Why are there beginner levels even more easy than now?

Yulk_owns - Lost City
Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Is this a joke? I am not trolling ... Way to make newbs go in god mode for levels 1-30... If you think I am lying... P.DEF, M.DEF, HP and MP + 50 matching bonus is ridiculously OP. How does levels 1-18 even need this overkill stuff? To tank have an easier time with FB19 or something?

Corona set
http://pwcalc.com/9462109d91b6d4f3

Halo set
http://pwcalc.com/4324042ebacd34d1

Sirius
http://pwcalc.com/8c2e7a904985604b

Hitting above 80% you take is reduced without doing a thing is utterly OUTRAGEOUS. Mobs at level 1-10 are a complete joke even without armor ... >_> They tickled then...
I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Yulk_owns - Lost City on

Comments

• Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    b:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Yulk is back b:shocked
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I do remember getting my *** handed to me by those mobs by Timberfiled way back then and had to keep farming life powders. This ofc does put 1-30 at easy mode, creating more fails later on. Anything to get them to 101 faster and easier so they can start buying R9s.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    I do remember getting my *** handed to me by those mobs by Timberfiled way back then and had to keep farming life powders. This ofc does put 1-30 at easy mode, creating more fails later on. Anything to get them to 101 faster and easier so they can start buying R9s.

Like people would even play those levels without the gear, though... Without it, most of them would either quit or get run through FC until they get way past 30. In my opinion, it's a necessary evil.b:surrender
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Like people would even play those levels without the gear, though... Without it, most of them would either quit or get run through FC until they get way past 30. In my opinion, it's a necessary evil.b:surrender

I agree, I quit after i played this for the first time because i thought the beginning was slow. I came back 6 months later, stumbled upon awesome faction, and well... here we are.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I never died in timberfield even when i was new x.x, at the time when i used to be a novice player (each class), i just never died from under 20s XD except on archer when i was really new where i died a lot and found a fix for it.

That's not even funny if this is a joke... b:surrender

I never had a problem from 1-30 except on archer from the beginning...

Having OP skills on each class is enough... especially 59 ones b:surrender
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    It wasn't a walk in the park, but it wasn't ungodly hard either. Sure, we died a few times when pushed too far trying to finish off that one mob before we meditate to heal, but we learn from it. Afterall, everyone did make pass 30 back then. I'm talking regarding to new players, since alts will just get power leveled. They don't know about or have the option to do FC, and these sets is making things so easy that they breed failures like Sin the easy mode breeds failures. Stash was a welcome help, but this? Might as well give them a level 50 weapon at the start too.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I've only been saying this ever since genesis came out.

Personally, I refuse to wear the easy-mode armors. The old armors are better-looking anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Personally, I refuse to wear the easy-mode armors. The old armors are better-looking anyway.
    I don't use them because I don't play my alts that frequently, and they end up expiring before I outlevel them. Logging in to having no gear kind of sucks. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    To get to endgame content. With new expansions coming out do you really expect people to grind half a year to get to level 90 like we used to have to? Listening to ya guys makes me feel like I'm listening to my grandparents telling me they had to walk through the snow and up the hill because their family couldn't afford a car.
    edited January 2012
    To get to endgame content. With new expansions coming out do you really expect people to grind half a year to get to level 90 like we used to have to? Listening to ya guys makes me feel like I'm listening to my grandparents telling me they had to walk through the snow and up the hill because their family couldn't afford a car.

When was the last expansion that started at level 90?

I'm sure TONS if people enjoy the vast endgame content of doing 2 BHs a day and afk at Archo of level 100+.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    When was the last expansion that started at level 90?

I'm sure TONS if people enjoy the vast endgame content of doing 2 BHs a day and afk at Archo of level 100+.

Non-sense most of our end game content is leveling YET ANOTHER alt to 100 :D
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Non-sense most of our end game content is leveling YET ANOTHER alt to 100 :D

QFT.

Doesnt everyone have a 100+ char of every class?... I thought that's how you beat the game b:chuckle
    <3 b:cute
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Level 1-30 can be passed using NPC white equipment.

If someone can't do it, then he/she is fail player and must power level up to 105 because he can't play.

Edit:

From PWPedia Experience Points:
    PWpedia wrote:
    New levels are easier to acquire at lower levels, but become progressively more difficult to reach at higher levels (see the table below).
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Dont mind him, he isnt much more than PWI's Yes Man.
    edited January 2012
    And he wonders why people often think he's paid by the can-do-no-wrong-whatsoever PWE.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Dont mind him, he isnt much more than PWI's Yes Man.

If only you knew...b:shutup
  • Aezwen - Archosaur
    Aezwen - Archosaur Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Umm... gee
    Don't like? Don't use
    Simple as that
    The npcs will still sale normal gear
    b:lipcurl please fix my avatar
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Umm... gee
    Don't like? Don't use
    Simple as that
    The npcs will still sale normal gear

Yup lol +1
    But some ppl even complain about good stuff. I like the armor and i use it. I like the stats and the look, its awesome for a lowbie :). When i'm bored i can hyper a toon to +30 in an hour this way (i can also solo frost them, but sometimes i like it this way).

And ofc ppl dont fail later cz they had a good lowbie gear lolz. U dont have alot of skills in this lvl range anyway. Most ppl fail cz they act in squads like having r9/+12 gear but have just Molds/HH90/+2. Some kiddies like the aggro style and get even more aggressive when squad wipes cz of their behavior. Those r normally known by the player base and every1 avoids to do anything with them. Thats y they often aggro trash talk in wc for hours :D
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    A bunch of kids crying about 1-19 quests cause they have OP armor... Please...

Are you ppl like this on real life jezzz , if so im glad i dont hang aroud you ppl.b:bye
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    They're there because the lower levels suck and you all know it.

Don't like it?

Too bad, the new expansion makes those new levels only easier by adding in two npcs that gives you ton of scarlet fruits and fantasy during the newb levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I remember when I first started on my BM, my first ever toon. It wasn't until I was like 45+ that I realised where and how to get something other than armor from an npc or mob drop b:laugh Ah they were fun and challenging times. And I didn't know the cash shop existed!
  • magicsabre
    edited January 2012
    They're there because the lower levels suck and you all know it.

These were best levels in all game.

More than few levels for one day at levels 30 - 60 were better than day of nothing new at 82 level.

Quests at low levels are more interesting than repeating dailies at high levels.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    magicsabre wrote: »

More than few levels for one day at levels 30 - 60 were better than day of nothing new at 82 level.

Quests at low levels are more interesting than repeating dailies at high levels.

If this was 2008, maybe.
    Those levels suck now if you haven't noticed.
    Also whatever character you're playing at those levels have yet to reach their full potential thus making combat repetitive.
    At least when you hit 59 you have almost all skills available.

Also, the grindy quests were never interesting, there is a reason why after doing them once/twice/thrice/9001 times people want to power level their alts.
    At least some of the dailies can give you some rewards other than **** poor exp and sp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magicsabre
    edited January 2012
    If this was 2008, maybe.
    Also whatever character you're playing at those levels have yet to reach their full potential thus making combat repetitive.

Also, the grindy quests were never interesting, there is a reason why after doing them once/twice/thrice/9001 times people want to power level their alts.
    At least some of the dailies can give you some rewards other than **** poor exp and sp.

Sometimes Oracles dropped by mobs were like small party for my character.

He could kill bosses and mini-bosses solo... or tank them at least.

Now it is not interesting for most of players.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    magicsabre wrote: »

I dont think the fun was that, but the way you wanted to lvl wondering wich skill or wich power you gonna have next.... since on low lvl u lvl faster, but at 20s killing same mobs all over and cultivation 29 pls kill xx kill yy for one drop that never drops is quite boring....
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    What made those levels fun were the people always around all of the areas, not the quests themselves. I think that's why most people powerlevel alts now.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If this was 2008, maybe.

The rewards aren't ****-poor early on, though. Between standard quests and dailies as you get them, you can easily hit 40 or even 50 without ever needing to grind without a quest to do. And at that point, BH picks up the slack.

Things only start to become grind-y around the 60s, which is when I usually do the majority of the Tideborn chain to supplement my BH/CS/etc. By 70, you can reasonably start doing cube for exp, finish up the TB chain, and use any Orbs of Culti/Brainpower Orbs that your main (if you have a 100+ main) manages to get from BH. And by the late 70s you can venture into FF and actually be useful.

The last character I leveled was my barb, and I took him from 38 (where I had left him over a year ago) up an to FF-capable level within a month or so, and without ever needing to do straight-up grinding. Not once.

This isn't rocket science, guys. The game is entirely playable without resorting to head buying. If you want to benefit from a character, play that character. If you're so bored with the game that you want to skip over 90% of its actual content, then you should stop kidding yourself and just quit.

(I am using a generic "you" here, not you specifically Bubbles)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited January 2012
    Yeah those levels sucked, and everyone should just start at level 30! Or better yet, 101. Play the game to level? What a hassle.