You know what barbs need?

Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
A constant channel AOE.

I'd buy 100 Plat MP charms just to use it, if it looked kick ***, too.
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    So basically a seeker's vortex but they can move around with it b:question

Love it!

Let's make it do 10,000 times their base damage while we're at it!
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    psssh, barbs need to look like their humanoid form in animal form... I want to see giant panda barbs as actual pandas!
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Amusing, but...

All barbs really need is another increase in flesh ream aggro. Multiply current aggro factor by like 10x, we could actually hold aggro against 5 aps & caster nukes. We'd be useful in groups again.

It's not uncommon for tanks to do very little damage in mmo's. It is none the less quite ridiculous when they have no prayer at end game of doing so b:sad
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Let's make it do 10,000 times their base damage while we're at it!

And Sage barbs would still be out-dps'ed by 5APS characters.b:cry
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Amusing, but...

All barbs really need is another increase in flesh ream aggro. Multiply current aggro factor by like 10x, we could actually hold aggro against 5 aps & caster nukes. We'd be useful in groups again.

It's not uncommon for tanks to do very little damage in mmo's. It is none the less quite ridiculous when they have no prayer at end game of doing so b:sad

Fail devs are fail.

I still like the idea of watching my Barb burn through MP charms at some ridiculous rate while doing some neat constant Channel AOE.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Every barb i met in game was very nice,friendly and helpful.
    Barbs deserve a bonus like that . To be a barb ( a good one) you need a calling :)> To be borned for that.I'm not suprised when i meet a barb and its a "she" in real, even a mother. b:chuckleb:victory (mother's protective instinct)
    KrittyCat is one of the most friendly,helpful GM/Mod on the forums and he is a barb b:victory
    Oh,a bit late but Happy Birthday KrittyCat :)

Surprising or not, most rude/supercial ppl met are the ..assassins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    psssh, barbs need to look like their humanoid form in animal form... I want to see giant panda barbs as actual pandas!

+1...always wondered why they didn't implement that since it seems like something so basic and people always used to ask that back in the day. hehe
  • Piximin - Lost City
    Piximin - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Amusing, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkWIaKZt4jk
    That's how all teams will look in a matter of months, if it isnt already.

**** tanks!
    Who needs em, R8/R9 sins, a decent wf and a wr for hf and your good to go.
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    What every Barb needs is a couple Sins served up with eggs and hashbrowns. Otherwise, there aint enough to go around, and there will be a lot of Untamed going hungry!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Become a claw barb and still be a kick *** tank.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Barb indeed need again some agro boost.

The next expansion promises a new hatred generating move and one that boosts damage by 3% for each hit they take. Will help a bit, but I doubt it will be enough.

What some don't understand is that barb were meant to be the real tanks. And still were before sins came by.

I don't hate sins personnaly, I hate how devloppers gave them a wep with base damage too high for the APS possible with it. Sins can outdamage any class easy, it's not new, but they cannot (unless high refined) outlive a barb in PvE.

Too many times I saw 7-8k hp sins go "Leeeroooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyy Jennnnnnnnkinnnnnnssssss" to take lead on barb and end up dead...b:chuckle

They also can't save a squad liek a barb can do. Roar is extremely useful, as are Flesh realm, untamed wrath and even Frighten. but then again...They are good at briefly getting back agro against R8/R9 but it's too easy for most to get agro back.

Bump agro on barb, make flesh realm generate more as it was suggested. Give us (well i speak for my barb) a skill that does : "Forces enemy to completly ignore anyone but barb for "x" seconds"
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    S0 basically y0u t00k l0ngKnifes thread and made a c0py 0f it with edited w0rds??? Creativity is lacking these days I see..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Barb indeed need again some agro boost.

The next expansion promises a new hatred generating move and one that boosts damage by 3% for each hit they take. Will help a bit, but I doubt it will be enough.

What some don't understand is that barb were meant to be the real tanks. And still were before sins came by.

I don't hate sins personnaly, I hate how devloppers gave them a wep with base damage too high for the APS possible with it. Sins can outdamage any class easy, it's not new, but they cannot (unless high refined) outlive a barb in PvE.

Too many times I saw 7-8k hp sins go "Leeeroooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyy Jennnnnnnnkinnnnnnssssss" to take lead on barb and end up dead...b:chuckle

They also can't save a squad liek a barb can do. Roar is extremely useful, as are Flesh realm, untamed wrath and even Frighten. but then again...They are good at briefly getting back agro against R8/R9 but it's too easy for most to get agro back.

Bump agro on barb, make flesh realm generate more as it was suggested. Give us (well i speak for my barb) a skill that does : "Forces enemy to completly ignore anyone but barb for "x" seconds"

Sin Vs Barb...

My Sin, at 80, had 9k HP buffed, and could out DPS just about anyone else level 80.

My Barb, level 80, had 16.2k HP buffed, and fairly low DPS, but I could hold aggro against just about anything in the 80's, and some things in the 90's.

Sin now has 9.7k HP buffed at 99, with some unsharded and unrefined gear (wrists have immac cits in them, boots as well, both +0, leggings are +0 with no shards). I've statted myself down to 20 base vit now, too.

Barb at 85 has 17.8k HP.

I don't know what I'm gonna do with sin, other than farm Nirvana and events.

I don't know what I'm gonna do with barb, other than pull a cata in TW.

Then there's my BM, my Stunmaster. Has had 10K hp from level 80 on, currently at 12k hp buffed, 9.something unbuffed. I think I'm gonna do a little of everything with that one. :3

Barbs like my Sin. Sage BP is a bit more useful than Demon BP, especially on AOE's.

I've saved a squad on my Sin, many times. Barb was fail with 9K HP buffed in tiger form, and died in BH, and the 3 mobs went after the cleric until I poked Alpha Male. I tanked them on my Sin, and everyone lived except the Barb.

I don't see myself pulling an FCC on my Sin any time soon. But the DPS is there to make it go faster if the Barb can basically pull the entire thing.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Carebear_xD - Lost City
    Carebear_xD - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Amusing, but...

Changing the aggro system is better IMHO...

Flesh ream / untamed wraith takes aggro for 3 seconds
    Penetrate / Devour / Sunder increases threat level
    Roar resets aggro and takes aggro for 10 seconds and cooldown must be lowered while you level it.

And it can only be stolen if someone uses skills that take aggro
  • Kanrak - Sanctuary
    Kanrak - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'll be one happy camper if they made barbs the meat shields they were intended to be before Raging Tides came out...I will always be a Age of Spirits expansion fan.
  • dfdfdfdfdfds
    dfdfdfdfdfds Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    S0 basically y0u t00k l0ngKnifes thread and made a c0py 0f it with edited w0rds??? Creativity is lacking these days I see..

And using 0 for o is creative. b:chuckle

What barbs really need is aggro and haircuts \o/.
  • DeathlyTank - Harshlands
    DeathlyTank - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Changing the aggro system is better IMHO...

Flesh ream / untamed wraith takes aggro for 3 seconds
    Penetrate / Devour / Sunder increases threat level
    Roar resets aggro and takes aggro for 10 seconds and cooldown must be lowered while you level it.

And it can only be stolen if someone uses skills that take aggro

I like this idea. Especially roar. I've always found roar fairly useless. It's nice if you can't invoke and need a couple heals, but most people even in their 80s will steal aggro with one or two hits.

Managing a lot of mobs is tricky if you have really good DDs. Sometimes there's just no way to keep it, even with invoke, untamed wrath, triple spark, sunder, and then Armageddon. After you lose it the only way to get it back is Roar or Alpha Male, and anybody can Alpha Male. Roar just lets you get hit maybe one time if there's a vortex or dragon's breath up.
  • Katreck - Harshlands
    Katreck - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2011

i agreee :D that would be awesome! and will have logic :P
    better to see a wolfface turn into a wolf than into a tiger (wth? xD)
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    They need bows or bells around their necks when in tiger form. It would look soooo cute. Foxes need cute ones in hair.

Enoughs said.
  • Piximin - Lost City
    Piximin - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    they Need Bows Or Bells Around Their Necks When In Tiger Form. It Would Look Soooo Cute. Foxes Need Cute Ones In Hair.

Enoughs Said.

xD +1