mystic&gv

Options
HardTimes - Lost City
HardTimes - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Mystic
b:lipcurl ok i think its time for all the mystic that are doing delta to post screen shots of the damge you are doing b:laugh

its just getting sad at this point when ppl will leave a full gv squad soon as a mystic joins or even get kicked out of squad just for being a mystic and be replaced by a +5 r8 psy is just sad b:embarrass i know from personal experiences that my mystics is able to do over 100k+ aoe hits on gv mobs. not only just that but aoe debuff mobs and even aoe heal squad at the same time. mystics are great in gv and we need to get more ppl understand this.

go ahead and start posting pic's of your damge showing mystics are more then just for support b:victory
Post edited by HardTimes - Lost City on

Comments

• beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Good Idea, I will take a screen, when I do Delta next.. And you are totally right a Myst is a verry good DD in Delta... If I have the choice I'd prefer a Myst :)
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Are you sure its because peeps think you cant do damage?

I had the same experience with FC. You had this squad formula that doesnt make room for anything but barbs, clerics, sins, BMs and 1 alt - seemingly preferably a seeker or archer.

Its hard to break stereotypes and trends like that. GL in your Deltas, and I cant wait to see some pics.
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Try Sanctuary. People will always ask fir wizard, archer or seeker.
    Noone thinks of psychics or mystics. b:shocked

I've ran deltas multiple times on my mystic, even in my low 90s, or with my psychic friend. And they went awesome .-. I can deal EPIC damage (thicket into HF <3<3) and I even held squads alive when the cleric was busy getting their BB back up.

It's hard to keep convicing people that you can do epic damage. I tried telling people I got magic damage, see me as a kind of hippie flower wizard. I convinced some sceptics who gave it a shot and were impressed by the end of the run. But I've also met the noobs who told me (for delta bh 2 lol) they got a cleric and I can't BB anyway. Well yea, noobs. xD

It's not really about the squad formula here. I've seen people shout for an half hour for a wizard or archer. While they tell you mystic to gtfo.
    It's just the people being ignorant as **. Same goes for bh a lot. People will keep yelling for clerics. While any smart mystic can heal there. I dunno, are people really that sceptic versus mystics or are there just too many fail mystics? x_x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Most people do spawn point nowadays. So cragglords are just the same as a psychic/wiz/seeker sparking, but can't aoe as often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Jhuv - Sanctuary
    __Jhuv - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Most people do spawn point nowadays. So cragglords are just the same as a psychic/wiz/seeker sparking, but can't aoe as often.

He just answered your questions. Most of the people think like that i guess. Btw do you know there is a thing called Storm Mistress? Just to say one..

I really think if you've never played a mystic you can't fully understands what this char can really do
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/jhuvsign.png[/SIGPIC]
    __Jhuv - Mystic
    __Hysper - Cleric
    __Hysen - Venomancer
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    He just answered your questions. Most of the people think like that i guess. Btw do you know there is a thing called Storm Mistress? Just to say one..

I really think if you've never played a mystic you can't fully understands what this char can really do

Mistress is even worse than cragglord at aoe cooldown. It's the same principle as aps. If you're not aoeing constantly, then what good are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I think I saw my cragglord do 100k on a wave of mobs. b:victory But, I didn't screen shot it in time. b:sad
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    thicket + mistress aoe+ lucky break+ gale force and all mobs drop hp by 50% only from my aoe. A wiz cannot do that so fast even with constant aoe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Mistress is even worse than cragglord at aoe cooldown. It's the same principle as aps. If you're not aoeing constantly, then what good are you?

If you can't do 200k+ aoe dmg to most mobs during an HF: what good are you?
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    My cragglord can aoe up to 5 times while he's out....

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/iRoElonar/mysticRB.jpg
    And a screenshot i posted a long while ago. Was taken in june or something? The highest aoe from cragglord that run was 177k i remember. Now i got a +12 r9 wand so i should be doing a lot more damage?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I dunno, on HL people are actually DEMANDING mystics for nirvana, GV, frost, etc. Once they realize that mystics heal about as well as clerics, but also contribute more dps than most R8 casters w/ storm mistress on bosses, people start to bring along a cleric only for the buffs.

The key is just to patiently explain to them why mystics are one of the best casters you can bring into any pve situation.

Also, spawn point GV is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It saves about 5 minutes off of a regular no-chest GV (1 hour 50 min vs 1 hour 45 min), except no one gets auras so they spend mana charms, hp charms, and higher repairs from lower damage.

Ppl don't realize that the #1 contributing reason spawn point GV is faster is because no one digs any chests, not because you decided to walk up to the mobs and **** the free mana/attack/defense auras given out every wave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Try Sanctuary. People will always ask fir wizard, archer or seeker.
    Noone thinks of psychics or mystics. b:shocked

It's not really about the squad formula here. I've seen people shout for an half hour for a wizard or archer. While they tell you mystic to gtfo.
    It's just the people being ignorant as **. Same goes for bh a lot. People will keep yelling for clerics. While any smart mystic can heal there. I dunno, are people really that sceptic versus mystics or are there just too many fail mystics? x_x

It seems we are saying the same thing. What I meant by squad formula is...

A barb, a cleric, 2 sins, a BM and then a seeker or archer = acceptable FC squad.

That's what every FC squad leader seemed to want when I first started going to FC. But we are slowly breaking the written in stone barriers that keep mystics from getting good squads.

I can heal a full FC or BH, but prefer not to. I am too good of a DD to be limited to using only half my spells. b:pleased

We have been stereotyped as alt healers, and we can do that job usually - but the abilities of our char are totally wasted. The full strength of a Mystic in any squad is when it does everything it has the ability to do. Just healing is boring as hell - and I didnt make a mystic cause I wanted something to easily play.

I was doing 250K AoE damage in FC with no lvl 11 spells, so I fail to see why I couldn't accomplish the same in a Delta.

To anyone that complians about having to chase a mob after we AoE, all I have to say is -

1. Don't chase it. I don't. It will quickly return.
    2. Get over it, lol. Our damage is too good to cry over something so mundane.
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Even doing BH is 'fun'. Lots of times you just see people shout for clerics.
    Past days I've observed a little. It seems most times I get a squad it's like this: Squads technially full, just a healer missing. Oh ya, we got a mystic that pmed so let's just take her. Makes you kind of feel like a second choice. lol

I got no problems at all with healing a full FCC or BH all by myself. He, that's what I got my sage heals and sally for. I'll jump in as the main healer if needed or compensate for some fail cleric so the squad can keep going. Or I assist healing whenever stuff goes horribly wrong. The only time I rage at people is when they expect me to do things that are impossible. Or if they're being reckless.

I really love doing delta. But finding a random squad on my server is hard. BH might work since you really don't need an epic squad for it. But for full delta for cultis... oh boy. Takes an hour of convincing people. lol

But I will never understand the attitude of 'My DD is epic, I don't want to heal.' I don't want to start a big discussion but for me it's like this: I picked this class because it's support. I have no problem at all with healing and hey, most of the times I got more than enough time to DD in between.
    I agree with you that we are the most useful if we can use all our skills. But I'd never say my DD is too good to be limited to healing. I'd kick myself if I said this in squad. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    But I will never understand the attitude of 'My DD is epic, I don't want to heal.'

Sounds like you are putting words in my mouth that aren't there. I put down Healing and Vital herbs and continue on with my epic damage, buffing the tank with falling petals if needed and replacing Vital herb every minute as needed. I like having a cleric and not only for buffs - that way Im not consumed with watching health bars.

What could possibly be made safer than a BB and herbs used together? Nothing.

We cant replace clerics - if you think we can go try to solo heal Polearm, lol. I know first hand we will epicly fail without a 101 Sin tanking. b:surrender

We need to DD to support sparks for Vital Herb - that should be 'enough said' right there. ;)
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Options
    "I am too good of a DD to be limited to using only half my spells."
    Yes and that's exactly the discussion that has been done so many times. I'm too tired to take it up again. To me it just sounds like someone I don't want to have in my squad. I don't like people that are too full of themselves.

I'm 101, I know very well in which situations I can fully replace a cleric and when not. My first character is a cleric, I know their job. I don't think I ever said I can take a clerics job 100%.

No, you don't need to DD to put vital herb. Works just as fine stacking petals, break on tank/whoever needs it. I got my chi back in before vital is gone/cooldown is up.

And since this thread is about something different and I really am done with this old topic, I'm gone here. Not like it has ever lead anywhere either. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yes and that's exactly the discussion that has been done so many times. I'm too tired to take it up again. To me it just sounds like someone I don't want to have in my squad. I don't like people that are too full of themselves.

I'm 101, I know very well in which situations I can fully replace a cleric and when not. My first character is a cleric, I know their job. I don't think I ever said I can take a clerics job 100%.

No, you don't need to DD to put vital herb. Works just as fine stacking petals, break on tank/whoever needs it. I got my chi back in before vital is gone/cooldown is up.

And since this thread is about something different and I really am done with this old topic, I'm gone here. Not like it has ever lead anywhere either. lol

That's right. I am. Why should anyone make a mystic just to heal? What are all those other spells for?

Lol, you know you put words into other peoples mouths to create an arguement you claim you are done with.

Btw, the only discussion that is old that I know of - is how mystics can replace other chars in the game - most notably clerics.

You say they can & I say they cant. Fine - I'll agree to disagree lol. Grats on your level, but a level doesnt entitle you to speak for anyone but YOU. Have a nice day! b:bye
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Since we are arguing about mystics healing/attacking or just healing.... I wanna ask this.

Ok lets say you get invited to an fc, and So far the squad consists of like 3 sins, 1 archer,(all with mediocre gear) and yourself.

Now what class would you add to the last spot? Cleric or Puller? Personally I would take a cleric simply because a suicidal squad like that is going to need BB, and because the run would go by alot faster if I wasn't the only one worried about keeping all the squishies alive..... Sadly this set up did happen to me once, and I just left, because I refuse to heal a squad without a real tank(I dont neccesarily mean a barb, just someone with good hp/def) and with most of the squad being squishy sins.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Now what class would you add to the last spot?

Personally, a tank. That being either a seeker or barb.
    The sins with mediocre gear should be able to their job fine unless they aren't too smart. But there's no way that sins pull or the archer does. That would just make a mess b:shocked
    But with a proper tank I can see this squad still work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Personally, a tank. That being either a seeker or barb.
    The sins with mediocre gear should be able to their job fine unless they aren't too smart. But there's no way that sins pull or the archer does. That would just make a mess b:shocked
    But with a proper tank I can see this squad still work.

Well, you would have to take the seeker as the tank - cause a barb aint generally going without a BM. Idk what that's about cause I never made a barb, lol.

But I have been in those 'run amuck fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants' squads that have been described, and yeah, best bet is to leave the squad before you end up being blamed for it failing. Sometimes they work...sometimes, but more often than not they fail.

My shabby sin tank on one run actually started pulling before I was there (Mystics run slow) and waited just around the corner with the mob for me to catch up. Ofc, he died. He also wanted to make public the fact that *I* had caused the squad to fail.

If you are going to tank anything, no matter what class - know where your healer is is all I have to say, lol.

Btw, anyone got any links to any good Mystic DD screenies? >.>
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Well, you would have to take the seeker as the tank - cause a barb aint generally going without a BM. Idk what that's about cause I never made a barb, lol.

But I have been in those 'run amuck fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants' squads that have been described, and yeah, best bet is to leave the squad before you end up being blamed for it failing. Sometimes they work...sometimes, but more often than not they fail.

My shabby sin tank on one run actually started pulling before I was there (Mystics run slow) and waited just around the corner with the mob for me to catch up. Ofc, he died. He also wanted to make public the fact that *I* had caused the squad to fail.

If you are going to tank anything, no matter what class - know where your healer is is all I have to say, lol.

Btw, anyone got any links to any good Mystic DD screenies? >.>

Yea leaving is the best thing to do, which is what I did, 3 sins + a squishy archer is too much to handle lol. Anyways, here's one I took the other day in faction trials. http://imageshack.us/f/845/20120106215449.png/ 272k dmg b:victory
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Wow, nice! b:victory
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I haven't really experienced this. Most people I've gone with realize that I have the ability to debuff the entire pull at once, sleep them, and spam AoEs with plants, summons, and my own skills. I can give the lurer a shield that absorbs damage + increases his/her defenses plus turn into a healer if the cleric is out of commission.

I think the main thing that pisses people off ab mystics in GV is that thicket and gale force can cause the mobs to run. Thats the one thing I've been bished to about. I just explained that there was no need to chase the mobs, since they'll run back to their former position a second later. Once they saw the mobs run right back into vortex they calmed down.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I haven't really experienced this. Most people I've gone with realize that I have the ability to debuff the entire pull at once, sleep them, and spam AoEs with plants, summons, and my own skills. I can give the lurer a shield that absorbs damage + increases his/her defenses plus turn into a healer if the cleric is out of commission.

I think the main thing that pisses people off ab mystics in GV is that thicket and gale force can cause the mobs to run. Thats the one thing I've been bished to about. I just explained that there was no need to chase the mobs, since they'll run back to their former position a second later. Once they saw the mobs run right back into vortex they calmed down.

there isnt always a seeker/wiz in a rebirth. and it is really annoying for bms especially that mysics use gale force or thicket unless it is the last final attack where the mobs just die.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    there isnt always a seeker/wiz in a rebirth. and it is really annoying for bms especially that mysics use gale force or thicket unless it is the last final attack where the mobs just die.

k i'll rephrase

"They calmed down when the mobs ran back into dragons breath/Vortex/glitched barrage"

there you go.

But you are correct I dont use thicket or gale force when I know the bm is about to dragon or somebody has mired.

If you want to test whether a squad is pissy bring a psy. They always blame the psy 1st b:chuckle
  • Praxalis - Archosaur
    Praxalis - Archosaur Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I haven't gotten SS of anything yet, however I will say this-

On Archo during x2 I got into practically every Nirvy squad based half on people knowing I was actually GOOD and the other times,just saying "hey look Im a mystic". I'd always land ina part of 2 mystics consistently

Since I'm a rare demon (lol), I can HF the boss with Thicket, give uncharmed people a saving grace on that vampire boss with my full HP demon res, and I crit consistently with alot of my demon skills. I still need to get Gale Force Demon version (I have the book in my bank somewhere) but I went demon because I didnt want to be just healing I wanted to do spike damage. Yes it's not consistent, but when it procs, having full chi on last boss -> HF thicket + crag deals nasty spankings all around.

I can't speak about full culti deltas but on BH delta's I always get squads as well. Most faction mates who know what I'm capable of, but I did get a half random one time for a spawn point Delta.

When I was trying to lvl to 100, I was duoing FC's with a R8 wizzy and I was able to heal him quite efficiently but that's because of my background as a cleric for almost a year. Understanding heal mechanics helps a tad bit :P AKA-Mystics are pro too, jut gotta push your class to the utmost. Even I think I'm not utilizing my Mystic to the utmost as I have yet to continue experimenting with Lysing

It only takes me a few minutes for random squads to realize Im not a garbage mystic. b:cute

When I have the time I'll try and post some SS of me doing some of the late game instnces.
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I just did my first full delta SP last night. I used all my aoes: Cragglord, lysed all my plants(rotated creeper, spider, and sting), and I also used thicket and gale force. The squad had a cleric, seeker, bm, and 2 sins. Surprisingly, I never got biatched at for using thicket or gale force.
    Since I'm a rare demon (lol), I can HF the boss with Thicket, give uncharmed people a saving grace on that vampire boss with my full HP demon res, and I crit consistently with alot of my demon skills. I still need to get Gale Force Demon version (I have the book in my bank somewhere) but I went demon because I didnt want to be just healing I wanted to do spike damage. Yes it's not consistent, but when it procs, having full chi on last boss -> HF thicket + crag deals nasty spankings all around.

I'm in this rare demon mystic category too, and I've loving it lol. I don't have thicket yet, but I can't wait to learn it..... but yea I remember being in fc one time and I got called "lame" for being demon.
  • Silberfluss - Dreamweaver
    Silberfluss - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i did a nirvana once with 5 sins
    i kept all alive through the whole run, just one guy died once because of his own mistake- standing in the fire of the boss b:chuckle tell me that cleric can do the same.

(edit: im demon LA mystic )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i did a nirvana once with 5 sins
    i kept all alive through the whole run, just one guy died once because of his own mistake- standing in the fire of the boss b:chuckle tell me that cleric can do the same.

(edit: im demon LA mystic )

b:surprised Omg! Another demon mystic!.... And we're on the same server! Omg! That makes like 3 I've seen, besides myself. b:victory. We are just so over populated by sages. b:sad
  • XXLetaliaXx - Raging Tide
    XXLetaliaXx - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    b:surprised Omg! Another demon mystic!.... And we're on the same server! Omg! That makes like 3 I've seen, besides myself. b:victory. We are just so over populated by sages. b:sad

Ive decided to go Demon (FTW) when I get there! but im in RT server so sorry cant add to your count lmao.

Cant wait to go demon :) b:dirty b:laugh
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Ive decided to go Demon (FTW) when I get there! but im in RT server so sorry cant add to your count lmao.

Cant wait to go demon :) b:dirty b:laugh

Well I hope more go demon on my server. It's been really hard trying to sell my extra bramble tornado book. I made 3 of them >.<. 1 for me, and 2 to sell. I've sold one so I got one more to gob:surrender