Gear wise?

deathrider35
deathrider35 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Psychic
Ok, so I'm thinking about going full nirvy, but should i go full TT nirvy or have 2 pieces of vana nirvy for the extra attack levels? Also, which TT99 wep would be best to cast into nirvana?
Post edited by deathrider35 on

Comments

• Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Here are some comparaison build I made sometime ago of lunar vs TT99 2nd nirvana'ed, only difference being the armor themself(I was favoring lunar set myself). R8 is pretty much the same damage output that nirv 2nd cast weapon(or barely lower), for much cheaper. I was favoring Nirv 2nd cast over recast R8 for the def lv on armor and was planning on recasting the R8 for self-purify, sadly someone who did get such a weapon had reported to not proc that often so now I got to rethink it fully about my current plan. Might just go R9 if self-purify turn out to be a joke and save you once a week...

Using nirv armor set is mostly only better since you can share it among your characters of the same armor type.

And now I realise I kinda avoided your main question, full armor set or dual 2 pieces? Both can be nice, but for me, it be full for the def lv. For a full atk lv build without going R9, recast R8 give a 8atk lv bonus as 4 part set bonus (aka full set). Throw on a nirv helm and cape for 5 more.

Yes, wall of text and food for though...
  • deathrider35
    edited January 2012
    Here are some comparaison build I made sometime ago of lunar vs TT99 2nd nirvana'ed, only difference being the armor themself(I was favoring lunar set myself). R8 is pretty much the same damage output that nirv 2nd cast weapon(or barely lower), for much cheaper. I was favoring Nirv 2nd cast over recast R8 for the def lv on armor and was planning on recasting the R8 for self-purify, sadly someone who did get such a weapon had reported to not proc that often so now I got to rethink it fully about my current plan. Might just go R9 if self-purify turn out to be a joke and save you once a week...

Using nirv armor set is mostly only better since you can share it among your characters of the same armor type.

And now I realise I kinda avoided your main question, full armor set or dual 2 pieces? Both can be nice, but for me, it be full for the def lv. For a full atk lv build without going R9, recast R8 give a 8atk lv bonus as 4 part set bonus (aka full set). Throw on a nirv helm and cape for 5 more.

Yes, wall of text and food for though...

Thanks for the info! The thing is, R8 is pretty $$, so I was gonna farm Nirvana since its free as endgame gear :D
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sell the raps you farm for Nirvy wep and buy r8 with that. It'll be cheaper. Zzzz...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • deathrider35
    edited January 2012
    Sell the raps you farm for Nirvy wep and buy r8 with that. It'll be cheaper. Zzzz...

Really? I thought R8 was more expensive, with almost 2mil for gold and 200k rep? Also, which wep would be best? TT100 or Nirvana or if I can R8 (I think it'd be more of R8 vs TT100).
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Really? I thought R8 was more expensive, with almost 2mil for gold and 200k rep? Also, which wep would be best? TT100 or Nirvana or if I can R8 (I think it'd be more of R8 vs TT100).

R8 is cheaper than TT100 and nirvy. The exception is if you are REALLY lucky.

Here's why.

TT100 weapons require the Twilight Scepter. This is a RARE item found in TT, and sells for enourmous amounts of coin. You also need the souledges of ALL 4 TT99 greens, plus 58 ultimate substances.

You could pretty much get R8 for that price.

Since you are a psy, any other mage characters that you create that are not a psy cannot use your soulsphere, since they are psychic exclusive. That said, unless you've got a ton of psychics, then R8 is your best bet. Farm things, sell, buy rep during rep sales from catshops. R8 is not hard to get and you don't have to cashshop it. Sure, it'll take a little time, but that's some of the fun in the game. I myself, was also debating nirvy or R8. I'm going R8 though. Remember that armor for nirvy = 100 cannies for each piece. Weapons = 100 raps. The R8 gear itself is a good price. 1 mil for armor, and 2 mil for weapons? My TT90 gear and my TT99 green weapon is more expensive. Plus, you can turn it back in once per day in the hopes of maximizing your sockets. You cannot do that with nirvy gear. Get what you want to get, but take these things into consideration as well when you do.

Good luck on whatever you decide, and enjoy your new gear when you get it.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The Truth is you can get rank 8 very easily and as a caster you should give up any ideas of crappy tt or nirvana gear. Full rank 8 is entirely farmable doing daily bh 100, ocasional deltas, always doing 9 trials, and all the other good stuff to do to earn some coin. Gold will go down at some point too btw, dont buy it when it is up so high as it was when u made this post.

Each 9 trials you help your faction with btw gets you like 300 free rep, which adds up over time. You can even get away with letting the others in the faction do most of the work as long as you help some. Also you can farm recast for yourself FREE. Recast is superior to everything except rank 9. It is also garunteed max sockets at g15.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Except r8 recast armor stats are totally random and likely going to be very ****ty. You will likely need to reshape them multiple times to get something decent and that ends up being very expensive. Also, only classes that should even be aiming for r8 recast wep are clerics, venos, mystics, BMs (axes), and barbs.

@OP ~ As a caster, your end-game is basically r8 wep and 5-6 piece 2nd recast Nirvana armor set if you're absolutely not going to go r9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• deathrider35
    edited January 2012
    Except r8 recast armor stats are totally random and likely going to be very ****ty. You will likely need to reshape them multiple times to get something decent and that ends up being very expensive. Also, only classes that should even be aiming for r8 recast wep are clerics, venos, mystics, BMs (axes), and barbs.

@OP ~ As a caster, your end-game is basically r8 wep and 5-6 piece 2nd recast Nirvana armor set if you're absolutely not going to go r9.

2nd recast for nirvy has set bonus? thought only 1 cast had it? Also, nirv gear (not wep) > r8 gear (not wep)? Thanks for all you help!
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    1st recast Nirvana does not have set bonus. Only 2nd recast does.

And in general for casters, yes the Nirvana armor will be better than r8 armor. The only exception would possibly be the r8 top if you're a class that needs the channeling, but since you're a psy, you don't really need it and the crit from the Nirvana top will benefit you more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    1st recast Nirvana does not have set bonus. Only 2nd recast does.

And in general for casters, yes the Nirvana armor will be better than r8 armor. The only exception would possibly be the r8 top if you're a class that needs the channeling, but since you're a psy, you don't really need it and the crit from the Nirvana top will benefit you more.

I just working on nirvana hat and cape. Is +5 attack levels and +2% critical. And I can still full R9 in far future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Doodoo arcanes get nirvana helmets and capes. b:dirty I like doodoo. b:dirty b:shutup b:dirty
  • deathrider35
    edited January 2012
    After playing around with the pwi calculator, seems nirvy vs r8 is basically defenses vs attack.