Asim's Instance (Dungeon) Guide.

Options
AsimM - Raging Tide
AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
BEGINNER NOTES

First of all, I have to cover all the generic stuff of this guide. This is NOT a guide telling you how to do your instances, just a mere suggestion from my own experiences. This is also NOT a guide telling you how to do your FB19 (one of the first instances) and so forth, this is more of a endgame instance guide. I won't completely ignore the beginner instances, rather I'll just go into more detail into the endgame ones. One more thing before this thing is started...I will not complete it TODAY. I'm not a god of writing guides of perfection. This will change and I will add onto it as time passes, and as I remember stuff relating to it. So...Enjoy!

FB-19

This is one of the first instances you'll ever do if you create a new character, whether you're creating an alternate character or you're just starting up with PWI. It has a nice little weapon reward for the quest if you bother getting (and completing) it. Try getting friends to complete this dungeon, preferably high leveled, to complete it for you. Trust me, I tried completing it myself at level 19 because I thought I was so cool....until I died. Get this quest from your respective class Elder. I do not know about the Earthguard class, someone will have to inform me.

NOTE: Tideborn class does not necessarily have an "FB19", rather, they are asked to kill a certain powerful mini-boss for a rewarding weapon just like a regular FB19. This monster is called "Ocean Tusker."

FB-29

So you started to notice a pattern. Every 10 levels you'll be asked to do an instance as part of an important questline...the cultivation questline. This questline will let you unlock your classes' new skills as your level progresses further and further. Make sure you complete your cultivation to get your "tabs", which let your squadmates who helped you complete it get their share of Experience and reputation. Get this quest from the NPC adjacent to General Summers in Archosaur. The instance for this quest is called "Secret Passage," located north of Archosaur.

FB-39

Oh, so you've passed another 10 levels and you're ready for your next instance? I'm not sure of where this quest is available to you, but get some friends, and go to the Gate of Delirium to continue. This is located in the Valley of Death, southwestern of the City of the Lost.

FB-51

WHAT HAPPENED TO FB-49?!! There is none. This is PWE's way of messin' with your mind. So this instance is actually the first challenging one...let's hope your squad mates know their roles. You'll need a decent geared Barbarian who can keep the aggro off the bosses, and good damage dealers so that the barbarian doesn't need to take that many hits. You'll also need a cleric priest who knows what he's doing...or it'll result in a squad wipe. This'll take place in an instance called Secret Froscovered Grounds, located in Wolf Totem Valley, right smack in the middle of the map (West of Heaven's Tear).

FB-59

Oh this instance is pretty important. You'll get your second chi spark here, and a bunch of brand spankin' new skills that are quite powerful. By now, you probably realized that there's a bunch of higher levels that want to do this for their Bounty Hunter quests and are willing to tag you along for the extra exp. So go ahead and tag along to finish your cultivation along with your FB. This'll take place in an instance called "Valley of Disaster", east of the City of Plume, in King's Feat. Goodluck and enjoy your new 2spark skills.

TO BE CONTINUED: FB69 - Where the trainers becomes suddenly so useless for NEW skills now.
"I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
Post edited by AsimM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    uhm....it lacks tons of information and its generic beyond the concept itself.

IJS

For example FB29 isn't in Secret Passage its in Hall of Decption within Secret Passage...and saying

"but get some friends, and go to the Gate of Delirium to continue. This is located in the Valley of Death, southwestern of the City of the Lost"

It doesn't sound like any suggestion more like an obvious thing.

The rest is pretty much like that...very generic.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    b:surrender It's a good thing you want to make a guide, however there already IS a guide in the appropiate forums...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=163951

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]