Tideborn Hair on a Cleric or other class

Options
2»

Comments

• _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The charge zen = no bans thing is a redic statement.
    I've been banned 3 times so far and I charged over 1k$.

You will get banned. Just not permanently.

CSer's have Permaban Immunity.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Could someone please post the part of the ToS that covers this?

Couldn't find anything in the ToS that is linked at the bottom of the site.
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Basically this is how I see it...

It's bannable, but that doesn't mean you will get banned. Like someone said earlier, if goon glitchers got away with it because it was PWE's fault for not fixing it, then you can say the same for ini editting. If pwi didn't want us touching the files, they should of fixed it so we couldn't touch the files. Basically you might get a warning to change your character, and if they do ban you, it's going to be some pathetic 2 day temporary ban.

If they want to ban people, it's going to be the "worst offenders." A hair tweak or eye change isn't going to be a "worst offender." The worst are the ones that change hair, eyes, and make the character super fat/skinny/extreme proportions all in one. Don't do that, and you should be fine.

The European servers allow it, so if you are really worried about getting in trouble, make a character on there instead. It's the same exact game, just move to another server. Try Lothranis.

Most other players don't even bother reporting others for it anymore, since it's a waste of time to try and ticket anything anyway. It takes them over 3 days just to get anything back to you, and they won't do anything. GMs rarely go in game anymore, so there isn't some huge chance you would be seen. EG eyes aren't noticeable to someone running by unless they are just really looking for it. There isn't even a point in snitching.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Back in the day, Gm's were REALLY hellbent on enforcing the "no ini file editing" rule... Today, you see about 10 barbs with mohawks and skinny/fat chars and LOTS of EG eyes/hair/TB hair. There's really no enforcement on it these days, and even then, how can they justify not banning goon glitching when they ban ini editing?

If i remember right, the skinny mohawk barb was a buggy preset that came along with the genesis expansion. And since that preset was 'official' from PWI, GMs had no choice but to allow people make barbs with that preset till got removed.

Last time I tried to 'import' a new class hairstyle onto an 'old' class, the hairstyle was too messed up. You can use old hairstyles on the new races, but not the opposite. Or at least not with all hairstyles, just some of them.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Basically this is how I see it...

It's bannable, but that doesn't mean you will get banned. Like someone said earlier, if goon glitchers got away with it because it was PWE's fault for not fixing it, then you can say the same for ini editting. If pwi didn't want us touching the files, they should of fixed it so we couldn't touch the files. Basically you might get a warning to change your character, and if they do ban you, it's going to be some pathetic 2 day temporary ban.

If they want to ban people, it's going to be the "worst offenders." A hair tweak or eye change isn't going to be a "worst offender." The worst are the ones that change hair, eyes, and make the character super fat/skinny/extreme proportions all in one. Don't do that, and you should be fine.

The European servers allow it, so if you are really worried about getting in trouble, make a character on there instead. It's the same exact game, just move to another server. Try Lothranis.

Most other players don't even bother reporting others for it anymore, since it's a waste of time to try and ticket anything anyway. It takes them over 3 days just to get anything back to you, and they won't do anything. GMs rarely go in game anymore, so there isn't some huge chance you would be seen. EG eyes aren't noticeable to someone running by unless they are just really looking for it. There isn't even a point in snitching.

Yeah cause we all know how hard it is to simply put a lock on certain folders... *sarcasm* So a 2-day ban is the highest punishment for minor .ini edits? b:question

And as for reporting... Don't do to others of wich you don't want others to do to you (some ppl like to report others out of jealousy)... Meaning if you see something that isn't realy ruining the game... Pretend you didn't see it... Be someone that can be trusted instead and good things might also come back at you... b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin