some changes to some veno skills

anwynd
anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Suggestion Box
im very bored right now and random **** is flying through my mind. I feel like seeing some reactions and thoughts from you peoples so here it goes these are my ideas.
-consume spirit-make it a seperate skill from the fox attack tree and make it useable in both forms. I think it should be changed to something like bloodpaint but for mp and it only works with spells.(thnks Bellarie) It should last half an hour as a buff. The only classes that can get the buff are the following: venomancer,wizard,psychic,mystic,cleric, and seeker.
-malefic crush-instead of reducing a foes mp it should reduce the foes chi by 1 spark. The cooldown should be increased to 1 minute.
-crush vigor-i think it should be changed to this. A buff is placed on the caster for 1 minute when the said caster attacks a foe the foes chi gaining abilities are halfed. This includes their class skills,genie skills,and apoth items that increase their chi. Example: A player uses an apoth that will increase their chi by 1 spark but they will only gain 50 chi when they have this debuff. The debuff lasts 20 seconds. The cooldown should be increased to 2 minutes and should cost the caster 50 chi.
-foxform-it should increase the players attack rate by 10%.
-summer sprint-it should last for 30 minutes
-leech-it should be seperated from the fox form tree. It should be changed to a buff exactly like blood paint but it will only work for all the classes that a sins bloodpaint doesnt work on.

well those are my ideas tell me what you think i cant w8 to see what you have to say.b:chuckle
Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
Post edited by anwynd on

Comments

• Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    anwynd wrote: »
    im very bored right now and random **** is flying through my mind. I feel like seeing some reactions and thoughts from you peoples so here it goes these are my ideas.
    -consume spirit-make it a seperate skill from the fox attack tree and make it useable in both forms. I think it should be changed to something like bloodpaint but for mp. It should last half an hour as a buff. The only classes that can get the buff are the following: venomancer,wizard,psychic,mystic,cleric, and seeker.
    -malefic crush-instead of reducing a foes mp it should reduce the foes chi by 1 spark. The cooldown should be increased to 1 minute.
    -crush vigor-i think it should be changed to this. A buff is placed on the caster for 1 minute when the said caster attacks a foe the foes chi gaining abilities are halfed. This includes their class skills,genie skills,and apoth items that increase their chi. Example: A player uses an apoth that will increase their chi by 1 spark but they will only gain 50 chi when they have this debuff. The debuff lasts 20 seconds. The cooldown should be increased to 2 minutes and should cost the caster 50 chi.
    -foxform-it should increase the players attack rate by 10%.
    -summer sprint-it should last for 30 minutes
    -leech-it should be seperated from the fox form tree. It should be changed to a buff exactly like blood paint but it will only work for all the classes that a sins bloodpaint doesnt work on.

well those are my ideas tell me what you think i cant w8 to see what you have to say.b:chuckle

It seems to me like you are more or less saying that you want to do away with the fox form tree; one thing that drew me to play a veno was the "half mage, half melee" aspect of it. Being able to switch between them to suit the situation is interesting and I enjoy it. I wouldn't want the fox tree skills to be added to the caster side, and vice versa, as it would defeat the purpose of the class mechanic. As for the skills themselves:

-consume spirit-I can agree with this, it would be pretty interesting actually, but it would have to be made to work only with spells. Also, I'd prefer it kept as a fox form skill.
    -malefic crush-iPersonally, I'm not into PvP, so a chi reduction is just as useless to me as the MP reduction; I'd rather it give some sort of debuff instead, perhaps slower attack rate and channeling speed.
    -crush vigor-I think this skill should stay as is in terms of general effect, but I do think the chi lost per second needs to be much, much higher for it to be of any use. Perhaps 20, or even 30 chi per second.
    -foxform-I can agree with your suggestion here completely.
    -summer sprint-Nice suggestion, but I personally don't think it's really necessary. My Summer Sprint almost never wears off, because I make sure to recast it frequently, just like with a BM's Golden Bell.
    -leech-I think this skill should stay as is. I spend the majority of my time in fox form, and this skill has saved my a$$ too many times to count. There are some bosses that I can backup tank only because this skill helps keep me alive.
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Consume spirit- I somewhat agree with your suggestion, consume spirit is basically useless right now. So we could have something unique with it and make it a squad buff (for nearby squad members that is for clerics, wizards, mystics, psychics and of course other venomancers) when it hits on contact for MP instead of just little bit of MP (225-500 MP). Sage / Demon version is fine

Crush Vigor- It is fine as it is, for PVP it helps great on venoes with certain amounts of APS, 2.22 APS is 17.76 to 33.3 chi per second in chi deduction, along with your pet hitting (at 0.8) would be roughly 3 attacks, meaning 24.16-45.3 chi per second.

Fox form- It is fine as it is, barbarians have HP and Speed bonus from tiger form with a physical attack penalty. Venomancers have accuracy and physical defense (a lot gained) bonus from fox form with max MP penalty. Adding another bonus would not be great idea in my opinion.

Summer sprint - As long as it is 5 minutes or above, I see it fine as it is because there is completely instant and does not delay while you are battling anyway.

Leech - I am not too sure, it works really great right now, but I do believe that a few % of damage dealt (possibly 4-5% per leech) and it is guaranteed to steal 4%-5% of damage dealt by the user when the target is hit.

My replies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It seems to me like you are more or less saying that you want to do away with the fox form tree; one thing that drew me to play a veno was the "half mage, half melee" aspect of it. Being able to switch between them to suit the situation is interesting and I enjoy it. I wouldn't want the fox tree skills to be added to the caster side, and vice versa, as it would defeat the purpose of the class mechanic. As for the skills themselves:
    i didnt want to do away with it i just thought from my perspective that the skills(not including leech,summer sprint,and fox form) werent that useful imo so i thought if they were changed it would be easier if they were usable in both forms-consume spirit -I can agree with this, it would be pretty interesting actually, but it would have to be made to work only with spells. Also, I'd prefer it kept as a fox form skill. good point i think i will edit that into my post
    -malefic crush
    -iPersonally, I'm not into PvP, so a chi reduction is just as useless to me as the MP reduction; I'd rather it give some sort of debuff instead, perhaps slower attack rate and channeling speed. i just thought sense it allrdy is made for pvp i was only thiinking from a pvp perspective
    -crush vigor-I think this skill should stay as is in terms of general effect, but I do think the chi lost per second needs to be much, much higher for it to be of any use. Perhaps 20, or even 30 chi per second. for this one i just thought it would be fun to have something like my suggestion but just doing what you said would be pretty good to
    -foxform-I can agree with your suggestion here completely.
    -summer sprint-Nice suggestion, but I personally don't think it's really necessary. My Summer Sprint almost never wears off, because I make sure to recast it frequently, just like with a BM's Golden Bell. i just thought it would be nice to have one less thing to worry about for alittle bit in the mist of battle
    -leech-I think this skill should stay as is. I spend the majority of my time in fox form, and this skill has saved my a$$ too many times to count. There are some bosses that I can backup tank only because this skill helps keep me alive. i have been saved by this skills my self i just thought its name fit what i was thinking lol
    @Jin_Wang i havent figured out how to multi qoute so im just gonna have to do this lolb:surrender

Fox form- It is fine as it is, barbarians have HP and Speed bonus from tiger form with a physical attack penalty. Venomancers have accuracy and physical defense (a lot gained) bonus from fox form with max MP penalty. Adding another bonus would not be great idea in my opinion
    unlike barbs how ever we are a mix of physical and magic they are just full on physical all the way. I just thought alittle boost to the rate of attack would help increase our physical damage alittle sense if your goin full on rank gear if i remember right our wep (the wep tht was put into the game and was ment for all venos to use) we get has the slowest atk speed of all the magic weps so i thought this could help it out a bit.

my thoughts

thnk you for sharing your opinions they are well appreciatedb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle