General Rules of Conduct

Options
crazy001
crazy001 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Why is there a General Rules of Conduct when you dont control them, you have player say word that dont belong in a game were kids play,b:angry
and you just let it go.
why are you geting all the money from us if your not controling whats going on.
Post edited by crazy001 on

Comments

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This game allows children to play, it is not made for kids.

The TOS states there is a age requirement. b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    because we no longer have active, ingame GMs who are not afraid to swing the banhammer. when my son and i first joined, shortly after the game started, we were delighted with GMs who interacted with the players, helped answer questions, and slapped those with filthy language with bans.

at that time, there was a kind of 'pie chart' on the TOS page, that showed the rule infractions and the penalties for them.....that chart has been gone for years. i wish so much i had taken a screencap of it, because both GMs and players need to be reminded that behind every avatar is a person, and your actions and words can affect them for good or ill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I agree that some people can go over the lines and that is where it is the player being harassed/verbally violated responsibility to take screen shots of it and report the violation.

Because of the lack of direct contact with GM's people push the limits that more further.

There is also the point where you will find some people thinks its ok to drop a few curse words here and there which I feel is ok since I understand the age requirements for this game.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    There are age requirements for this game, as stated in the ToS and the few posts above me. That being said, every parent/child should be fully aware that online interactions can't be rated by the ESRB for the simple fact that people are gonna say rude things, swear, etc. If there's ways to prevent it, they will find away around it. You can't really protect against it unless there's active GMs that ban or warn harmful players.
    If you find it offensive, either learn to deal with it (because there's more offensive material on the internet itself and you can't live under a rock your whole life) or play Hello Kitty Online, because the GMs aren't going to do anything, and if they do, it'll be long after the offensive material is aired.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞