Evasive Sin Skills

Options
lalhima
lalhima Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Assassin
Can anyone tell me the difference between Focused Mind and Tidal Protection?

Does Tidal Protection evades attacks like Focused Mind does?
Post edited by lalhima on

Comments

• Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Focused Mind has a chance to make an attack only do 1 damage. Tidal Protection has a (high, far too high) chance to resist any status effect like stun, seal, sleep, freeze, extreme poison etc. The demon version adds a weaker tidal effect to focused mind and a weaker focused mind effect to tidal - Which usually leads to you failing your debuffs on the sin while hitting for 1 damage. b:surrender
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • lalhima
    lalhima Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Focused Mind has a chance to make an attack only do 1 damage. Tidal Protection has a (high, far too high) chance to resist any status effect like stun, seal, sleep, freeze, extreme poison etc. The demon version adds a weaker tidal effect to focused mind and a weaker focused mind effect to tidal - Which usually leads to you failing your debuffs on the sin while hitting for 1 damage. b:surrender

So , Tidal Protection ( lvl 10 ) only evade atcks w/ those special debuffs, n not any normal atcks?
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    lalhima wrote: »
    So , Tidal Protection ( lvl 10 ) only evade atcks w/ those special debuffs, n not any normal atcks?

Tidal (NEGATIVE STATUS EFFECTS) is only for debuffs or movement debuffs, you can`t evade skills (1 dmg) like focused mind, focused mind is the evasion of all enemy skills, hence, the percentage is lower by half.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The panda is placing this question in the Assassin sub-forum.

-moved-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    This was brought up in faction chat so I'll add it on here:

Does anyone notice level 11 Tidal and Focused seem to be less effective than level 10?
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    @Saku Not really. I find it the other way around. I absolutely love demon Tidal/FM.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!