Nirvana Splits - revisited

Options
Aasaf - Sanctuary
Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
I was thinking, if someone is farming for raps and you join a fast squad that does the runs until there are 6 raps (or multiples). It would be best to sell all the raps to one person in the squad (the one farming) at market price + a bit more.

1.62m is the market price. The farmer buy at 1.63m x5/6 = 1.358m for the person buying the rap.

1.358 x 6 = 8.15M, they save one rap in cost (the person farming)

The squad members get 1.63m. Most people often people take their rap from these runs and sell them to shops rather than to the squad mate. If squad members want to keep the rap, they can easily set up shop at 1.62~1.63m and get a rap bought within 1~10 minutes.

This way, the farming person gets 6 raps, the squad members each get money equivalent of one rap or one rap, which will be 5, so 11 raps in total. If everyone hoards their raps for resale or personal use, the squad only makes 6 raps.

To me getting 11 raps is a better solution than getting 6 raps, provided someone is willing to buy the raps. If no one is willing to, splitting it 1 each works well.

Farming 250~750 raps takes time, and if joining fast squads (10 minutes) results in every 3~7 runs = 1 rap. It is better to join a 15 minute run squad and be able to buy all the raps. Everyone in the squad gets good money, the farmer benefits. It takes usually 4~6 runs at 10 runs a minute = 40~60 minutes = 1 rap. Join a 15 minute squad, 3~4 runs = 1~6 raps. From a person who is farming the 15 minute squad is far better than the 10 minute one.

Just found it odd that the i joined 4 different 10 minute squads and no one seemed open to this idea.

Travel time+afk time+repair time, make a 5 minute squad be 10 minutes b:chuckle. I have been in 3.33+ aps squad that took 10~15 minutes. I have been in all 5aps squads which took 10~15 minutes. Having gear and refines helps, in absence of that, using skills helps.

Just wanted to see what others thought of this.
Post edited by Aasaf - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Most of the squads I go in offered is the Extra Uncannies and Raps to the squad for anyone to buy... normally people never want to.. but if they do... I offer my shares for them to buy privately.

Really, no one should be forced to sell their splits even if someone is farming. Sometimes, I like to save my splits for other things... I like having a collection of cannies and raps in my bank... mostly to offer to guildies for their gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • Aizza - Harshlands
    Aizza - Harshlands Posts: 719 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    But then the question is -- does everyone in the Nirvana squad have enough to even buy one canny?

Many that I know, barely have enough to teleport on. Everyone's trying so very hard to gear up that their banks are usually pretty empty off coin.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Xyleena - That is understandable, not forcing anyone. Just a thought, because most people do sell to catshops in the end. If the person does want to keep the rap, they get that extra bit of money to buy the rap from as well. For that to work, everyone has to agree though.

Aizza - I was in that stage last 2x as well. No money, low gear. This way helps out, that you do a few runs and buy nothing, and the next few runs you get the money to buy what you are farming for. Farming canny is slightly easier because the rap split is usually the same as extra cannies bought. Right now nirvana is a money drain for me b:chuckle, i got the money together to buy all the raps from farming, getting there was not fun. The average drop rate for raps is turning out 1 rap / run, so that results in 1 free canny. I don't have to spend extra on my vana pants. If somone wants to buy all the cannies, i sell them to the person in the squad. Why spend 250 runs for cannies, when it can get done in 25 :).

This is all after assuming you find an honest squad, 2 runs = 2 raps, 4 cannies b:laugh
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    A lot of people want to stock up on crystals to resell at some magic future date when they will be worth something again. They don't want to setup a catshop to buy them because that's using money!

This is just how they think and while not the most logical it's still rational.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary
    CRYSTY_III - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    your math /hopes will be useless in few weeks when 2x event is finished, and alot high lvls will return to the great status "bored" b:laugh ,and in a few months , after more new patches will come out and also nerfing more the drops rates until the point where pwe might add end game gear already crafted to the cash shop b:laughb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] srry about my english, im sure you'll get the point what im trying to say b:chuckleb:bye
    Happy Holidays ! b:victory
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I like having a collection of cannies and raps in my bank... mostly to offer to guildies for their gear.

Beg face
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Someone suggested something to me lately and I found it was a good idea for people willing to work like that. it's also a way to prevent scams and whatnot..

You get a squad going.

You tell them it's for 6 runs, if they don't agree, find someone else.

Chests stay picked by the leader (on free)

Now here's the catch 22.

After each run, leader keeps chests he got and then squad gets rebuild with another leader (beeing this time, the one that picks up the chests) and so on till 6th run is done.

Then everyone has same amount of chests to open, no one can say leader scammed others out of a canny.

As for drops of last boss, THEY are banked and then either splited after 6th run or sold to squad members/catshop and cash splited.

I found it was a good idea, but not everyone will run 6 runs in a row..
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Sir_Puma: I like that idea, the question is if it will work with random squads. If it was my friends, i would gather all the chests from all the bosses and divide those equally. Sometimes you get +4 chest boss other times you don't. But if i run with friends, i wouldn't need to buy raps b:chuckle. In a day i do 15~20 runs, hoping to get minimum 15~20 raps, and a few random squads is filled with scammers.

CRYSTY_III: Imagine g15 int claws can be bought from base after the expansion b:laugh. I wanted the claws to avoid the "bored" status. I wanted try lunar, warsong, pq, worldbosses, delta with friends. After reaching 101 it is boring without a good dd weapon.

Asterelle: This is the highest buy price for rap i have seen so far. Had the prices stayed around 1~1.2m like it did at the start of 2x, people could have thought of r9 recast. If people didn't have anything else to do with their magical raps. Sure these 2x events happened quickly, but the next one is only 2~3 months away probably. After that will be june/july occurrence, anni in September, and the cycle goes on. I doubt it will go back up to 2m price on the buy side.
  • Xyleena - Heavens Tear
    Xyleena - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options

<3 ILY. Play more and I might give joo some! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Characters:
    Xyleena | 102 Demon Cleric | Radiance Faction : Main
    Gwendolynne | 101 Sage Venomancer | Heavens Tear
    Delecroix | 101 Demon Assassin | Heavens Tear
    Anatoxin | 8x Future Sage Psychic | Heavens Tear
    Diva | 92 Sage Blademaster | Dreamweaver : Retired
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Honestly, I don't see the use of this proposition. If the one buying want to offer 10k more, he should just set up a shop with 5k more per rap. Do that at the most active times of your server, or on a catshop alt since you may have 2 accounts open, and you can buy hundreds of raps as long as you stay a little higher then the rest.

I only sell to squad members if I know they are actually making something, and in that case usually for a reasonable price a bit below market price. However, I noticed there are some that are always "making" some nirvana gear, and they just buy to resell to a shop immediately after to gain 10k or so. This is why I won't sell my share and refuse that the leftovers get sold for less to a person I don't know (only applies to random squads actually).

In any case, I'll always prefer 1 rap each over 6 raps for 1 and coins for the rest. Not for the hypothetical magical moment Asterelle mentioned, but cannies/raps fluctuate over 24h cycle and over a weekly cycle. The price difference between friday evening and monday morning is pretty big actually.
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This way, the farming person gets 6 raps, the squad members each get money equivalent of one rap or one rap, which will be 5, so 11 raps in total. If everyone hoards their raps for resale or personal use, the squad only makes 6 raps.

To me getting 11 raps is a better solution than getting 6 raps, provided someone is willing to buy the raps. If no one is willing to, splitting it 1 each works well.
    Did no one else notice that OP just pulled 5 raps out of his *** and is using complete false logic? Yes if you buy from the squad you can save the potential coins lost in... No you save nothing other than if you are going to it them later at shop sell price and not buy price. You are paying 10k more to save catshop time, that's it. It makes no difference if your team farm 6 raps and you buy all 6 at shop buying price and split the coins 6 way or if your squad farm 1 and you split the coin of that one rap 6 ways. There is no 11 raps because you each walk away gaining one rap. The farmer paid for the other 5 so all he did was convert coins to rap, which he could do on a cat while he was in nirv. Looks like the OP had a brain **** and decided to make a thread about it.

Apparently, the simple math of dividing by 6 is complicated enough to cause confusions amongst our players that result in thread like this one and the classic "why does the buyer gets a share of the coins if he's buying from the squad?"
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This doesnt make any sense.

The rapture is already 1/6th his so the buyer is spending more money than he should. He's purchasing part of the rap he already owns.
    <3 b:cute
  • Divine_Death - Harshlands
    Divine_Death - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This doesnt make any sense.

The rapture is already 1/6th his so the buyer is spending more money than he should. He's purchasing part of the rap he already owns.

No, he took that into account with buyer only buying 5 raps. That's another common mistake but not the one OP made.