Seeker cape; Lunar(-chan/-int)/WoCC

hwilangsj
hwilangsj Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Seeker
So... Yup. Seeker cape. I currently have both lunar wing trophy and WoCC. Which cape is most suitable for a pve seeker with max gear of full r8?? I've seen seekers with both -chan and -int cape, not seen one yet with WoCC. Seekers already have insane def anyway so I doubt WoCC is a good choice but I'm building tanker build seeker.

If your opinion is that lunar is better, please specify -chan or -int and some explanation would also be appreciated. I haven't really played the seeker yet but I'm trying to decide which one I can sell off and which one to keep for later. TYVM.
Post edited by hwilangsj on

Comments

• QuietKitteh - Lost City
    QuietKitteh - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    You got a lv 100 R8 seeker you havent really played yet? good job.... maybe play it some and learn to use it is a good start.

But to answer your question either the -chan cape or WoCC is what you want, not interval. Casting skills faster is a thing seekers really should do, kk. And def is always nice to have, can never have enuf of it.
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion there isn't a really great choice of cape for seeker - the int cape isn't really worth it because we aren't a high APS class. Nor is only a little bit of channeling going to be hugely beneficial, so unless you stack loads of -channeling gear I don't think its really worthwhile. WoCC seems better but then again we have high p.def as it is, so again I'm not sure we really get a huge bonus there.

Looking at the options end-game I'm thinking of going for a lunar nirvana for the armour set and might get the cape for that too. At the moment I'm using one of the normal Wing Trophy capes (the one with mdef, I forget what its called).
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion there isn't a really great choice of cape for seeker - the int cape isn't really worth it because we aren't a high APS class. Nor is only a little bit of channeling going to be hugely beneficial, so unless you stack loads of -channeling gear I don't think its really worthwhile. WoCC seems better but then again we have high p.def as it is, so again I'm not sure we really get a huge bonus there.

Looking at the options end-game I'm thinking of going for a lunar nirvana for the armour set and might get the cape for that too. At the moment I'm using one of the normal Wing Trophy capes (the one with mdef, I forget what its called).
    yeah i have to agree with that...

im going with the
    demon serene robe
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25713
    Ancestral Divine Helm
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25703

for the extra mag resist we oh so lack, and the bonus these 2 give together

along with rank ring and a Cloud Stir ring (yes magic ring)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26389
    cant go wrong with a ring that has -6% chan (-12 with rank ring), crit3%, attLv2, with a high refine mag res bonus and a engraving option
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • hwilangsj
    hwilangsj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Ty all for info. I know it's a lil stupid to ask such a question when I haven't played it but as I said, I want to sell one of them now for some coins which is why I decided to get some opinions. I won't be going for things like lunar... seeker isn't my main, I will only be playing for it for the experience of it and I am happy to go only as far as R8. (I already have R9+full JoSD toon, the rest are just for fun).

So I guess it does boil down to -chan or WoCC. Having played arcane class, I know -chan doesn't do much unless stacked... so perhaps I will just use WoCC for seeker even if it already has insane def :)
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    i agree with star(again kudos for the forums styles), but in answer to your question, get the WOCC. you have 4-sockets to play with and even though mag def is kinda low, i think enhancing your already sizable p.def is a better use for cape slot. in practice i have found that -12% to -21% channeling is all you need to make casting smoother. anything more than that is wasteful (i'd cap at -15% myself). if you have mag.resist cube and warsong then you are set for mag ornas.... assuming this is on the same account.