Was I wrong

Massad - Harshlands
Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
I ran part of an fc last night.

4 sins a bm and a cleric. While I know sins at my lvl can run an fc with no issues (say for some charm burn) the cleric refused to go past the exp room door... Kept saying let sins solo the rest. While the bm is still trying to clear part of the way and us sins are working our ***** off on the bosses.

I finally got pissed enough to run back and try to pk his lazy *** (I say try because of the lag issues I had that just ended up in a fail moment I will admit that). I shadow teleported then hung in the air for about 5 seconds as he ran into the mobs yelling failb:surrender and still died b:chuckle

Anyways I refuse to work hard for someone else to freely reep the benefits and talk **** about how long I am taking. So all I want to know was I wrong for actually wanting the cleric to help?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
Post edited by Massad - Harshlands on

Comments

• Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If people join a party, they're supposed to do their part.

Obviously there are some things certain classes are better at than others ( Archers soloing the tower in Abba, Sins killing Shades, etc. ) and can within reason be expected to solo while everyone else is off doing something else... but if someone outright refuses to help the party, I'd kick them.

Playing dead weight should not be rewarded.

Edit: And just to make it clear, just because a party of 5 Sins and 1 Can'tStealthToon could leave the Can'tStealthToon at the Exp Room Door while the Sins are off merrily wreaking havoc, doesn't mean it should be done. If everyone agrees, fine. But, yeah, expecting the party to do all the work while staying back in safety just spells laziness to me. :/
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'd do the same as you if they refuse to help. Yes, you had many sins there.
    But wtf, a cleric that doesn't want to heal but free exp room? No ty, lazy people can go away o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • IHunter - Raging Tide
    IHunter - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If the sins are going to kill all the bosses, what do you need the cleric in the squad for? At least the BM is killing mobs to get to the heads room. I would have dumped him and added another sin, even if it meant not clearing the heads room in one pull.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Ya know, cleric could thought about charm ticks, and healed to prevent any..
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    BM job (in squad listed): Clear mobs as sin's 1v1 anything they need (shades, bishops, etc)

Sin's job (in squad listed): **** the bosses as fast as their daggers will go

Cleric job (in squad listed): Heal squad members and keep people alive

Nowhere in that list does it say the cleric can be a **** and become lazy and sit his/her *** at the exp room door while the rest of the squad is doing the instance.

Now if your squad had been 100+ and majority of people (usually by 100) are at 4.0 or better then the cleric wouldn't of even mattered, but with the squad i'm guessing you had (99+ at best, 90+ at worst) you should of just kicked the cleric and brought in a second bm.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    squad was 94-98 (was still 98 last night)

Its ironic that the fastest runs I have ever been on were set up as followed

3 demon sins

1 sage sin

1 bm

All under 98

Took out all bosses in under 30 seconds making a total of a 12 minute fc run

So I know its easy without a cleric. but to just say no don't clear anymore I just want exp room who hypers on bosses anyways? Why are you taking to long slash should be dead by now? blah blah blah....b:angry

The bm was actually trying to clear mobs past exp room door so they could continue helping with the other bosses... If I had lead I would have kicked cleric instead of dropping. I actually expected the others to help cleric since that is a nono in most instances (dropping squad to pk) but the only thing they helped with was killing mobs so they wouldn't die from him running into them.

On a final note I have to say... Lag really sucks I got one hit in to lock him in the mobs aggro (sage tackling ftw 11 seconds of immobolize)b:victory In the end its better he dies from mobs. Loses exp that way oh how I love karma b:laughb:pleased
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    When I would run in multi-sin groups on my sin, frequently we would tell the cleric to just wait. But if the cleric insisted on waiting and not helping, hell no, I'd kick him. Besides, if he won't help, he has no right at all to complain about how fast or slow things are going.

You were in the right on this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Mmmhmm, yea...ok..totally...ok...sure...yea.

So what exactly did this cleric do for the first 90% of the run? One moment of laziness can be pardoned in some situations, I mean really, sins need clerics these days?

Were you wrong to get mad at the refusal to help? No, but this is a game and getting mad that easily is something to be concerned with.

Were you wrong to try to pk him? Yes, assuming he did his job for the first 90% of the run.

Were you wrong to get on the forums to try and reassure yourself, lower any guilt or flaunt your own actions? Yes.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • kruze999
    kruze999 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2012

So what exactly did this cleric do for the first 90% of the run? One moment of laziness can be pardoned in some situations, I mean really, sins need clerics these days?

Were you wrong to get mad at the refusal to help? No, but this is a game and getting mad that easily is something to be concerned with.

Were you wrong to try to pk him? Yes, assuming he did his job for the first 90% of the run.

Were you wrong to get on the forums to try and reassure yourself, lower any guilt or flaunt your own actions? Yes.

Uh... yes...ok...yea...
    Path till big room is kids play. One moment? no.. is you just sit at big rooms door and wait for sins to finish rest 4 or 5 bosses i think, its not one moment of laziness!
    There is usually 1 sin that takes all the punishment from the boss and the chances are a) he will burn hes charm and it costs alot now a days.. or b) they will die one by one cuz sin with 2.5 aps (they were 94-98 and at thous lvls thats max aps) cant sustain hes hp against frost bosses.
    ya ya you can say what ever you like but everyone who would meet that level of stupidity would a)Kick hes lazy magical *** of the squad or b)Pull hes robe over hes hed and put your dager in hes spine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Massad - Harshlands
    edited January 2012

The first 10% of the run he came in near the end of the first boss dd didn't heal and made a joke about how he had to revive one of us.

Second boss he complained that we didn't glitch but at least he healed some of the time. after that it was all let sins clear from here. The other sins stayed quiet me and the bm said no your here your gonna help and we worked on clearing mobs. When it came time for the 4th boss I had heard enough. As I already stated above I told him we did not need a cleric our setup would make a faster run then just sins. As for charm burn... I was the sin tanking in these bosses and went from 250k to 100k in a few minutes (the 2 full runs after that I only used up 10k off charm). Something that could have been easily avoided. I wasn't gonna let somebody complain at my expense and hard work and collect the end reward when they don't deserve it.

I don't get angry very easily anyone who has ever played with me can attest to that. And I rarely pk or participate in pvp. So if I do something of the like there tends to be a reason.

As for my guilt and reassurance... I had none... I even got pm's from the other members of the squad saying lol and ty... I was just curious if someone else would have done the same thing in my predicament... Thats why I made this thread... Curiousity not guilt.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    The first 10% of the run he came in near the end of the first boss dd didn't heal and made a joke about how he had to revive one of us.

Second boss he complained that we didn't glitch but at least he healed some of the time. after that it was all let sins clear from here. The other sins stayed quiet me and the bm said no your here your gonna help and we worked on clearing mobs. When it came time for the 4th boss I had heard enough. As I already stated above I told him we did not need a cleric our setup would make a faster run then just sins. As for charm burn... I was the sin tanking in these bosses and went from 250k to 100k in a few minutes (the 2 full runs after that I only used up 10k off charm). Something that could have been easily avoided. I wasn't gonna let somebody complain at my expense and hard work and collect the end reward when they don't deserve it.

I don't get angry very easily anyone who has ever played with me can attest to that. And I rarely pk or participate in pvp. So if I do something of the like there tends to be a reason.

As for my guilt and reassurance... I had none... I even got pm's from the other members of the squad saying lol and ty... I was just curious if someone else would have done the same thing in my predicament... Thats why I made this thread... Curiousity not guilt.

Many people have died to my BM and my sin in frost because they didn't want to do the work, or where being lazy.

Let's just say, when I don't have lead in that instance and people decide that they wanna be lazy I tend to go "Oh? Really....." drop and **** them before leaving (or getting invited back to squad, as multiple occurances have done xD)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Many people have died to my BM and my sin in frost because they didn't want to do the work, or where being lazy.

Let's just say, when I don't have lead in that instance and people decide that they wanna be lazy I tend to go "Oh? Really....." drop and **** them before leaving (or getting invited back to squad, as multiple occurances have done xD)

The only class that can "easily" defeat me are sins, I challenge you to the right to be lazy by rules of combat. If I win you clear the entire place for me without heals. Muahahaha!

Very well spoken. Also liked how you addressed each point.

If the cleric really was as bad as you say then one would wonder how old he is and how long he has been playing his class. In any case he got what was coming in the end.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    The only class that can "easily" defeat me are sins, I challenge you to the right to be lazy by rules of combat. If I win you clear the entire place for me without heals. Muahahaha!

Very well spoken. Also liked how you addressed each point.

If the cleric really was as bad as you say then one would wonder how old he is and how long he has been playing his class. In any case he got what was coming in the end.

Sure, but quick question :>...How we gonna do the fight :<?

You be on Dreamweaver and I'm on Lost City b:surrender

As for the reward, can I dual client for my bp buff ***** or not :O?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Sure, but quick question :>...How we gonna do the fight :<?

You be on Dreamweaver and I'm on Lost City b:surrender

As for the reward, can I dual client for my bp buff ***** or not :O?

Magic my dear, the power of Magic...

And sure why not. I'll even bring my barb along for hp buff.
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I remember dueling future lord..... his shields were so annoying
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Magic my dear, the power of Magic...

And sure why not. I'll even bring my barb along for hp buff.

:O magic :O? You are able to speak the chinese dev magic, or the magic of the universe :O????

and sweet :3. I say the run will take under an hour, actually probably 45 mins. Depends on how quick that boss comes outta the ice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    squad was 94-98 (was still 98 last night)

Its ironic that the fastest runs I have ever been on were set up as followed

3 demon sins

1 sage sin

1 bm

All under 98

Took out all bosses in under 30 seconds making a total of a 12 minute fc run

So I know its easy without a cleric. but to just say no don't clear anymore I just want exp room who hypers on bosses anyways? Why are you taking to long slash should be dead by now? blah blah blah....b:angry

The bm was actually trying to clear mobs past exp room door so they could continue helping with the other bosses... If I had lead I would have kicked cleric instead of dropping. I actually expected the others to help cleric since that is a nono in most instances (dropping squad to pk) but the only thing they helped with was killing mobs so they wouldn't die from him running into them.

On a final note I have to say... Lag really sucks I got one hit in to lock him in the mobs aggro (sage tackling ftw 11 seconds of immobolize)b:victory In the end its better he dies from mobs. Loses exp that way oh how I love karma b:laughb:pleased

I must say I was the bm in that fantastic 12 minute squad, best squad I have ever ran with.b:victory
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    My archer only saw FF for mats until after she was 102, but when I did pick-up squad FFs on my cleric, I often met people who didn't know what they were doing despite their level. My general policy on this was if they were nice and willing to learn, they get to stay, but if they gave lip to people giving them advice (which wasn't always me) I opt to boot them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Awesome job...but your only mistake was not asking for lead then kicking him. b:laugh
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
    edited January 2012
    I remember dueling future lord..... his shields were so annoying

Now 42 defense levels added to my shields will make you go crazyb:chuckle
  • Spazzassin - Lost City
    Spazzassin - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2012

b:shocked you big meanie!! Geez some of us are so mean ..I would never do that b:chuckleb:laugh ....OH YEAH and no Laffin @ my post numbers either I hate forums