Knockback Arrow on instance mobs/bosses?

PrettyBunny - Lost City
PrettyBunny - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Archer
Hi guys, I'm just wondering, does the skill level of Knockback Arrow affect what you can and cannot knockback in instances/caves? Like if I can't knockback a monster in a cave at level 1 knockback arrow skill, will I be able to knock it back if I level up my Knockback Arrow skill?
Post edited by PrettyBunny - Lost City on

Comments

• Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    No, lvling it up only makes the knockback further.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Except leveling it up doesn't increase knockback distance. >_> Why do noobs keep thinking this?

There's a reason it's left at level 1 unless you have sage/demon version or actually care about the miniscule damage add-on.
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Except leveling it up doesn't increase knockback distance. >_> Why do noobs keep thinking this?

There's a reason it's left at level 1 unless you have sage/demon version or actually care about the miniscule damage add-on.

oh b:laugh

that shows exactly how much i've ever used knockback arrow I guess.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Knockback doesn't seem to work in all instances. When knockback doesn't work Wingspan doesn't seem to knockback either nor does the Earthquake knockback skill.

But even when all my knockback skills aren't working the wizzies are still seem able to use theirs.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    laloner wrote: »
    But even when all my knockback skills aren't working the wizzies are still seem able to use theirs.

Can you name an example of such a mob?

As far as I know, some mobs can be knocked back, and some cannot. I know Seeker or Mystic Knockback works in PvP whereas Archer's do not, but I thought Wizards were the same as Archers?
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    My brother and I are a Wizard and Archer duo for the most part. To the best of my knowledge some mobs are immune to knockback (that or pwi programmed them wrong and knockback just does not work <,<).

What one might think is the wizard knockback is Force of Will. Force of Will seals the target, and if used in PvE generally causes the mob to run away from you while sealed. Archers are capable of achieving this with Sage Aim Low, though it is only a 25% chance. The seal proc is also capable of procing without the freeze, as I have had this happen to me several times.

Afaik, Will of the Phoenix works similarly to our knockback but is also AoE and leveling it does increase the knockback distance to a considerable amount. A wizard and archer are quite capable of killing most mobs without getting hit through stunlock/knockback.

As for leveling knockback arrow, I would leave it at 1 to maximize mp efficiency. Sage is nice for the shorter cooldown, I forget what demon does offhand (chi proc perhaps?)
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Chi proc is correct.

Very nice post that did a great job of explaining it.