what are the best Archer Skills???

ayreonlove
ayreonlove Posts: 2
edited January 2012 in Archer
hey there im lvl 59 Archer (Selaphielll)
what are the best skills for me right now? i mean i got lots of them
that i dont use..
what should i use for quickest and strongest reaction?

SELAPHIELLL THE KEEPER ANGEL OF THE SIGN OF LEO <3
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    How come you don't know how to PvE efficiently at level 59? ._.

Refer to the stickies if you must, they are not that out of date for PvE purposes.
  • Crisszorn - Lost City
    Crisszorn - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    WoG > BoA > Eagleon ( just for fun )
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    WoG > BoA > Eagleon ( just for fun )

Because at level 59 you totally have 5 sparks.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    - All Passives
    - Sharpened Tooth Arrow on bosses and instance mobs (do NOT use in FF runs).
    - Wings of Grace to survive when you steal aggro.
    - Winged Shell increases tankiness and is an often overlooked skill.
    - Holy Path on genie.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Take Aim is a great opener. Rather cheap and with a good weapon (TT60+) hit rather hard. Deadly Shot is it's weaker cousin. Inferior in EVERY way. Unless you have a +0 Dragon Bow and the Demon version, but at that point you're doing something wrong . . .

Aim Low/Stunning are nice to casually level as they make for powerful control skills. Frost Arrow isn't too bad in some either.

Knockback while great, is just fine at level 1.

Always have Blazing Arrow and Wing's of Protection buffs on, and maxed if possible.

Metal skills for melee or increase defense mobs, should level casually. Winged Pledge and Wingspan can be handy in melee to against mobs with high metal defense, don't need to level them much though.

Vicious Arrow, Serrated Arrow, Quickshot, and Stromfail Eaglelion are rather useless. Unless your have Demon Quick Shot (89+).

Also, if you have the SP to spare you will use Barrage a lot in later instances (FC and Gamma/Delta)
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Take Aim is a great opener. Rather cheap and with a good weapon (TT60+) hit rather hard. Deadly Shot is it's weaker cousin. Inferior in EVERY way. Unless you have a +0 Dragon Bow and the Demon version, but at that point you're doing something wrong . . .

Up to level deadly shot is going to out damage take aim up until decent refined TT90... not TT60.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Up to level deadly shot is going to out damage take aim up until decent refined TT90... not TT60.

I thought the old trade-off point was Lunar +10 or R8 +5.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited January 2012

It's rather close really. Considering you can Max TA before you can learn DS for the same cost as 2-3 level of DS. Not to mention TA with TT60+ can (borderline) one shot many at level mobs as is. Why invest in a skill that will ultimately be obsolete, just because is does a bit more damage, when that extra damage is really irrelevant based off damage range.
  • Crisszorn - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    Because at level 59 you totally have 5 sparks.

I thought she meant 59 skills, obviously your brain wont let you realize that, keep up the good work b:chuckle
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ayreonlove wrote: »
    hey there im lvl 59 Archer (Selaphielll)
    what are the best skills for me right now? i mean i got lots of them
    that i dont use..

SELAPHIELLL THE KEEPER ANGEL OF THE SIGN OF LEO <3

Passive skills which increase damage are always first priority.

One skill you won't really need until the 80s is barrage of arrows. At low levels it just gets you killed by aggroing several mobs at once but not killing them before they kill you. Of course when you start doing FC you need your barrage maxed because thats why your in squad.

Here's an idea. If your low on spirit and your genie is a few levels behind you level the genie up. This will give you more spirit to get skills with in comparison to your level.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    I thought she meant 59 skills, obviously your brain wont let you realize that, keep up the good work b:chuckle

Says the sub 100 archer asking for help all over the place. Hurrdurr.
  • Crisszorn - Lost City
    edited January 2012
    And that's wrong cuz...?

Fail troll is fail, wont waste more time on you, have fun (:
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    laloner wrote: »
    Here's an idea. If your low on spirit and your genie is a few levels behind you level the genie up. This will give you more spirit to get skills with in comparison to your level.

Don't do this.

As the original poster stated, (s)he does not use a lot of skills. That means, you really should not be short on spirit b/c you don't need to level up that many skills.

You will get plenty of spirit later on. Slowing your leveling because your skills are not "caught up" is not necessary for archers.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    And that's wrong cuz...?

Fail troll is fail, wont waste more time on you, have fun (:

It's wrong because

a) I can afk tank you on a charm
    b) You're asking for help, yet you're calling me fail
    c) You're sub 100, non-factor.
  • laloner
    edited January 2012
    Don't do this.

As the original poster stated, (s)he does not use a lot of skills. That means, you really should not be short on spirit b/c you don't need to level up that many skills.

You will get plenty of spirit later on. Slowing your leveling because your skills are not "caught up" is not necessary for archers.

Stating that he doesn't use a lot of his skills doesn't prove that he is not low on spirit. There is no real connection between the two.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ayreonlove wrote: »

I have a feeling you would get a strong reaction if you used stormrage. b:laugh
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    Stating that he doesn't use a lot of his skills doesn't prove that he is not low on spirit. There is no real connection between the two.

Don't use many skills = don't level many skills = spare SP = not short on SP.
    Don't do this.

/archerequationmode
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I thought the old trade-off point was Lunar +10 or R8 +5.

TT90 is the logical cut off... since the only logical weapon is the TT90 xbow (which naturally have higher damage then bow, so skills damage are more amplified). I do believe the cut off is somewhere around +5-7.
    It's rather close really. Considering you can Max TA before you can learn DS for the same cost as 2-3 level of DS. Not to mention TA with TT60+ can (borderline) one shot many at level mobs as is. Why invest in a skill that will ultimately be obsolete, just because is does a bit more damage, when that extra damage is really irrelevant based off damage range.

Level 10 Take aim:
    base + 300%

Level 10 Deadly shot:
    base + 100% + 5k

So essentially you are comparing 5k damage vs. 200% weapon damage. The break even point is actually not until you have 2.5k AVERAGE weapon damage (I don't even think a +12 TT60 xbow breaks 2k at its upper end)... otherwise deadly shot takes the lead.

Level 11 Take aim:
    base + 400%

So here you are comparing 5k damage (level 10 deadly) vs. 300% weapon damage. Break even point is now 1.6k... which is the HIGH END of of an +5 TT90 xbow. Sage would be much sooner... as it will be 5k damage vs. 400% weapon damage... bringing down the break even to 1.2k.

Even by your example...
    At level 6x with a TT60 weapon. Yeah... you can have max level take aim and level 4 deadly shot.

Level 4 Deadly shot:
    base + 70% + 3k

So you are comparing 230% against 3k damage. So unless your weapon have 1.1k weapon damage... deadly shot will still win. To reach 1.1k AVERAGE weapon damage... you are looking at a +10ish TT60 xbow.

Once both skills reach level 10... you are essentially looking at a difference of 2-3k raw damage before attack level modifier. The math is all there... feel free to check it since I more or less threw numbers out from memory. Personally... i would not consider a gap of 2-3k damage "rather close". Even at my current r9 level 2-3k damage is still 10% of my absolute base damage.

In this day of age... if you are really going to nip over a million or so spirit and a few million of coins... boy are you going have a long road ahead of you.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Using averages, it's as simple as 3x = x + 4986, x = 2493 weapon damage. Level 10 take aim starts beating level 10 deadly shot around the max hit of a rank 8 bow. Deadly shot is not a skill you want to skip if you pvp pre-89.

Also, most archers I knew, including myself, kept take aim at level 1 until demon because it's very good for gaining chi while grinding.

e: acceptable shards, arrows and rings were implied.
  • laloner
    edited January 2012
    Don't use many skills = don't level many skills = spare SP = not short on SP.

/archerequationmode

No hurdur, the OP said "i mean i got lots of them that i dont use.."

What your saying doesn't follow from that.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    No hurdur, the OP said "i mean i got lots of them that i dont use.."

What your saying doesn't follow from that.

Notice how I quoted Lady Elena, and not the OP.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Sorted by Priority in my eyes.

Tier 1 (Passives):

Bow Mastery
    Blazing Arrow
    Winged Blessing
    Wings of Protection

Tier 2 (Useful skills):

Stunning Arrow (Primary squad instance skill)
    Sharpened Tooth Arrow (For the start of boss fights)
    Lightning Strike (Basic Metal attack)
    Winged Shell (if you start the habit of using it, it will really save you some damage and prevent being one shot by AoEs/other players; It is chi consuming, but it could help recover MP(?)).
    Learn Wings of Grace if you haven't because its an antistun and only has 1 level.

Tier 3 (Recommended but not necessary):

Aim Low (Great skill, but chi consuming)
    Thunder Shock (Same)
    Frost (Slow is ok, but also chi consuming until 89+)

Tier 4, AoEs: (priority increases around 75-80 for FC purposes):
    Thunderous Blast
    Barrage of Arrows
    Wingspan

Not priority:
    Knockback (Leave at level 1 until acquiring 89+ skills)
    Quickshot (see Knockback)
    Deadly Shot (I never really used it)
    Serrated Arrow (DoT; not priority)
    Vicious Arrow (DoT)
    Stormrage Eagleon (DoT)
    Winged Pledge (Good if not fists, but not priority until 89+ for Sage/Demon versions)

I strongly recommend Elven Alacrity 79 skill as well, its not THAT expensive. Condor is kind of meh aside from chi gain uses though.

/my2cents
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • laloner
    edited January 2012
    Notice how I quoted Lady Elena, and not the OP.

elena said "As the original poster stated, (s)he does not use a lot of skills. That means, you really should not be short on spirit b/c you don't need to level up that many skills."

Neither from that nor from the OP's statement is there any reason to believe that the OP is short or long on spirit.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    elena said "As the original poster stated, (s)he does not use a lot of skills. That means, you really should not be short on spirit b/c you don't need to level up that many skills."

Neither from that nor from the OP's statement is there any reason to believe that the OP is short or long on spirit.

Hurrdurr.
  • laloner
    edited January 2012
    Hurrdurr.

I accept your surrender.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited January 2012
    I accept your surrender.

When logic fails, comment on how the other person fail.

You're sage, ijs.