Explain WHY my money is no longer good

kyrinrayne
kyrinrayne Posts: 46 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
Afternoon,
I know there are a lot of people here who complain about how PWI are good diggers and just want our money. So I am writing this to ask why after making several purchases my money is no longer accepted.
Is it that I use a debit card account so the money can be pulled directly from my account?
Is it the state in which I reside in?
Or is it that I am NOW required to send in physical documentation verifying who I am?

Lets see shall we?

Dear ******,

After a security check we need you to verify your recent payment by providing the following:

- A full colour copy of a valid, official identification document; such as your international passport (double page), national identity card or drivers licence (front and back). This is required in order for us to verify your identity.
- A copy of a paper utility bill (Gas Bill/Electricity Bill) or bank statement issued in the last three months clearly displaying your name and address. This is required in order for us to verify your address.

The required documents/information should be sent via email to security@moneybookers.com.

Please accept our apologies for any possible inconvenience, however Skrill (Moneybookers) must adhere to strict security standards which are there to protect your payment privacy. Please be aware that you will not be able to process further payments via Skrill (Moneybookers) until you comply with this request.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

Kind regards,

Skrill (Moneybookers) Security

Really...I work for a large bank. Why can they not run verid on me? Funny how we can at the bank enough to issue credit but they can't enough to accept my debit card. I'm not asking for credit from them. I am just trying to make a purchase & take advantage of the current sale that you sent to my e-mail.

Register

Due to legal restrictions, we cannot accept registrations from residents of Tennessee.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience!

cancel

So now being a native resident of the USA-lived here ALL my life. Now I see that due to my choice of states in which I reside I am not allowed to register on Money brokers.

So now I wonder how can PWI be gold diggers when the partner they have chosen to do business with is denying customers the ability to make purchases on their website.

In closing although I am by no means psychic I foresee a mass loss of revenue as more and more of your customers are subjected to the drama and highly unreasonable request from your partner. In closing a company is only as good as it's product, it's convenience & it's customer service.

Hope you take the time to fix this PWI. BTW there is no point in listing a phone# for your billing department if you NEVER clear out your messages.

Thanks
Mer
Post edited by kyrinrayne on

Comments

• Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Send a ticket, that's money business and no GM is gonna discuss that with you on a public forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    wow i known i wont pay if that is how it turn out for me.

there no way i would put such info no matter what
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    why dont you just use paypal if you have a bank account?? Moneybooks is stupid and always has been... paypal is much safer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyrinrayne
    edited December 2011
    I appreciate all the feedback. Really bummed that they would subject me to this. I plan to look into paypal as I will NEVER use moneybrokers for anything.

Enjoy your day folks.
    Mer

PS
    I did submit this as a ticket to PWI but I also feel that folks here should be aware of this issue which is why I posted it here as well.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    why dont you just use paypal if you have a bank account?? Moneybooks is stupid and always has been... paypal is much safer

I disagree; paypal is just as shady. Last winter, I purchased some zen via paypal, and though I recieved the zen and my account was debited, I suddenly was charged a second time three days later. Apparently, paypal had decided that "the payment was declined" and tried again to debit my account for the money. The result? I became overdrawn, and paypal refused to stop trying to take the money from my account every few days, which continued to rack up even more fees with my bank. After about two weeks of trying to get paypal to stop the nonsense, I finally said **** it and froze my account so they couldn't keep trying, then clsoed it after resolving my negative account. Amusingly enough, the account reopened for a bit because paypal tried to take money again while it was in teh process of closing, but luckily my bank agent managed to get me off the hook and keep the account closed. I can no longer do business with paypal due to "oweing them the money I never paid them" but you know what? Good riddance. I don't "owe" them anything. The money was taken from my account when I initially made the purchase, I recieved the zen when I initially made the purchase, it was paypal's decision to try and **** me over.

So I don't recommend paypal, nor do I recommend any of the recently popular middleman sites; kinda sad too, as they are all but required for everything purchased online nowadays. I now gt my zen via Ultimate Gamer cards or actual PWI cards purchased at Rite-Aid or a similar carrier.
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    thats also not pwi that isnt taking your money its moneybookers. they are a seperate group like paypal and is based internationally so no-one on pwi's website or who works for pwi can fix that for you. you need to contact moneybookers
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    THIS is the reason why I buy cards. My other option is to pay directly through my bank. The cards are the safest imo but using my bank debit card is also quite safe I have found.

I prefer to not to do the bank route though, where as it would be too easy for me to spend too much lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • kyrinrayne
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    After much thought I wanted to let all who read this know I appreciate your thoughts on this as well as your feedback. I have contacted Moneybrokers and closed the account with them. An account I might add I never wanted to open in the first place but was forced to do so because of the partnership they have with PWI. When you use a credit/debit card on the PWI website to purchase Zen it routes you automatically through Moneybrokers. I never sought out Money brokers to conduct my transaction with PWI but was merely trying to make a purchase with PWI and was forced to use Moneybrokers to complete the transaction.
    I work for a bank and found it very interesting that Money brokers requires physical forms of verification to prove identity while the bank I work for can process an application over the internet/phone/an in stores granting lines of credit all without in some cases requiring ANY physical documentation (stores being the exception). So for me who is NOT opening any line of credit with them to have to provide physical and sensitive documentation to prove who I am just to make a purchase with my own credit/debit card for a GAME is purely ludicrous.
    PWI I know this is not wholly you as you have limited control over your partners procedures. I do want to point out that you do have the ability to negotiate with your partner. When a partner is costing you revenue and I'm not just talking about my measly purchase then it's time to consider opening up negotiations with another more cutting edge partner. A partner who can conduct business for you that leaves your customers happy and wanting to continue to do business with you in the future.

BTW: I was advised by Money brokers that they do this to ALL their customers which is a lie as I talked to my factions mates who advised they have used Moneybrokers/Skrill and have NEVER been required to provide physical documentation.
    Also when I asked to be transferred to their security department so I could answer any question they may have to ensure my identity. I was advised that they didn't TALK to anyone and that all communication had to go through the email.

PS.
    My husband just ran Moneybrokers/Skrill through ripoff.com and guess what they are listed there. More interesting reading.

Thanks for your time & I hope the read is enlightening. I know it was for me.
    Mer
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Cards only for me then, cause if Moneybrokers is listed in ripoff, and Paypal is infested with phishermen living in their hi-rise downtown Somalia cardboard boxes wanting all my info... yeah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    For what it's worth, I signed up for a PayPal account about 10 years ago. I hardly ever use it anymore, but my account has remained open and I haven't had any problems with phishing attempts, hijacking, fraudulent charges, or any of the other nastiness that people tend to associate with it.

I used Moneybookers at some point because PWI didn't have the option to use a credit/debit card without out a middle man. I had never even heard of the company until I started playing this game. There are a few reasons why I won't ever use that option again. Any of you ever checked your statements after using Moneybookers? I was charged 30 cents for every transaction since I live in the US. That's not okay with me. Now they are trying to claim that they require everyone to send them scanned copies of their ID and a recent bill? That's a lie. I didn't have to do that. They gladly processed my transactions and took 30 cents for themselves each time!

Go with prepaid cards or one of the other payment options. Personally, I have nothing bad to say about my experiences with Google Checkout or even Paypal. I would prefer the option to use my credit or debit card without a middle man, but I feel that those are the lesser of the evils. Stay away from Moneybookers!
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I know exactly why.

After my second purchase with Moneybookers, my bank locked my card for fraudulent charges. They thought Moneybookers sounded suspicious, which I agree. It sounds shady as hell... like some money laundering gambling site or something.

So this probably meant a lot of companies performed chargebacks as well as denying charges. If you submit that info to them, they can easily prove that you willingly charged through them.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I had never heard of Moneybookers until this. The first time I used it, it was fast - the correct amount was taken and I had my zen right away. I was actually satisfied with Moneybookers.

Until it asked me to register. I did register, but I made a typo while entering my registered credit card. They refused to change the info, I couldn't re-register it or even DELETE the credit card to put up a new (same) one, and they eventually started to ask me for ID proof and whatnot.

The good thing is, if they wanna use that credit card, joke's on them: it's not valid. GL trying to figure out the typo. XD

I've had issues with PayPal too. I took the account to buy a laptop battery for my old laptop. The entire process took less than 10 minutes, and I had no problem whatsoever with it. But when I came to order zen from PWI... I got a warning saying it might take 24 hours because checks were needed. Eh, I was fine with that...

Except it took over a week and a half, and I was NOT a happy customer. I don't know if the checks were from PayPal or PWI, but there's a major difference between 24 hours and 2 weeks DX.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DustinAshe - Dreamweaver
    DustinAshe - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Here is the clincher,
    both PayPal and Moneybooker have reports on rip off. com!

Paypal has over 1800 of them.

So the question is this: Whom do you trust your online transactions with?

Tanks,
    DA
    [Mer husband (irl)]