Sale end dates...

Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
The recent Rank sale, pack sale, and orb sale have no end date specified at all.

A lot of people are assuming they are over with 2x. Is that really the case?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    They probably didn't specify so we gold merchants can't shoot up gold prices on the last day.
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You know better to ask Aster >.< my past asking got nothing.
  • Naturion - Dreamweaver
    Naturion - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Merchanting was fine until some people who got the coins they needed for the game and decides to write a guide about "how to make money" so everyone else who didnt know what to do, to do it and have 80% cut back on the profit. They couldve done it while they were doing it buut noou " get the coins u need and then destroy it for every other real merchant, and look good for the people for helping them, when i've already made the amount of coins i need". -.- Devs didnt have this problem about getting rid of theese mass merchants before cause there were less merchants who could think for them selfs.
  • Xinaeco - Harshlands
    Xinaeco - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    to do it and have 80% cut back on the profit.

94% of all precentages are made up on the spot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NiightmareXz; lv 92 demon archer (retired)
    xinaeco; lv 9x sage veno (retired currently)
    lil nab secret cleric (main)
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Merchanting was fine until some people who got the coins they needed for the game and decides to write a guide about "how to make money" so everyone else who didnt know what to do, to do it and have 80% cut back on the profit. They couldve done it while they were doing it buut noou " get the coins u need and then destroy it for every other real merchant, and look good for the people for helping them, when i've already made the amount of coins i need". -.- Devs didnt have this problem about getting rid of theese mass merchants before cause there were less merchants who could think for them selfs.

Good merchants know how to adapt. Markets change. Deal with it or get left in the dust.

Consider all present and future "Sales" as permanent price reductions if it makes you feel better. The days of the "buy one week, sell a week later" quick turnaround are over.
  • Naturion - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Consider all present and future "Sales" as permanent price reductions if it makes you feel better. The days of the "buy one week, sell a week later" quick turnaround are over.

yah b:cry no more easy coins
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The recent Rank sale, pack sale, and orb sale have no end date specified at all.

I was wondering the same thing about the 2x, doesnt feel like its off yet. I figured maybe after the Update it would be over. Kind of hope the 2x XP stays though. xD
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Never ending rank saaaaaale *sang in head to the Neverending Story tune*

Item goes on sale enraging the community. They lube the community up for some more good-ole backside pounding by pulling sale for a while, then reintroduce it periodically. The sales get more frequent and more insane, and before you know it.... item(s) becomes a permanent and indefinite addition to cash shop \o/

does that sound in any way familiar to anything that has ever gone on sale here ever? ._.

Ijs it's bound to happen sooner or later <.>
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Since we're technically past the "holiday" season, I would guess that to be a correct assumption.

Of course, since that's what I'm guessing, I am probably wrong. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    They probably didn't specify so we gold merchants can't shoot up gold prices on the last day.
    I do kinda wonder about this. What exactly is PWI's motive for not giving dates?

To me, a fixed end date seems like free marketing hype. People start buying like crazy before the sale ends. But with no end-date, there's no last minute rush.

That means no last-minute bidding up of Gold, but PWI has a history of preferring profits over low Gold prices, so I'm wondering why they're choosing to do this.
    Man, this might be one of the biggest compliments I've ever received! b:victoryb:chuckle

Seriously, though, are you actually having trouble now just because of my guides? I have to admit I haven't noticed much change in the competition since I started posting them, and I also have lots of people telling me the strategies are still working for them.

Besides, it's not like I'm actually one of the top merchants out there, and I've admitted I owe a lot of my knowledge to others on the forums who've shared it in the past. I'm probably a solid B+, or maybe A- among merchants, and so I feel like we under-achievers need to pool our collective mediocrity in order to compete with elite merchants who don't share their knowledge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • appleminion
    appleminion Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    isnt really a sale if its in boutique forever!
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Good merchants know how to adapt. Markets change. Deal with it or get left in the dust.

I'm one of those left in the dust *sobs*
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I do kinda wonder about this. What exactly is PWI's motive for not giving dates?

To me, a fixed end date seems like free marketing hype. People start buying like crazy before the sale ends. But with no end-date, there's no last minute rush.

I thought it was a result of the outcry when they removed the +11/+12 orbs before the stated end date. It lets them cover their rears if they ever again choose to pull a sale (for whatever reason) only a couple days after it starts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    what ever happened to that thing where pw china wanted them to tone down the sales to increase the long term game life? did i just make that up in my head? seems like i might have...
    It's TollingBell b:angry
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    what ever happened to that thing where pw china wanted them to tone down the sales to increase the long term game life? did i just make that up in my head? seems like i might have...

Well, PWI agreed to do it, and cut off sales and adjusted prices up on rank items, packs, the lot. China smiled and went back to forcing their workers to work better. PWI then made silly faces at China (maybe someone can link a troll face for me?), and pretended it never happened.
    Then they make silly faces at the people who still buy them a Ferarri and swimming pool, whilst thinking of more ways to milk them, but not do anything to cheer up the community as a whole which would cause them to put down the tequila.

They are probably making silly faces at me right ... oh wait ... yeah ... right ... nnnnnnnnnnooooowww.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    oh well, yummy dust

uh can you see this game going down?
    what when haf of the super active people is full rank9 +12 ?
    what will come next? rank 10? or something interesting?

i heard you cant see many r9 on china servers -
    but here, damage is done? it leaked! we doomed D:::
    i like potato
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012

That means no last-minute bidding up of Gold, but PWI has a history of preferring profits over low Gold prices, so I'm wondering why they're choosing to do this.

Man, this might be one of the biggest compliments I've ever received! b:victoryb:chuckle

Seriously, though, are you actually having trouble now just because of my guides? I have to admit I haven't noticed much change in the competition since I started posting them, and I also have lots of people telling me the strategies are still working for them.

Besides, it's not like I'm actually one of the top merchants out there, and I've admitted I owe a lot of my knowledge to others on the forums who've shared it in the past. I'm probably a solid B+, or maybe A- among merchants, and so I feel like we under-achievers need to pool our collective mediocrity in order to compete with elite merchants who don't share their knowledge.

Frankie has said on the forums they are not giving end dates now because the marketing team "wanted to try something different."

Not bothered to search for that post but the quote is the quote.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I thought it was a result of the outcry when they removed the +11/+12 orbs before the stated end date. It lets them cover their rears if they ever again choose to pull a sale (for whatever reason) only a couple days after it starts.

That doesn't explain the months-long sales we're seeing though. While I would like to see sales end, I'd also like to know when it will happen so that I can buy things I'd not otherwise while they're still on sale. I'm not going to buy things I don't need right now if there's no pressing need to and there's no evidence of the price changing. However, if it's something I like to have around and the sale's gonna be ending, I would stock up.

Basically, I am not going to buy things just because they're on permasale. I'm more likely to buy things I don't need if I know the price is about to go up. Lack of sale end dates doesn't help PWE get the discretionary income of players like me.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I'm one of those left in the dust *sobs*

Awww *pat pat. Hands a stack of notes*
  • Naturion - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    and I also have lots of people telling me the strategies are still working for them.

meh thoose strategies ur talking about are still working, just that theres x10 times more people doing it now, the profit is alot less then before -.- ahuuuuuge difference. but oh well, cant change anything now anyways. GL with ur guides seems that ur doing fine.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    meh thoose strategies ur talking about are still working, just that theres x10 times more people doing it now, the profit is alot less then before -.- ahuuuuuge difference. but oh well, cant change anything now anyways. GL with ur guides seems that ur doing fine.

Because the game is getting more and more flooded with coin, therefor there is more and more people with money to merchant.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Still managed to make 1.2 billion from just reselling packs during the sale. If that's not easy money I'm really jealous of what you're used to raking in b:dirty
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    Still managed to make 1.2 billion from just reselling packs during the sale. If that's not easy money I'm really jealous of what you're used to raking in b:dirty

I farmed 1.2 bil in first week b:surrender
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• mrbufarra
    mrbufarra Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You all QQ so much
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I can make 10-15 mil a day selling rep.

No your not making hundreds of mil a week anymore. But to blame warren for that is silly. Its because of the sales not ending... Almost everyone who reads that guide tries merching for a week, gets bored, goes back to farming and being broke. And even the people that do read it will STILL buy off catshops cuz theyre lazy as ****.
    <3 b:cute
  • Vgravge - Archosaur
    Vgravge - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2012

Made well over 2bil. Thats when you stocked up on cheap 1.1mil gold and quit and come back to this 1.9m gold price great success b:victory Will be back next year lol