Increase how many quests we can hold

Options
Tazi - Heavens Tear
Tazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Is there a real reason we cannot hold more than 20 quests?

I often have to trash quests just to get in and out of places or to do FBs and similar things.

I find this very annoying. I am slow to do my quests, but I do them. I hold BHs for a while and I have the Guild Base Dailies. I stopped doing the daily one for blessings and a perfect stone because I do not have the space.

I just discovered a quest I trashed was actually to open the remaining OHT maps. I had to trash it to get into guild base.....

Now I have to start it over. I do not have tons of time to get into TTs so I have MANY quests to finish in there as well as some 20x3 from FB99 and many other bosses for places that take time and squads.

I'm not complaining about the amount of things we have, just the lack of room to hold quests especially for those that love the game, but do not have the time outside of RL to devote to finishing some things.

Please, please increase the amount of quests we can hold. 40 would be a good number.

Thank you
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard - Tazi 100
Psychic - Anastaszia 70
Post edited by Tazi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The problem isn't with the 20 quest limit, it's that things like teleporting are considered "quests". I shouldn't need to have an open quest slot available to teleport into an instance or guild base. Then you have the dq rewards, which are now given via "ticket" items that must take up another quest slot, as well as openable items like fairy boxes and fantasy fruit bags. Quests slots should be for QUESTS.
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Actually, I think that the limit needs to be boosted as well. There are times that I am running around, and I am doin quests. If I have the opportuinity to grab it and finish what I am doin, that makes it more convenient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver
    Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The problem isn't with the 20 quest limit, it's that things like teleporting are considered "quests". I shouldn't need to have an open quest slot available to teleport into an instance or guild base. Then you have the dq rewards, which are now given via "ticket" items that must take up another quest slot, as well as openable items like fairy boxes and fantasy fruit bags. Quests slots should be for QUESTS.

AMEN!!! It is really annoying that things that are not actually quests take up a quest slot. If you are gonna call it a quest I want some dam xp for it.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    All those quests (including the quests for obtaining other quests c.f. Fanmail) should be tagged as "Ephemeral" or something. Those ephemeral quests should go into a separate quest log with, say, 3 slots.

Note that this approach would fix the "full quest log ticket glitch" which has been abused in various ways over the years.

Also note that this would require a LOT of work on the part of the devs, and PWE apparently doesn't bother telling them what we say anyhow. So, yeah, we're more likely to see snowmen in Momaganon than seeing this fixed anytime soon.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Jin_Wang - Lost City
    Jin_Wang - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

More quest spaces would be nice in my opinion. Not that I am complaining about quest hold limit as I do all of my normal, EG and tideborn quests before anything, pretty much I leave my quest list around 3-13. I also agree that quest slots should be reserved for quests only. However, I am not really annoyed by it actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

This ^ .Most annoying is the teleporting part.Can't tele to dungeons with quest list full.
    Also at the teleporter stone should specify all dungeons what lvl are . Many ppl asking which is bh 39 or 29 b:chuckle
    I played alot games but never seen this teleport as a quest or even so expensive teleporting few times around the world.... welcome to chinese games world.
    Edit :I bet there are a lot ppl here on community which really can improve the game on many ways with some good ideas!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I played alot games but never seen this teleport as a quest or even so expensive teleporting few times around the world.... welcome to chinese games world.

Regular teleports are not quests. Just "special" teleports like Cube of Fate, the Illusion Stone, and entering your Faction Base. Note that they are obtained like normal quests rather than normal teleports, too.

As for costs? At current gold prices, the most expensive teleport in the game costs about 1/3 of a U.S. cent. Even at lower levels, you can farm that much fairly quickly. Past level 30 or so, most quests can pay for a few "expensive" ports.

Pretty much, learn how to use the port system to your advantage. Almost anywhere you're going, there's a cheaper way. You just have to be a bit inventive. Just like real life travel, if you want convenient accommodations, you're going to pay more.

Also, don't port around Archosaur. b:angry If you really want to get from the forges to North without running through town, just Cube it. Seriously.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    20 quest max is just stupid with all the dailies they give now.
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

First of all YOU HAVE TO WRITE A TICKET TO SUPPORT before anything can get done. I know because I write them all the time and I have seen timely changes made. I know I couldn't believe it either but it's true.
    I don't believe the use of none quest tasks using the quest Log is the problem. Adding Quest log space is a never ending request, where do you draw the line. The Developers have to conserve memory and using the quest log is one way (the NOOB Programmers way) to do it. But I proposed that they use a temporary memory ques for things like teleporting, opening packs, or even picking up items that are already in your inventory but can not because the inventory is full. All that needs to be done is to have a temporary Variable made that will be deleted after the task is performed, it is a simple and common enough programming technique and I do not know why it was not used. Just create the function and plug it in, DONE. This stuff drives me crazy.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I can't count how many times lately that an FB tab has failed due to someone having a full quest list. And twice it happened on runs of WGTM that I was on, which messes up getting a medal for not only the full log person but also the leader of the group. It is worse now with BHs and powerlevelling rushing people through levels and making quests stack up. I definitely agree they need to increase the space allotted for quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't see what's the big deal, FC only has 2 quests in it... ....... .. . .... .. ..... ..
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i fully agree... quest list limit is outdated...

bh1 + bh2 + divine honor stack usually takes 10 slots, so only 10 slots left for other quests...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Not having enough quest slots has caused me many bad things in-game including having important quests fail (such as the Nirvana quest) and I wished we could hold more quests many times. But meh, don't think this will be changed.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★