SilverCleric, the PW Nostradamus!!!!

Options
ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
edited January 2012 in General Discussion
So I was searching threads randomly, just perousing around... When I stumbled upon this post, it gave me chills! b:shocked

The post is from February 20th, 2010 at 1:03pm! Almost 2 years ago.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6866102&postcount=6

Which is quoted for your convenience below!
What would PWI be like in 10 years?
Maybe...

~More classes
~Higher gold prices because of more sells.
~Maybe more events.
~A low chance of all classes getting more skills.
~The PWI map getting bigger.
~Maybe another server (a PvP server).
~More QQ.
~More weapons, Armor, etc.
~More Oracle like things for the cash shop.
~More cash shop items.
~There's a of chance of the game dieing.
~Lastly more air and ground mounts.

That's my best guess of what might happen to this game in 10 years. b:laugh
More classes? Check.
Higher gold due to more sales? Check.
More events? Yea a lot more lol.
Classes getting more skills? As soon as PW-Cn gives em to us we do!
Map getting bigger? New classes, of course it got bigger.
Another server? Like the French/German ones!? :o
More QQ? You betcha!
More weapons and armor? Does R9 count?? Hell yes it does!!
Oracle like things? Like hypers... O.o
More CS items...? Need I answer this one? -.-
Game dying? Sure seems like its halfway there.
More air and ground mounts? Seems to be the only "new" part of all the "new" packs we get xP

Only problem is...he said 10 years, it only took 2. :\

Discuss, what will PW be like in 2 more years?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No one thinks he a sorcerer of some kind? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    He's a cleric of course. We're required to have excellent prediction skills.

b:avoid

I'm not sure where the game'll be in 2 years exactly. I remember back when gold was only 300k and there were no packs. It seemed like the game was doing fine.

Now, well...<_< With the recent influx of threads today about PWI flushing it's future down the pipes, I'm not expecting 2012 to be particularly good. Although I did hear that they bought out another large company, so with any luck they'll be able to pull themselves out of this downward spiral of fail and possibly attempt to stabilize the in game economy somehow.

Or they'll crash and burn and we'll all have to find something else to waste time on. b:surrender Not trying to be pessimystic, just going off the facts is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    He's a cleric of course. We're required to have excellent prediction skills.

b:avoid

I'm not sure where the game'll be in 2 years exactly. I remember back when gold was only 300k and there were no packs. It seemed like the game was doing fine.

Now, well...<_< With the recent influx of threads today about PWI flushing it's future down the pipes, I'm not expecting 2012 to be particularly good. Although I did hear that they bought out another large company, so with any luck they'll be able to pull themselves out of this downward spiral of fail and possibly attempt to stabilize the in game economy somehow.

Or they'll crash and burn and we'll all have to find something else to waste time on. b:surrender Not trying to be pessimystic, just going off the facts is all.

They own cryptic studios now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PWI needs to have an expansion before 2012. this is gonna be a very monumental year for mmo games. developers are breaking down all sorts of barriers and stopping the fundamental formula that every mmo follows. now that the mmo has been around for so long, people may be getting tired of the same old thing. Pwi is gonna have to work hard to stay in the game, as will any other current existing mmo. Most of the people playing right now already have their eyes set on a game or two coming out soon.

so 2 years? pfft. in 2 years pwi will be that thing some people talk about, and some pretend not to remember.

but not to be all negative, the expansion with new skills coming up DOES in fact show hope. Its not an amazing chance, but pwi may actually get their act together before its too late.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    if this was true they would have to make all melee classes we able to farm more or less equally or from now on only rainbow instances with much much bigger bonuses the more ppl are in them with more class diversity.

like to have the extra bigger drop always make sure to have one of each a tank (barb seeker) check and cleric/mistic) check. and many different dd giving greater bonuses to drops.

this alone will make sure ppl go more in party and rebalance on the farming wish is needed to gear up ppl.

ppl say barb are needed but you need to make a claw barb or int melee class to get on the farming instance.
    hallo can ppl be more greedy and ppl call ppl like me cash shopper greedy and i become one after i realised i wont ever we wanted as a non claw barb farm party so i say **** this mentality and i buy my gear and max it without meeting or doing with the masses tell me to do.

it is very important to make sure all classes are welcome in farming instances and have a role just as they have in tw.
  • Midokka - Sanctuary
    Midokka - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    They own cryptic studios now.

they are also in kahoots with Nexon
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PWI needs to have an expansion before 2012. this is gonna be a very monumental year for mmo games. developers are breaking down all sorts of barriers and stopping the fundamental formula that every mmo follows. now that the mmo has been around for so long, people may be getting tired of the same old thing. Pwi is gonna have to work hard to stay in the game, as will any other current existing mmo. Most of the people playing right now already have their eyes set on a game or two coming out soon.

so 2 years? pfft. in 2 years pwi will be that thing some people talk about, and some pretend not to remember.

but not to be all negative, the expansion with new skills coming up DOES in fact show hope. Its not an amazing chance, but pwi may actually get their act together before its too late.

PW doesn't have to work hard to stay in the game because they aren't even in it. Few people that play MMOs know about PW or have a second thought about it if they did. PW still has less features and is less polished than some 5-6 year old games. Simple things that any decent MMO has took ages to add (tab targetting, keybinds.. like wtf).

PW is like a C grade F2P MMO that was at one point underrated but is now simply a medium for people in need of an ego boost and some disposable cash. It's not a game in the sense that it needs to worry much about population declining due to new AAA releases. Anyone who is aware of upcoming releases contains enough knowledge about MMOs to not waste their time on this game.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    *gets out chalkboard*

SILVER is a metal and CHAIR is a piece of furniture. Metal. Furniture.

Metal is shiny and Furniture is a house hold object.

Now BEAR WITH ME.

METAL is SHINY like SILVER. Silver is very popular with RICH PEOPLE. And rich people mostly came from ARISTOCRACY.

Furniture is like COUCHES and TABLES. COUCH. Couch is the Anglicized version of the word Coucher which is FRENCH.

FRENCH. ARISTOCRACY.

FRENCH.

FRANCIS.

FRANKIE.

SILVERCHAIR MUST BE FRANKIERAYE. b:shockedb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    *gets out chalkboard*

Now BEAR WITH ME.

METAL is SHINY like SILVER. Silver is very popular with RICH PEOPLE. And rich people mostly came from ARISTOCRACY.

Furniture is like COUCHES and TABLES. COUCH. Couch is the Anglicized version of the word Coucher which is FRENCH.

FRENCH. ARISTOCRACY.

FRENCH.

FRANCIS.

FRANKIE.

Cool story bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    *gets out chalkboard*

Now BEAR WITH ME.

FRENCH. ARISTOCRACY.

FRENCH.

FRANCIS.

FRANKIE.

Been watching Conspiracy Theory again, I see...

Did you remember to take your meds?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I have to get Silver to look at this xDD.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    *gets out chalkboard*

Now BEAR WITH ME.

FRENCH. ARISTOCRACY.

FRENCH.

FRANCIS.

FRANKIE.

Except there's no "chair" anywhere in his name. This was entertaining, however.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:cry
    I misread in my excitement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:cry
    I misread in my excitement.

*gets out mini chalk board*

his name is silvercleric.

the end.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So I was searching threads randomly, just perousing around... When I stumbled upon this post, it gave me chills! b:shocked

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=6866102&postcount=6

Which is quoted for your convenience below!

More classes? Check.
    Higher gold due to more sales? Check.
    More events? Yea a lot more lol.
    Classes getting more skills? As soon as PW-Cn gives em to us we do!
    Map getting bigger? New classes, of course it got bigger.
    Another server? Like the French/German ones!? :o
    More QQ? You betcha!
    More weapons and armor? Does R9 count?? Hell yes it does!!
    Oracle like things? Like hypers... O.o
    More CS items...? Need I answer this one? -.-
    Game dying? Sure seems like its halfway there.
    More air and ground mounts? Seems to be the only "new" part of all the "new" packs we get xP

Only problem is...he said 10 years, it only took 2. :\

Discuss, what will PW be like in 2 more years?

............b:shocked

I guess I have psychic powers now....O.o

Nope.avi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ............b:shocked

I guess I have psychic powers now....O.o

Tell us oh wise one!! What will become of this game in just 2 more years?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

>>THIS<<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited December 2011
    Options

Oh My Gosh!!

Help Us Oh Wise One Q.q

:3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    *gets out chalkboard*

Now BEAR WITH ME.

FRENCH. ARISTOCRACY.

FRENCH.

FRANCIS.

FRANKIE.

Oo .....
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • PerfectsS - Sanctuary
    PerfectsS - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

its simple ...

a) download the game and install

b) create an account (free) and login

1 - Name - XXX (not available ? - > 10$ to make it available)

2 - Gender - male/female for free , hybrid 15$

3 - Choose your lvl
    - lvl 1 (damn u are poor)
    - lvl 50 (75$ now we're talking)
    - lvl 99 (150$ u're getting there)
    -lvl 105 (500$ JACKPOT)
    4 - Choose your fashion - from 0$ to 150$ (u can choose any color and size and designer)
    5 - Choose your gear
    - standard (noobs get it free)
    - TT/lunar - 100$
    - nirvana / R8 -250$
    - r8 recast/ R9 - 1200$
    - R9 recast - GTFO 2500$
    6 - Refine your gear -
    +5 - . $
    +10 - o $
    +12 - o_O $
    +15 (platinum card only - hidden in player info )
    7 - Confirm button which leads to the most important , no. 8

8 - CREDIT CARD INFO

9 - payment accepted -> enjoy your stay ...and remember PWI is FREE to play

feel free to improve the list and give the owners new and better ideas to make MOAR profit

would save ppl a lot of time buying FC heads / hypers oracles and pretending to actually play the game ...
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

The PWI its predictable.Playing it and reading info/forums on the web you can figure it out what will be next.
    Try to predict something which is not a following action or a result of some present facts :)
    Jules Verne's novels "predicted" the trip on the moon of the human kind, the cell phones ...and at that time most of ppl couldnt imagine these things.Now we send rovers to Mars, or using a cell phone its a normal thing.
    Nostradamus predicted that the human kind will make a real contact with an intelligent alien specie around the year 3700 (+/- 70-80 years).And on those old days the church has inquisition hunting for witches or witchcraftings if im correct (thats why some ppl said Nostradamus needed to "encrypt" his visions not be acused by witchcrafting) b:chuckle
    Nostradamus predicted the world war something like : "men with pig snouts will fly on iron birds which will spit fire. The night sky will be lighten by the fire.."
    men with pig snouts = men with gas masks
    iron birds = airplanes
    spit fire = airplanes firing with tracer bullets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • KillerKing - Dreamweaver
    KillerKing - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol in 2 years i fully expect a brand new crowd of people, as for everyone who joing before 2009 will be gone just like the majority of people from 2008, hell more then half the people from 2010 are gone lolz but yea the second a free to play game comes out where the camera isn't totally annoying, or the motion doesn't make my woman sick, gonna be gone just like that lol i mean people can say they don't like change, but when it comes right down to it i think pwi will reset all servers before they change the way they want to market things and i'm not trying to say the packs aren't profitable, they are a great way to make money, the cons to the whole thing is people can get to 100 in weeks now which used to take months and months even for the cash shoppers of 2009, these days u get to 105 spend tons of RL money on great armor and then this feeling relative to a bad taste in your mouth kicks in while you realize yea my main kicks *** but not a whole lot to do but pk the 5 other people with R9 armor on my server and stand around pretending to be afk since every instance is devoid of challenge. it used to be about theories on the best way to do things and the results always proved themselves in the end, these days it's about who can spend the most money here and there reguardless of how it's earned.

take this as an example of how easy it is to lvl. say you have a single character for the sake of arguement a bm in the upper 90's so u decide u wanna make a psy or whatever, aoe on your bm at say ants in the harshlands ish, 2x drops = millions of coins in a few hours, add in 2x dq points and u can sell the drops for 7100 ish in 1k streams on my server, now take the 5 mil coins u collect over a few days make the psy and then buy some hypers and spam 500k FF runs till your broke, rinse repeat till lvl 80 then join real FF's and use the grinding money to update your eq to semi respectable bs, TT mats are cheaper because of the flood of mats anyway.

and that in short depending on where your source of money comes from pretty much dictates that if u sold 5 gold you can be lvl 80 in 3-4 days which used to take ~3 months maybe 4 from the time i started and you truly had no life. from the date i started it took me till december to hit lvl 50 >.> no bh, no events, only CS and yet the game was like a race to get to the top, obviously the cash shoppers spent their time and money on things like oracles, hyper exp was still just a dream, it all sounds well and good but if they don't raise the lvl cap to 150 soon or at least 115 or something it's gonna be game over for pwi

Not ranting Q-Q ing or complaining in anyway just really high throwing my thoughts out in places they probably don't belong rofl
  • Cioud - Dreamweaver
    Cioud - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    its simple ...

a) download the game and install

b) create an account (free) and login

1 - Name - XXX (not available ? - > 10$ to make it available)

2 - Gender - male/female for free , hybrid 15$

3 - Choose your lvl
    - lvl 1 (damn u are poor)
    - lvl 50 (75$ now we're talking)
    - lvl 99 (150$ u're getting there)
    -lvl 105 (500$ JACKPOT)
    4 - Choose your fashion - from 0$ to 150$ (u can choose any color and size and designer)
    5 - Choose your gear
    - standard (noobs get it free)
    - TT/lunar - 100$
    - nirvana / R8 -250$
    - r8 recast/ R9 - 1200$
    - R9 recast - GTFO 2500$
    6 - Refine your gear -
    +5 - . $
    +10 - o $
    +12 - o_O $
    +15 (platinum card only - hidden in player info )
    7 - Confirm button which leads to the most important , no. 8

8 - CREDIT CARD INFO

9 - payment accepted -> enjoy your stay ...and remember PWI is FREE to play

feel free to improve the list and give the owners new and better ideas to make MOAR profit

would save ppl a lot of time buying FC heads / hypers oracles and pretending to actually play the game ...

PWI is free to play, granted you'll never have the eq worthy of R9 +12 chars so you won't be PVPin much, your probably get your *** stomped in TW but at least you'll be able to pve it till your bored. you may be able to get some nirvy lunar gear in a monh or so of some magical money making scheme course u might wind up with a bag ful of TT stuff nobody will buy. you may even try to grind up the 40 mil for that lunar wep. in the end it really is free to play but if u wanna have fun your gonna need a little extra a month >.> say 50$ at least to keep in the game with all the other cash shoppers, if there were no cash shoppers F2P wouldn't be as much of a joke as it is when everyone realises this
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If this game survives that long, the only players left will be cashshoppers and major merchants.

also, all those "predictions" made by silver cleric were kind of obvious common sense type things.
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If this game survives that long, the only players left will be cashshoppers and major merchants.

also, all those "predictions" made by silver cleric were kind of obvious common sense type things.

Not to mention, those things already started happening before he predicted it.
  • LishaLove - Archosaur
    LishaLove - Archosaur Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    And that's exactly what I thought when I read this post, Not to be rude but all of those come in time with any F2p games :o Even MMOS. . .

But in the case he was right, he was. Even though it was common senseb:pleased
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Siliverchair. One of my fav bands. :)