why cant I jump in TT and other instances? not even small jumps like i see others do

myriot
myriot Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
I cant wrap my head around this problem. I know in instances jump is nerfed, but i cant even jump like others do. In TT 3-1+ my chars get stuck at doorways.And yes i doo try double jump, and relog also, but i cant pass some doorways sometimes and it seems random. Is this possibly a graphics setting or something i can adjust?? Very frustrating, please helpb:surrender
Post edited by myriot on

Comments

• ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    The fat is weighing y0u d0wn....

N0 y0u just can't jump in m0st instances because PWI d0es n0t want y0u t0 be like Mari0 and jump 0ver m0bs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like client to server lag. Check your ping when you're in the dungeon by holding your cursor over the Gear looking icon in the bottom right corner of the screen If it's the Ping number is in yellow or red, that might be causing your problem. Try turning on Best Performance when you're having issues jumping, or in the UI menu try turning down effects.

On a good day with 100-150 ping, I can do a full flip in most instances. With 250+ I end up bashing my face on the floor. On the odd occasion I get 1500+ spikes I'm glued to the floor like you're describing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • OObircheyOo - Lost City
    OObircheyOo - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    u needz to buy the Jump pack from Cash Shop has 0.001% chance to contain a successful jump
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    myriot wrote: »
    I cant wrap my head around this problem. I know in instances jump is nerfed, but i cant even jump like others do. In TT 3-1+ my chars get stuck at doorways.And yes i doo try double jump, and relog also, but i cant pass some doorways sometimes and it seems random. Is this possibly a graphics setting or something i can adjust?? Very frustrating, please helpb:surrender

You mean like, space bar jump?

You hold your space bar down while pressing a movement key to jump over the fail door sills. This is actually due to missing clipping planes.

_|-|_

That's basically what the door sills look like, at ground level, from the side.

_/|-|\_

That is what they should look like, at ground level, from the side. The tilted parts would be invisible, the vertical and horizontal are the bits you can see with textures on them. The - bit should be even with the top, too lazy to find a character that lines up with the top of the text line though. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • HadesHound - Raging Tide
    HadesHound - Raging Tide Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like client to server lag. Check your ping when you're in the dungeon by holding your cursor over the Gear looking icon in the bottom right corner of the screen If it's the Ping number is in yellow or red, that might be causing your problem. Try turning on Best Performance when you're having issues jumping, or in the UI menu try turning down effects.

On a good day with 100-150 ping, I can do a full flip in most instances. With 250+ I end up bashing my face on the floor. On the odd occasion I get 1500+ spikes I'm glued to the floor like you're describing.

The ping rate is something I never thought to check. I have had that issue as well before.
    As for using Best Performance, the ONLY time I ever have to turn that on is when I am in Cat Shop Central. Then I turn it on, and it runs nice and smooth again. Weird thing is, I will have a ping of 100-150, and it will lag hard in Arch at times (made much worse with this snow) I guess having a high end processor and card dont garentee that it wont get info-overloaded by too much **** lol.

I've only had issues once in instances, and I bet had I checked, I would have seen my ping rate was over 500 at the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's not the years that matter, it's the milage that has true meaning. Do not spend your life trying to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Walk the best path you can, and enjoy that journey.
    And ladies... Save a cowboy, ride a brony!
  • Eris - Dreamweaver
    Eris - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I used to have this problem and found something that worked for me and a few others. Tilt your camera so that it is looking up from behind you and then jump. I don't think it has to be pointed straight up, but a nice incline should do. After the incline, do the forward jump combo and it should work fine. Try the double jump too. If it doesn't work, then I am sorry.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    doorsills dont seem to be a problem till you get into the TT 3-#, and there it can be a pain...literally, when you have a mob chasing you! ^_^ but i've found that if you hit the doorway straight on, and jump with the space bar at the same time, most of the time you will make it over the sill first try. if you are a veno or a mystic, with a pet dragging along behind, i think that can add to the problem, so i've usually put away my pets before hitting doorways to rooms i know have lots of mobs inside, if i can....sometimes you cant, if those mobs are near the door and like to potshot you as you approche the door. in those cases, its a 'do your best' kind of thing.

but have fun...TTs are still some of the best fun in the game, i think.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Yeah funny thing is I replaced my keyboard and my internet company trying to double jump over the rails in tt3x/warsong didn't work...went an bought a new cheap pc from walmart....now i jump over the rails just fine.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Yeah funny thing is I replaced my keyboard and my internet company trying to double jump over the rails in tt3x/warsong didn't work...went an bought a new cheap pc from walmart....now i jump over the rails just fine.

That's a graphical process that causes it.... apparently.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • myriot
    myriot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    thank you for the responses, i will try all (except pack b:angry )Also doing some upgrades soon so maybe that will help also.