TW Suggestion

Options
Cristalwhite - Harshlands
Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Suggestion Box
Hello,

I have a suggestion about tw.
I would like to make a voting about that but i dont know how.
ok here is the suggestion:

Cut the amount of people who can enter the TW down to 20 people per faction.
so that at the end only 40 people fighting in tw.

Why?:
Because most factions dont have more active people than about 10~20 at once.
thos rare factions who have more active people can totally own TW.
like actually Catalyst in Harshland, or zulu in the past.
ofc its also about gear, tactic and tw experince BUT:
give other factions a chance by cutting down the amount of people.
a small number of people also increase the value of tactic/strategie.

Update:
not every territory have to be like that.
You can make some territories accessible for 160 people (80 per faction)
some others for 120 (60 per faction), 80 (40 per faction) , 40 (20 per faction).

this will make it easier for bigger faction to hold a couple territories
but will give small faction also a chance.

why should only the biggest faction be able to enjoy the TW b:surrender

b:byeb:

i have another suggestion related to the new update which is coming soon.
since you give the classes new skills i wanna ask if
you can increase the channeling of the wizard healing or give them a AOE heal.
wizard healing compared to mystic heal or psy heal is kinda ridiculous.

ps.: i know there is a suggestion box, but the topic is so huge, that people lose
the trust in it, so did i.
who would read the huge thread anyway....
Post edited by Cristalwhite - Harshlands on

Comments

• Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    As someone in a TW faction, I dislike that idea. Just because your faction isn't active enough to properly TW doesn't mean we should be punished for it. 80 vs 80 TW is one of the main reasons I still play this game. I love it, the strategy, the teamwork, the collaboration and the absolute rush of amazement when you pull off a stunning victory. I'm sorry but this idea to me is like rewarding all the kids who participated in a spelling bee.... just no, you reward the top three only. They obviously worked hard to get that way so that they could win.

As for skills, there are other threads on these forums with those skills that are to be released, I suggest you go look at them.
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ofc if i was rank 9 and part of the biggest faction i would love to rush all small faction down to the ground.

sorry but how pathetic is that.

lesser people means bigger challenge for you too.
    i guess you dont want that.

Update:
    ok well we can make a compromise
    Suggestion update:

change the territories that way that some territories can be fought with 80 people some other with 60
    and smaller one with 40
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Can't tell if troll or stupid. Or maybe just Harshlands is that dead.
    edited January 2012
    Options

obviously you are a troll.
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Its not pathetic, on my server there are 4 top TW factions and a good handful of smaller factions that TW against each other. If those smaller factions can TW together and build up their factions, then so can others, my own faction was branched off of a top faction and it struggled for a while before it eventually got better. The top factions all had to make a name for themselves, they all had to work hard for it.

And I enjoy the 80 vs 80 part of it, without that you get rid of a lot of teamwork and it becomes a crystal rush, which faction can get there first. Because if you have 4 cata on the crystal and only 20 people in a TW... yeah good luck you aren't going to be able to get them off the crystal easily... 80 people allows for a definite defense and offense and a strategic collaboration between the two. If you lowered it to only 20 (which btw most low level factions get steam rolled with 1-3 squads anyway) the entire instance would have to be changed.

They originally were supposed to have a 40 vs 40 faction war thing, but they never implemented it. That would probably be closer to what you want. TW is fine the way it is, it's a strategic capture the flag type thing and it works, as the saying goes, don't fix what's not broken.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i guess you missd my update: pls say what you think about my update.

basicly i understand that 80 vs 80 is cool.
    but in harshland there are actually only 3 faction on the map.
    "catalyst" owns 80% of the land. "crimson" and sister faction "crimsonJr" owns 20%.

and befor genesis update "zulu" owned every territory.
    and i remember that on other server befor the update, they had similar situation
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lulz 20v20 would be an empty battle, very boring.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Basically I think she is pointing out that this game needs more organized group pvp. I say leave TW the way it is, but implement some other ways, not involving territories, that allow groups of people to compete. Just please leave the SP out of it
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    OP is ****?

so here is the deal:

our faction holds over 50% of the map
    ok, 3 factions attack on saturday

we have 120 people online and gotta split forces to 3 wars ( wow 40!)

so, like 2 of those attacking factions can pull out full 80 = outnumber === chance to win!

so if you cut it to a max of 20 or 40, the landholding faction will almost auto-win ALL 3 wars since they have full TW

oh and quite stupid to make it max 20 people

that means only 60 can go tw when there is 3 tws, what does the other half of the online faction do? eat pie?

thats just ... silly

edit: and whatever happened to AOEs on groups of 20+ people?
    i like potato
  • MaidenChina - Harshlands
    MaidenChina - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Forget it Cristal--not many other server have this festering disease known as "one faction has completely taken over the map since the server began."

Suggesting any sort of TW fix that may prevent that would just make them whine more.
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Shortening the amount of people in TW? Eww. No.

Annually reseting the TW map? I think that would be great.
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Forget it Cristal--not many other server have this festering disease known as "one faction has completely taken over the map since the server began."

Suggesting any sort of TW fix that may prevent that would just make them whine more.

i think you are right b:sad
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    Options
    They had 40 vs 40 guild base TW, but it got cancelled.

Personally, I would prefer that they switched to actually learning the code and fixing some bugs than try to introduce something new with more bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    They had 40 vs 40 guild base TW, but it got cancelled.

Personally, I would prefer that they switched to actually learning the code and fixing some bugs than try to introduce something new with more bugs.

my suggestion is more likly a fix of old code.
    not really totally new, well a little bit new, depending what they would do.
    but basicly you are right, there are lots of things need to be fixed.
    like the warsong environment.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lulz 20v20 would be an empty battle, very boring.

Huh?

Other MMO's have the option to do 15v15, 20v20, 30v30, 40v40, 80v80, and 120v120 PVP, aside from open world PVP.

Do you think 15v15 PVP is dead in those games? No, it's actually way the ****ING HELL more alive than 80V80 TW is on this game. You can do PVP in other MMO's as often as you damn well please, you can level your characters off it, it's based on level brackets, it's fun, fast paced, and (that one other thing PWI is lacking) Balanced.

Then again, when you're in a 40V40 PVP in other games, your actual squad has 40 people in it, so healers with AOE heal can heal anyone in range. Buffs buff everyone in the PVP on your side. Smart, eh?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    PW needs to fix that stupid cube arena. It could be much better. They also need to add the scarlet arena and fix the previously working arena. There is quite a bit of pvp content that was never added and they did nothing to compensate for it besides wushu.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The real problem with TW is the HUGE, HUGE GAP between Rank gear and other gear--it's absolutely out of control.

Harshlands has been dominated by the same people, over and over, since the server started. First it was QQme, then Over9k, then Kingdom, then Zulu, and now we're stuck with Catalyst.

The only difference is the gear over the years....but at least back when Zulu was around, I could fight them evenly when they were all wearing +12 Nirvana, and I was in TT90 green. NOW I can't walk six feet in Tiger Event without being a oneshot by some 15 year old kid with his mommy's credit card flouncing around in Recast +12 R9.

It's not TW that's broken--it's the players; the gear that has been released to us by these dimwitted people who call themselves developers has put such a gap between F2P and P2P that there's not even a fair chance to fight back.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yes, the power difference between rank9 and non rank9 is huge

its sort of game breaking,

but one day you have full+12 rank9 too and you know you didnt pay what they paid, and then
    rank10
    i like potato
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yes, the power difference between rank9 and non rank9 is huge

its sort of game breaking,

but one day you have full+12 rank9 too and you know you didnt pay what they paid, and then
    rank10

Rumor has it that R10 only has a ring...but rumors is rumors...b:surrender
  • Itori - Lost City
    Itori - Lost City Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Well, as someone has said before...

If you cant defend the land you dont deserve the land ?

I was interested in TW ever since I joined the game, back then it seemed futile though since 1 guild seemed to have a monopoly on the map. Then the reset came and a bunch of guild exploded onto the map, and after all that time (nearly a year hasnt it been?) you can see who stays, those who rose and those who fell, and I think if some of the smaller guilds actually got together so they could have decent numbers they might have a chance to get on the map. But people are stubborn and merges dont always work out so great.

So you want to TW? what will you do. I set out to join a TW guild. So I did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no shame in losing when there is no honor in winning.
  • MomoYukino - Lost City
    MomoYukino - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Well, as someone has said before...

If you cant defend the land you dont deserve the land ?

I was interested in TW ever since I joined the game, back then it seemed futile though since 1 guild seemed to have a monopoly on the map. Then the reset came and a bunch of guild exploded onto the map, and after all that time (nearly a year hasnt it been?) you can see who stays, those who rose and those who fell, and I think if some of the smaller guilds actually got together so they could have decent numbers they might have a chance to get on the map. But people are stubborn and merges dont always work out so great.

So you want to TW? what will you do. I set out to join a TW guild. So I did.

Was that Conqueror or Essence b:chuckle

And gratz on your land, gj b:victory
  • Itori - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Was that Conqueror or Essence b:chuckle

And gratz on your land, gj b:victory

LOL

well I've only been in two "real" TW facs and that would be CT and the one I'm in now b:chuckle

And I totally called pink. Or something nicer like pee yellow, poo brown and puke green. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    "catalyst" owns 80% of the land. "crimson" and sister faction "crimsonJr" owns 20%.

I lol'd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MomoYukino - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    LOL

well I've only been in two "real" TW facs and that would be CT and the one I'm in now b:chuckle

And I totally called pink. Or something nicer like pee yellow, poo brown and puke green. b:shutup

No I meant the monopoly you were referring to... I think that would have been pee-yellow Essence right.

CQ had red before that, ah good times. b:thanks
  • Itori - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    No I meant the monopoly you were referring to... I think that would have been pee-yellow Essence right.

CQ had red before that, ah good times. b:thanks

Yep it was Essence

I'm not old like you! b:cry

and I know CQ had red and I think someone else got red at the reset but they didnt stay very long, time to drench the map in blood b:shocked

p.s. Now I remember why TW sucked before that reset.. Mirages, anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cevil1
    cevil1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    To thread creator: Stop whining and go level up.
    Don't like 80vs80? Quit PWI and start Sims. Bye
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options

It's less active than LC from what I could tell. I logged in and checked things out cause I was thinking of going back to my archer and getting to end-game but decided against it.

Both servers are ghost towns compared to how they were a year and a half to two years ago.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MomoYukino - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yep it was Essence

I'm not old like you! b:cry

and I know CQ had red and I think someone else got red at the reset but they didnt stay very long, time to drench the map in blood b:shocked

p.s. Now I remember why TW sucked before that reset.. Mirages, anyone?

I'm not old xD I'm just a noob.

Yes that would be Coven, they were first to take land after reset.

And yes TW pay was why I quit the second time. Glad they fixed that.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    cevil1 wrote: »
    To thread creator: Stop whining and go level up.
    isnt lvl 101 high enough? o.O
    b:cryb:cryb:cry
    i love whining here you get more my troll
    b:cry
    cevil1 wrote: »
    Don't like 80vs80? Quit PWI and start Sims. Bye
    yes it seems that pwi want to lose people that way,
    thank you mr.troll.
    i wonder who you will oneshot when everyone like me leave pwi.
    b:laugh
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I like your suggestion update.

Major citys should be 80v80 which of course would always be held by Huge factions. smaller plots of land could have a cap of how many could join in that specific TW. The rewards would have to be re-thought out though.

You should make a Poll though that way we could see how many people actually support the idea and how many don't.

Don't feel bad about the flamers, your ideas a good one and most people who agree with you won't post because they don't care to be insulted or get into an arguement with people.