People who says seeker arent good= BS !

Options
BlowMind - Lost City
BlowMind - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
Hi, as you see in the avatar I have a level 39 Seeker, ( now Level 40 ) and I have been reading a lot of forums people saying that seekers aren't good at pvp. That made 3 new seekers I new quit to make sins since they **** in pvp.

Well I know im not that high yet, but to all seekers out there; those people who say seekers are bad at pvp low and high lvl, their totaly wrong.

Examples:

Me pvping a sin with charm and I do not have one: he got me to half hp and i killed him.his charm ticked once.
Vs a veno : way to easy when stunned
most of the light robe is the same.

Mages do A LOT of damage and their squishy
Clerics are a pain : shield plus phy def buff + heal + magic attach = hurts.
Archers are tricky but i win most of the times if i stun.
AND BTW, They were all either 1 lvl lower or a couple higher.

So all this to say, don't believe what people say. Play the class you prefer and you could exell
at it even if people may tell u the contrary xD ! peace b:laugh

Opinions about seekers in pvp ?
Post edited by BlowMind - Lost City on

Comments

• Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PVP at low level is irrelevant.
  • BlowMind - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    and your comment is more irrelevant. Low lvls like to have fun too, and ive seen high lvl seekers own many other classes. I Did not ask if pvp is revelant or not at any lvl.
    b:byeb:bye
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i approve this message. +1b:thanks
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlowMind - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options

okay.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    but to be honest, pvp at lower lvls doesn't really matter at all. the class isn't at its strongest, nor is it "fun" all that much compared to higher lvls duking it out. so just shut up and lvl.
    >when ur 85+ then get back with us.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Seekers without R9 imo aren't that great in PVP, in PVE you may stroke you're epeen as much as you can since I wont deny they are amazing at it.

Seeing a seeker without R9 hit me makes me wanna cry since most of them hit like a sage vit build barb in tiger form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlowMind - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Seekers without R9 imo aren't that great in PVP, in PVE you may stroke you're epeen as much as you can since I wont deny they are amazing at it.

Seeing a seeker without R9 hit me makes me wanna cry since most of them hit like a sage vit build barb in tiger form.
    LOOOL that was actualy funny.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Seeker is fine in duel, especially Sage seekers as they have two semi functional anti-stuns. But anything aside from that........

Once the classes you are fighting learn their own stuns, you will have more trouble. They come in somewhat later in game play. Your stun is useful but pretty short comparatively. In particular, Casters tend to blossom towards the end of the game and they will tear you apart. b:bye

UNTIL

Rank 9 at which point you become a rock most people won't be able to kill that usually does low damage but when zerk crit happens it's glorious and everyone dies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hehe, it depends on who you're up against and how well they and you play your class.
    I haven't encountered much people who were good at playing their class or I just rock(which I doubt XD) since I don't lose much in duels/pvp b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your 40 levels of expertise with us.
  • Demaulicus - Heavens Tear
    Demaulicus - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

That would only give him about 10 levels of PvP/PK experience due to not entering permanent PK mode until level 30. Or am I wrong about PvP servers needing to wait until level 30 for PvP/PK?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    That would only give him about 10 levels of PvP/PK experience due to not entering permanent PK mode until level 30. Or am I wrong about PvP servers needing to wait until level 30 for PvP/PK?

You're right, you have to wait till 30 on pvp servers also.

But I'm pretty sure you're all getting trolled, who still does these kind of threads? I beat veno cos I stun, I beat sin because I stun and HA. Reminds me of this one guy I ran into saying his seeker can beat all of a certain class independent of the player, I had half a mind to roll one of the classes and kick his ***.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hehe, it depends on who you're up against and how well they and you play your class.
    I haven't encountered much people who were good at playing their class or I just rock(which I doubt XD) since I don't lose much in duels/pvp b:surrender

Nah but there's a difference between a pve server and pvp. Most people on our server just do the regular duel or maybe once switch to pk enabled. But yea, that doesn't teach you too much.
    I admit myself, I know my way around in pk with two classes, the rest? Just don't care. Not like I'm gonna start pking anyway lol

Also, level 40 is a bit early to brag about how great a class is b:surrender You don't even have all your skills yet and most people nowadays use crappy gear for low levels too. Or there are ones that use way too expensive gear for those levels. So yes, it doesn't mean much until endgame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Seekers in TW either rock or are cannon fodder. This experience is more from a 3rd tier TW faction vs a 3rd tier TW faction (was 80 v 80 at least).

I've done TW against 100+ seekers that I could faceroll on my Sin. 1v1ing them, it was either a draw, or they died a little too quickly. Not talking about just telestunning from stealth, sparking, then poking holes all over them either. One caught me out of stealth and after his 'stun' wore off, I pretty much 4 shot him, and he was wearing Nirvana gear (my sin was 92 at the time). Couldn't tell you on refines.

Another time, we did TW against a faction with a seeker, and even an R9+12 archer coudln't kill him. We had to dedicate a squad of R8/R9 just to killing this ****. He'd run straight down our main push, Vortex, and the bodies would hit the floor. Must have been a pure vit build with def shards or something... I think he was R8, R9 for Seekers did not exist at that time.

On my Archer, I tend to just pew-pew until bow purges, and if STA still is on them, they tend to be a oneshot at that point. Lunar bow +3.

But then, I prefer to just metal debuff then let a cleric nuke them so whatever.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Mistbelle - Sanctuary
    Mistbelle - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Seeker is fine in duel, especially Sage seekers as they have two semi functional anti-stuns. But anything aside from that........

Once the classes you are fighting learn their own stuns, you will have more trouble. They come in somewhat later in game play. Your stun is useful but pretty short comparatively. In particular, Casters tend to blossom towards the end of the game and they will tear you apart. b:bye

UNTIL

Rank 9 at which point you become a rock most people won't be able to kill that usually does low damage but when zerk crit happens it's glorious and everyone dies.

Earth Vector them and let them die. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlowMind - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You're right, you have to wait till 30 on pvp servers also.

But I'm pretty sure you're all getting trolled, who still does these kind of threads? I beat veno cos I stun, I beat sin because I stun and HA. Reminds me of this one guy I ran into saying his seeker can beat all of a certain class independent of the player, I had half a mind to roll one of the classes and kick his ***.

This,, XD !!! it was 4am.. i wass reallly tierddd loooool ! might of been "high" in the sky.. O.o
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hi, as you see in the avatar I have a level 39 Seeker, ( now Level 40 ) and I have been reading a lot of forums people saying that seekers aren't good at pvp. That made 3 new seekers I new quit to make sins since they **** in pvp.

Well I know im not that high yet, but to all seekers out there; those people who say seekers are bad at pvp low and high lvl, their totaly wrong.

Examples:

Me pvping a sin with charm and I do not have one: he got me to half hp and i killed him.his charm ticked once.
    Vs a veno : way to easy when stunned
    most of the light robe is the same.

Mages do A LOT of damage and their squishy
    Clerics are a pain : shield plus phy def buff + heal + magic attach = hurts.
    Archers are tricky but i win most of the times if i stun.
    AND BTW, They were all either 1 lvl lower or a couple higher.

So all this to say, don't believe what people say. Play the class you prefer and you could exell
    at it even if people may tell u the contrary xD ! peace b:laugh

Opinions about seekers in pvp ?
    and your comment is more irrelevant. Low lvls like to have fun too, and ive seen high lvl seekers own many other classes. I Did not ask if pvp is revelant or not at any lvl.
    b:byeb:bye

Actually, Virlilink does have a point. Its not that you can't pvp at lower levels, and its good that you are confident. However, you don't have all of your skills yet, nor do many of your opponents. Not only that, but the skills that you do have are not fully leveled yet. The same is true of opponents. Yes. You will beat some classes a lot easier than you beat others. However, that's not going to be so easy later on. The roles of players will switch, there will be other things to look out for. and players will truly come into their own later on. That's the point was intended.

Wizards: Will get powerful ulti's, and will nuke the daylights out of you if you don't get to them first. With the new expansion coming out, they'll even get control skills too later on in the game.

Blademasters: Will stunlock you, and their defenses will go through the roof later on. They'll hf as well to debuff you too. Not only that, but they can get aps later, and they're VERY versatile melee fighters.

Sins: Crit rate will increase a great deal at level 80's. (Hence why you were told to get back to everyone when you were level 85+) Not only that, but once they reach level 89, they can pretty much permaspark on you for sparked crits. Right now, they are really squishy, and their crit rate isn't high enough yet for them to be as effective. Later on it will be, and you'll be given a much harder challenge in them. There is a reason why they're said to be OP. They'll be able to stunlock, stealth, teleport, and spark crit you. Plus, their aps will go up, so they'll inflict more damage over a shorter period of time.

Psychics: As they level up, and get better gear, their soulforce will improve. You wont even want to touch a psychic, because you will get regret...especially if they have high refines, thus higher soulforce. Not only that, but their magic is second only to the wizard, so offensively and defensively, they'll be a pain to deal with.

Venos: As they level up, so do their skills...and so do their pet skills. They'll get some more ways to deal with your seeker, and ones that have nix's will give you a serious run for your money.

Barbs: High defense, high hp, and a charm if they have it, make barbs a tough customer if you can't kill them quickly. Their true form and barb buffs will grant them even more hp as it is maxed. They'll get arma later on, as well as turtle...allowing for high damage from arma, and a strong reduction in damage received from turtle.

Archers: Crit rate will go through the roof at levels 80+. Not only that, but they're got the range to kite the daylights out of you. Things will get harder for you, so don't let your defeating them now let you think less of them.

Clerics: High magic defense, magic and physical damage, defensive magic, and debuffs make clerics capable fighters. Their sleeps, and seals will be a nuisance if they're allowed to get them off. They'll truly develop at 100+, when they get their level 100 skills. That allows them to get better magic damage on you, and to seal you better.

Mystics: Their knockback skills still work, so they can still kite. They have the ability to control their battlefield, to an extent, plus they have their summons, so they can be a bit of a pain to deal with. They have high magic attack, and not to be taken lightly. (No class is.)

Seekers: You'll develop more later on too, with vortex, and several other good attacks. I'll let you see them for yourself.

This said, you have only begun to pvp. A lot of complaints that you see on the forums are about endgame people, and people who are nearing endgame, and their pvp experiences. Classes really come into their own by then...or are getting more close to it. You are yet to see any ulti's. You haven't seen Tempest, Arma, Headhunt, Black Ice Dragon Strike, Blade Tempest, Cragglord, Thicket, Barrage of arrows, Seal of God, HF, Parasitic Nova, Malefic Crush, Earth Vector, a good SOR, a 4.0/5.0 aps type player, or even your own gemini slash, edged blur, or vortex.

That said, don't let these low levels go to your head, but you need to understand that things in pvp have literally just begun. Things will get tougher, and you will see that later on. Not just skillwise, but endgame is when people start going for extremely good gear, with high refines, and epic shards. Things will get tougher then. Not only that, but even around mid game, its going to pick up. Late mid game, people will have TT armor, and weapons. Levels 80's, those that rely on crits for kills will start getting them consistently. You'll get better too, but remember that people are saying what they are out of experience. I'm a pve type player, but I've been in the game long enough to know that things won't be this easy for long.

That said, I'm not trying to break your spirit, put you down, or diminish your accomplishments, but do understand that claiming awesomeness, and boasting now to the level 70's to 100+ players that now troll the forums isn't really the best idea as a level 40. You've done well so far in game, so I wish you luck with it. Just know that you're in for a lot of real challenges later on, as the characters develop, and the players adapt and strategize.

Take care, and good luck.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I do agree that people should play the class that they like and excel at though. Its a good point.

All classes have advantages and disadvantages. Keep your head up on it.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm only an hh99/r8 wiz but even r9 seekers aren't that hard to kill 1vs1 tbh. They just dont hit very hard =/ I dont know what their role in pvp even is, I think of them as just distractions since they're tanky but can't kill anyone.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Welcome to the forum board, see the light and experience it yourself ingame instead of depending on irrelevant guides and posts are around... You will encounter power leveled failures like...

This one

And this one. That will give you advises that actually FLAWS... Like ... veno can't AOE in RBs... FAIL.

Trust me, I was barked at for dueling and WTFROFLLOLWIN with my veno/BM where "PVP under 100 does not matter." or "LOL Its duel" Its an excuse for their lies and failure b:victory . AND YES I DID PROVE IT WITH SCREEN SHOTS AND VIDEOS. I don't like PVP (on an RPG, its tarded to me anyway). I think I will play NBA games with my relatives b:laugh
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wow isn't that Yulk :O
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wow isn't that Yulk :O

I'm coming up with some new names soon on arch server o.O... I want space for this server XD... I do still have space anyway
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm only an hh99/r8 wiz but even r9 seekers aren't that hard to kill 1vs1 tbh. They just dont hit very hard =/ I dont know what their role in pvp even is, I think of them as just distractions since they're tanky but can't kill anyone.

lol...

I accidently kill people with this gear lvl in TWs--- they get wrapped up in the AoE and usually are one shotted-
    re
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Let's be honest, i've seen seekers with 100+ att lvls and 100+ def lvls with 20k+ hp. Gemini Slash is one of the highest DPH skills in the game. Add that to a crit, or even a lucky crit + GoF and you're r8/hh99 wizzy will take enough dmg to die 4x over. I wonder sometimes if people in this forum actually the play the game or spend more time posting in forums.

yeah well a 40k hp barb zerk woukld kill such a seeker x2 ur point is
  • QuietKitteh - Lost City
    QuietKitteh - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

eh, you'd need a zerk crit for that to happen, which happens 1/1000 hits or so...
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

And an R9 dagger Sin would drop your 40HP Barb in 3 seconds. So what's YOUR point ?
  • QuietKitteh - Lost City
    QuietKitteh - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    And an R9 dagger Sin would drop your 40HP Barb in 3 seconds. So what's YOUR point ?

good one, +1
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    but to be honest, pvp at lower lvls doesn't really matter at all. the class isn't at its strongest, nor is it "fun" all that much compared to higher lvls duking it out. so just shut up and lvl.
    >when ur 85+ then get back with us.

why did you specify level 85 as the threshold in particular? I have been told by a level 90-something Psychic from my own faction that I am doing damage comparable to his Psychic on my Seeker (who at the time was only level 83) with my Vortex. And while Vortex itself may not be the best PvP skill, Edghed Blur is one of the better PvP skills, and it does similar damage to Vortex.

So really what is the fuss about?
    Seekers without R9 imo aren't that great in PVP

And what about those Seekers who do have Rank 9? Or perhaps Second Castings of Rank 8?

You do realize you can start dueling at level 1, right? While you are correct about PvP mode... that is not the only way to experience Player Verse Player combat in the game. Duels, Territory Wars, heck even the Cube of Fate also provide other ways of experiencing Player Verse Player in this game. Heck you can even participate in the Tournament event if you really want to.

Then it seems to me the Seekers that you are playing aren't very good at the role that they were assigned by the game.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    R9 seeker=c0in sink ijs.....

PvP Abilities=Makes a g00d fl00r mat

PvE Ability=

Sin:*Clears 3 Nirvs*

Y U N0 Guy:R9 Seeker Y U N0 FINISH FIRST NIRV?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    R9 seeker=c0in sink ijs.....

That could be said about just about every class that actually attempts to get Rank 9... IJS.
    PvP Abilities=Makes a g00d fl00r mat

Yeah, and any class other than maybe Barbarian, whom I hit with a Gemini Slash after I have gotten Rank 9 Gear... makes a good floor mat as well... IJS.
    PvE Ability=

Seeker is actually one of the better PvE classes in the game... IJS
    Sin:*Clears 3 Nirvs*

Yeah well just try to get into a Caster Nirvy run on a Sin. At least Seeker has a shot at getting into those runs on occassion. Sin on the other hand wouldn't be invited to a Caster Nirvy Run EVER!
    Y U N0 Guy:R9 Seeker Y U N0 FINISH FIRST NIRV?

HUH?
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic