making money as non casher

ShadowSephy - Dreamweaver
ShadowSephy - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
hello all. b:cute

i have a commonly asked question here. As a non casher, its hard for me to get coins for my gears and skills. I have been grinding non stop since the last double drops event. Now that double drop is over, and fairy boxes have been removed from TT solo mode, i want to ask, what is the best way to make coins without spending real life cash?

thanks all b:thanksb:cute
Post edited by ShadowSephy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Seylia - Heavens Tear
    Seylia - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    grinding, selling things or getting yourself a suga daddy/momma.

b:cuteb:victory
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    There is no way. CS or you will never compete
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook.com/tangyfox
    EX Legendary on Sanctuary
    Moved to LC to PK
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Invest your money instead of spending it is the only advice I can give you. Even though I'm making a couple million a day, I only spend a few thousand on necessities like potions and teleports. I probably only make big spends on gears once every month or two months, but it's working out for me as I've figured by summer I'll be totally decked out in some smexy gears if I keep at it.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    getting yourself a suga daddy/momma.

This is the most effective method indeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Get yourself a suga daddy/momma.

This.

Or be a darn good Merchant.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • ShadowSephy - Dreamweaver
    ShadowSephy - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Invest your money instead of spending it is the only advice I can give you. Even though I'm making a couple million a day, I only spend a few thousand on necessities like potions and teleports. I probably only make big spends on gears once every month or two months, but it's working out for me as I've figured by summer I'll be totally decked out in some smexy gears if I keep at it.

how should i invest my money? i mean, what should i invest my money on? b:thanks
  • DamagedHeart - Heavens Tear
    DamagedHeart - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    There is this site, PWInsider : http://pwinsider.wordpress.com
  • Mastersworde - Raging Tide
    Mastersworde - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'm a non casher myself and i can farm up to a mil by farming herbs in heaven only
    or kill the mobs in there the DQ mats sell for a kinda well price too

Open TT for ppl here on RT ppl pay up to 50-100k for open and buff (if the ppl on ur server ask)

if you know that things like TT mats sell well try put them for a bit less then other ppl do it works fine by me
    I play how i play and idc what ppl think b:angry
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Money making is harder at lower levels, but the upside is you won't need a lot of it for your gears at those levels.

If you are 90+ and want to start making serious money, do the Cube of Fate. If you're smart and patient with how you approach it, you can easily walk away with 500k or more's worth of sellable items. You can do the cube if you're under 90 and still walk away with a profit, but you won't get a certain item at the end (the Page of Fate) which is your biggest moneymaker in there.

Once you hit 100, you can get valuable stuff (including millions of coins) from your daily Bounty Hunter quests. This also applies to certain events, like Jungle Ruins (if you are 96+ at least).

Otherwise, I second Mastersworde's suggestion of opening TT for others. A few TT-openings and you should have 1mil or so to throw around for low-lvl gears that way.

So I guess the most important question is, what's your lvl? And class? It looks like your avatar is broken... :-/

EDIT: I would NOT suggest merchanting at this time, unless you really know what you're doing. There are ways of getting money that don't involve investing a lot first. So unless you need a way to raise hundreds of millions in a short amount of time (which you won't, unless you intend to buy PVP gears, which I also don't recommend), you should be fine using the suggestions above. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Seylia - Heavens Tear
    Seylia - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2012

This is the most effective method indeed.

It really is! Once, i got a guy to give me 10 mil for literally nothing.

heh. b:thanks

I mean, I've heard of it before! From a friend.

Not me. [:
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If you want to put in time and effort into this game, it is very much possible to merch, is it rewarding? That's your call.

My opinion, it's not worth the time. Personally, I would CS smartly, but not excessively.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I once got 125 mil in the mail, no joke. It was from a user of whom I'd never heard and it said, "Here's some money. Buy yourself something nice."

This was back near the time of the first anni packs.

To answer your question, I'd say merching. It's easier than ever now that you can leave a merch alt open while playing you normal chars. It was such a pain before. I had an ancient lappy that ran the game in windowed (640 x 800) mode 24/7 to merch. Such awful days b:cry

That's my opinion, anyway.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited January 2012

+1

Any suga daddys on dreamweaver need a wife? b:mischievous
  • UnderTheSea - Lost City
    UnderTheSea - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Steal money from grandma's purse.

So easy. It's like taking candy from a baby.

Trust me.
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Get off the game for awhile, go mow a lawn, shovel snow. You can make twice the money in the same amount of time if you work. Then cash shopb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Go ****/exploit any of pwi's buggy programs/websites every now and then. Don't do it too much or someone will catch on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Steal money from grandma's purse.

So easy. It's like taking candy from a baby.

Trust me.

Yeah... Um, this happened in 2009. Frankie made a big ol post about it, actually...

Trust me, you really don't want to take Grandma's Social Security money (that she LIVES off of) and then dump it into a game, leaving her absolutely no money to buy food with.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The best way to make money without cash shopping is posting yet another thread asking this same question. In fact, you're more likely to make more coin if you wait another week and do it again for best results.

b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Yeah... Um, this happened in 2009. Frankie made a big ol post about it, actually...

Frankie wasn't here 2009.
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Frankie wasn't here 2009.

I think Frankie was here in 2009, but never posts because there were other GMs. I remember Frankie used to sport the archer avatar in 2008.
  • Veilana - Heavens Tear
    Veilana - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    There is no way. CS or you will never compete

This is patently false. Cash Shopping is only one of several ways to make money in the game. And while 2x Drops was an excellent way to make money without investing real life money into the game, it is hardly the most efficient way to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This is patently false. Cash Shopping is only one of several ways to make money in the game. And while 2x Drops was an excellent way to make money without investing real life money into the game, it is hardly the most efficient way to do so.

It's true. CSing is the best way to make money...yes there are several ways, but CS is the best.

Yeah you can get along without CS, but you can't compete (read: play at an equal level) with CSers with full rank gear unless you can merchant extremely well which is really only a minority. (pvp server perspective)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It's true. CSing is the best way to make money...yes there are several ways, but CS is the best.

Yeah you can get along without CS, but you can't compete (read: play at an equal level) with CSers with full rank gear unless you can merchant extremely well which is really only a minority. (pvp server perspective)

Ironically the pvp Servers are in the Minority in this case. It is actually the PvE servers that have the vast majority of the players. And in most cases making money on a PvE server for Player vs. Environment type play is vastly easier than attempting to create the highest top of the line gear for Player vs. Player play. Granted many people prefer to go towards the end of Player vs. Player at high level anyways, but the funny thing is, that at a certain level (read 90+) it becomes relatively easy to make money regardless of whether you are cash shopping or not due to participating in various in game activities that make money relatively well. In fact many of these are fairly obvious in the form of Farming Twilight Temple Mats, doing Rebirth runs, or even participating in the Cube of Fate on a regular basis for Pages of Fate. Many other activities require high quality gear these days by virtue of the players requiring it, but that is more of a player born requirement and not a game based requirement.

So ultimately there are ways built into the game to make money, the trick is finding one that works for you that does not require cash shopping, and utilizing it to the best of your ability without forcing yourself into bankruptcy.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Is opening TT really a money maker? When people say it is are they talking about standing outside the entrance all day waiting for someone who needs them or teleporting back and forth so you can do other stuff while waiting for the next WC.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter