set bonus (5 Atk, 10 Def, etc) from R8 as you would have with 2nd cast nirvvy, you factor in shards.

So yes, full bonus wise if you want to compare each set equally, 2nd Cast Nirvana is better.

2. This was not considering R9, since a billion+ coins is typically out of reach of many.

Also noted, I went by what the price was on my server at the time. And your comparison with your story - because you're shooting for r9 - does not count. I would agree whole heartedly if you were CSing up R9 or farming the coin on another toon, R8 is the way to go temporarily. Really, non wedding candy R8 and TT99/90 would be the way to go till you got R9.