Mystic Tome for Assassins

Options
BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Assassin
OK Guys. I decided to restart with a sin from scratch...but since i have some money i would like to get a mystic tome....well i could afford a lvl 3 on.
I had a Hp recovery one before and it was quite nice....since it also worked during combat.. plus bloodpaint....well i liked it
but now i am not sure if it is really worth it. I mean you could get better recovery rate through bp if you are having more dex.
So what do you thing.
Should i get +9 Hp Recovery or +15 Dex?
Considering Bloodpaint.

And i would like to know what assassins gain per point of vit and dex...i want to get my base vit up but i don't know where to stop so it won't hurt my dmg that much.
everyone has a different opinion

Thx for every help i can get.
Oh and don't start with: search the forum....i did and i wouldn't be posting here if i were satisfied with the answers^^
Post edited by BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    +DEX would be the best choice on the long term. +HP recovery is very useful at lower levels, but it loses effectiveness at higher levels where you'll have 6k+ hp (and where bloodpaint will cover you for most, if not all, incoming damage).

Assassins get 13 hp from 1 point of vit and a negligible amount of def (like 20 def for every 100 points). Upping your vit as an assassin is just a big NO.

You gain 1% crit rate per 20 dex like every other class and increases your damage by this formula:
    pwi wiki wrote:

In other words, without any masteries and buffs 1 point of DEX will increase your damage by 0.66%.

Dex is definitely where you want to put all your points into (while still following str requirements for gear) as an assassin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Fuzzy placing this one in the assassin sub-section for obvious reasons.

-moved-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hmm ok. My previous sin was pure dex....liked it....thought maybe a lil bit of vit at the beginning would be nice....but nah...i did make it without it quite well.
    thx for the reply btw^^
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I would actually chose a str/vit tome. On the double stat tomes you get more stat points and because you get +str from your tome you don't need to stat it when you are leveling. Then endgame, when you go to fix your stats and remove str down to the minimum you change your tome and you are that much closer to perfect stats.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    vit is a touchy subject for sins.... It is a yes and no kind of debate even for people who do use it.

A moderate vit is used by most sins of 1 vit every other lvl evening out to about 50 vit by 100. But many will restat back to 5 vit at 100

You could try end game gear with half and half of Dots and savants if you can afford it. Maintain the 50 or so vit and shard half dots and half savants evening out to almost 200 vit and about 70+ att lvl passive (with catasophre daggers).

Would look something like this

http://pwcalc.com/1480217d2a579938

If you put nirvana daggers on that sin you can have a 4 aps sage or a 5 aps demon but with less physical dmg.
    If you get a nirvana hat (ancestral hat) and restat about 13 str to dex you will have slightly less hp (about 10900) but will further raise att lvl by 5 and slightly increase dmg

Just gotta play around with it to suit your tastes really
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    vit is a touchy subject for sins.... It is a yes and no kind of debate even for people who do use it.

A moderate vit is used by most sins of 1 vit every other lvl evening out to about 50 vit by 100. But many will restat back to 5 vit at 100

You could try end game gear with half and half of Dots and savants if you can afford it. Maintain the 50 or so vit and shard half dots and half savants evening out to almost 200 vit and about 70+ att lvl passive (with catasophre daggers).

Would look something like this

http://pwcalc.com/1480217d2a579938

If you put nirvana daggers on that sin you can have a 4 aps sage or a 5 aps demon but with less physical dmg.
    If you get a nirvana hat (ancestral hat) and restat about 13 str to dex you will have slightly less hp (about 10900) but will further raise att lvl by 5 and slightly increase dmg

Just gotta play around with it to suit your tastes really

Some advice on your advice, don't show people mixed shard items. If you're going to shard DoT put them all in x number of items. This goes the same for vit stones. The reason for this you might ask? If you ever decided to to go full Vit Stone or Full DoT you'll be purging some of the shards you want to keep which is kinda backwards from what you would want to do.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Some advice on your advice, don't show people mixed shard items. If you're going to shard DoT put them all in x number of items. This goes the same for vit stones. The reason for this you might ask? If you ever decided to to go full Vit Stone or Full DoT you'll be purging some of the shards you want to keep which is kinda backwards from what you would want to do.

You have a point however the point that I was trying to make is to be half and half... Thats the plan.

If I am not mistaken he is 74 asking about his end game so he is setting up his plan on what he wants to do end game. I gave him other options to increase and tweak and he is welcome to change it as he sees fit. He gets an idea early on so he doesn't have to back track much later on when it really matters.

I will agree that you do have a point for those people that hit 100 throw stuff together randomly... it is a good idea.

But for the educated ones that is what the calculator is for... to get an idea

However, one point to be made even if I seperated them to all be 4 sockets 3 dots gear and 3 vit gear... No matter what you are gonna spend a huge amount of cash to reshard the half you don't want later (if someone were to go pure build)

A build like that on any toon is gonna cost about $3500 (or months of farming) after its all said and done

Ask me how I know thisb:surrender

I put it up there because I am tired of seeing the same run of the mill builds for sins... Everyone has the same pieces with the same shards and refines. 95% or higher are demons... This stirs the pot a lil and shows you can do something a lil different and still get results equal to improved results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_