element client glitch

Options
Kerona - Sanctuary
Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Support Desk
This is a weird problem, to be honest, but it has been happening to me for a long long time and I can't figure out a work around.

I run Windows XP, and it was having the Thumbnail loading crash error which I solved for the most part. But, whenever Windows Explorer crashes and I have Element Client in the System Tray, when it restarts Element Client is gone from the System Tray. Not only does it not load in the Tray, it does not show as an Application that is currently running in the Task Manager.
BUT if I go to Processes there is my client chugging away peacefully taking up memory. I remain online, just am unable to access the program, so for all intents and purposes I've created a Ghost client that's completely inaccessible to me, but my computer is running it.

I usually force quit it from the Processes menu as it is my only visible option and have to restart Element and relog, but this is annoying and time consuming as hell. Is there any way to restore an already running program from the Processes window in the Task Manager? It's there, my computer knows it's there, but it can't figure out it's not a background program I guess.

I've tried /bringtofront but it just starts a new instance of the program.

It's only Element Client that has this issue.

Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kerona - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That is very odd.

I would start troubleshooting by running a system repair form your XP CD, then updating all of the patches for the OS.

Afterwards, I would scan the HDD for errors and then Defrag.

Finally, Verify the client files a couple of times, (because for whatever reason it does not catch everything on the first or second verify.)

Then shut down your PC. Pull the power. Hold the power button for a min. Plug it back in, and wait 5 minutes for everything to boot. (Just because you can see your desktop does not mean it's finished booting up.)

Then try playing again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]