I really like it
+10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
Post edited by Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide on

Comments

• LadyAstraia - Sanctuary
    LadyAstraia - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm liking it too. It's nice not having to wait for your internet browser to load or the extra lag it causes while loading when you want to view your acct or whatever. b:victory
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Meh. I tried it, dont care for it, dont plan on using it. As far as waiting on the browser to load when i want to view my acct info? Takes Internet Explorer (yeah i am one of the few that likes it) on my almost year old midrange labtop about 3 seconds to load it. so yeah thats a really long wait...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
  • LadyAstraia - Sanctuary
    LadyAstraia - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Well some of us don't have high tech computers or laptops that are lag free and browsers take longer to load.
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Well some of us don't have high tech computers or laptops that are lag free and browsers take longer to load.

Hmm seems i need to explain 'midrange'

By this i meanthat around a year ago(or 17 months anyway) I paid 500 dollars at a local sams club (warefouse store like Costco) for a labtop with slightly more RAM than avg and avg parts everywhere else. Not really anymore hightech than any 1 or 2 yeah old cheap computer. Honestly, and i really aint trying to be sarcastic about this, I have friends playing this game with brand new systems that hey custom built and spent 4 times as much on that complain that the cant run this game very well.
    The difference between me and those with so called laggy systems is that i learned how to maintain my computer so that it always runs near its peak performance. I still get lag in Archosaur, I mean really who doesnt? I even still get the occasional DC, although this is more due to my cheapo router than anything else. I simply clean my system every so often and delete programs that are only taking up space. i no longer download alot of stuff outside itunes (which nearly kills my comp to run) or amazon.
    Any older system can run this game and its browser just fine. you just need to take the time to learn how to maintain you system so it runs as its supposed to.

And as to browsers taking long to load? admittedly I was curious about this myself after reading your first statement. I used both my browser and the Core client to load the acct info page and guess what i found? On my system atleast it takes within about 1 sec of the other for both to load the same page. Close enough that without a stopwatch i couldnt really see a difference (no I didnt use a stop watch).
    Still i would rather use my browser to view the forums or the acct info or anything else since i cant full screen the view on the core client. that little window makes text tiny and my eyes hurt after struggling to read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
  • DeIicious - Harshlands
    DeIicious - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I think its really nice, because PWI site usualy lags for me and takes some time to open, and client runs just fine b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I like it but it seems to only work half with me. when i Click for example "Add game" and i click for example PWI and then click my log in name to return to homepage it aint working... and clicking the big "CORE" in the left upper corner doesnt brings me anywhere, makes me have to log out and in everytime i wanan see my homepsage again..... b:irritated And where can I submit my feedback?
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • LishaLove - Archosaur
    LishaLove - Archosaur Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Whats you're thoughts on it?
    I really like it

Steam took the idea first, Seems overdone. Just from a different company. Someone should really notify steam Gm:)
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Whats you're thoughts on it?
    I really like it

What is this CORE Client that people are talking about? I just now heard about it in this topic. Thank you in advance for anyone that can explain it to me.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Chaialyna - Dreamweaver
    Chaialyna - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Has anyone used Core Client with Game Booster? If so, do they play nicely together? I use Game Booster in order to be able to enter/exit the cube and teleport into instances in under 5 minutes, so if Core Client doesn't get along with GB, it won't be installed. Sorry PWE.
    * Celestial Demon Archer * Celestial Sage Psychic * Maybe Sage Assassin * Finally Sage Wizard *
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    meh i dont like core client. takes longer for it to login to account, than to go sleep and back.. ok kidding, but seriously idk why the login takes so long.

secondly It pissed me really off it keep bugging for downloading patches etc for itself, and that blacklight i wanted to try in beta, but gave up cos of core client.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Don`t need another face book look-a-like ****, won`t even try it out, everything that comes from PWE is a fail.
  • Razikeal - Raging Tide
    Razikeal - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    its not a "facebook" type thing, its more along the lines of what Steam is. Personally i think its great, logging in/connecting to my account doesnt take as long as what the person 2 posts above me said, it takes like a minute...not even
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Why the hell would I want to download and run another piece of software from PWE?

This **** should be integrated into the client, or fixed on the web site.

What the hell?

Seriously... PWI's system requirements are based off mid range computers from a DECADE ago.

It's time to upgrade that P4 with 1g ram. Welcome to 2000, the new millennium.

/facepalm

p.s. I'm willing to bet it's safe to say it's time for you to get rid of that 28.8k dial up modem too.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Razikeal - Raging Tide
    Razikeal - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    honestly i think you should all give it a try instead of instantly saying "NO its a piece of ****" just because its from PWE, it is quite fast for browsing forums, launching your games on a whim, easily navigating through all of pwe's games etc etc
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    honestly i think you should all give it a try instead of instantly saying "NO its a piece of ****" just because its from PWE, it is quite fast for browsing forums, launching your games on a whim, easily navigating through all of pwe's games etc etc

No. I don't play any other PWE game and I never will. And even if I did, I don't have a problem with moving my mouse down and clicking on a little thing called an icon. Works wonders.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

My internet browser and desktop do that just fine already, why do I need more software that accomplishes the same thing?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    its not a "facebook" type thing, its more along the lines of what Steam is. Personally i think its great, logging in/connecting to my account doesnt take as long as what the person 2 posts above me said, it takes like a minute...not even

a minute is also forever. doesnt take half as long, just to log the usual way.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)