HP Buff

Blade_aether - Lost City
Blade_aether - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
edited December 2011 in Barbarian
Level 10 Beast king's gives me 10 chi.

Level 11 Sage Beast king's gives me 10 chi.

So riddle me this...

Level 11 Demon HP buff says that it gives 50% more chi... 50% of 10 is 5 right? So Demon HP buff should give the user 15 chi?

Regardless of how many people you effect with the Demon HP buff, you get the same amount of chi... Which I have heard rumored to be 35?

So, 50% increase means x3.5? So why when I use my level 11 Str buff does my damage not get multiplied by 3.5? ;)

I am kidding on that one but still, 35 chi per buff? It says 50% more........

I know sage lasts for an hour, but anything over 15 minutes, with a less than 1 minute cool down, keeping buffed should not be too difficult...

So once again... Why does Demon HP buff give 3.5 times more chi than Sage?

Blade_Aether
Confused.
Post edited by Blade_aether - Lost City on

Comments

• _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    No idea perhaps a mistake in the game mechanics or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I believe you get 15 chi from casting the skill (instead of 10), and because it buffs the entire party with 20 chi, you also get a bonus 20 chi from that. At least I find that I get the chi in two chunks when I use it; I have wonderful lag which might make this more noticable.

There is definitely a difference in chi gain for party compared to barb and I believe it's the above numbers.
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    I believe you get 15 chi from casting the skill (instead of 10), and because it buffs the entire party with 20 chi, you also get a bonus 20 chi from that. At least I find that I get the chi in two chunks when I use it; I have wonderful lag which might make this more noticable.

There is definitely a difference in chi gain for party compared to barb and I believe it's the above numbers.

Uhm, I initially thought of this as well, but it is false.

So if you have a Demon barb HP buff itself while NOT in a squad, you still get 35 chi, but even in a party of 6 people, you still get 35 chi.

Speaking of lag, I would estimate that about 3/10 that I don't even get chi for using my Sage HP buff due to lag.

Can we reach a compromise please? Life make Sage barbs get 20 chi for each HP buff? That is still more than a 50% increase for Demon barbs...

Blade_Aether
    Can't **** the willing.
  • Blaxton - Raging Tide
    Blaxton - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's false. It gives 20 chi to everyone in the squad, including the barb casting. You don't have to be in a squad to HP buff yourself, so you still give the extra 20 chi to yourself whether in a squad or not.
  • Blade_aether - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    So hurr durr 35 chi instead of 10?

Honestly, that is a little unfair?

Especially considering that Sage onslaught cannot zerk...

Especially considering that it gives 15 chi, as opposed to 10, just going to make it give 20 more? I am pretty sure that was not how it was designed to work...

Just like how the Demon Highland Cleave doesn't work?...

(I think that it was highland cleave.)

Blade_Aether
    Bewildered.